Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 11:14 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(24-04-2015 08:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:43 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Let me guess,
With the atheist you saw shadows creep in from under the door, the windows iced over, a message appears on the window "We're coming for you", you heard demonic mutterings and heard clawing and scratching, the atheist scream, oh my god they've come for me, no, no get away, Ahhhhh, it burns!, they are clawing my flesh, Nooooooooooooooooo!
Everyone in the room flees and has nightmares for the next month.

With the Christian, you saw a bright light from above, a beconning warmth, some butterflies fluttering about, flowers blossomed, then the Christian claims, I see a light, and in the light I see grandmama, she is smiling, welcoming me, oh look, there is my long lost childhood friend, Oh and my baby that was still born, she has grown up now, she wants a hug, Oh this is so exciting, I going to the light, hello grandmama, hello my beautiful daughter..
Everyone in the room cheers and sheds tears of joy.

Not quite, Mister Bond.

What I've observed doing ministry in nursing homes and hospice centers is that born again patients are mentally together, and happy for a visit, and happy in general, even the ones whose family are long gone and who have not had regular visits for months, even years. God gives Christians a sound mind per 2 Timothy 1. These people are alert, sharp and want to tell you what they read in the Bible that morning that encouraged them...

I've also had the displeasure of watching loved ones die in agony as well as the unredeemed state.

I've also encountered (and some of them are my friends, but it takes patience) older skeptics, older, it seems, than many or most on this forum, and boy are they in trouble--not judgment of Hell--that's not what I mean. Rather I mean they are nasty old curs.

Take Christopher Hitchens--not his death--his life. What a towering intellect he was! What a keen and insightful mind! But not a nice man at all. One of his "hobbies" was having peers and faculty come over for dinner and to demonstrate his brilliance in logic and argumentation by reducing them to tears. Ayn Rand was the same way. She was famous for arguing through the night until her friends were no longer her friends. Again, Rand has so much to say and would likely reprove many skeptics today for being way too liberal in their economic and political worldview. But she was a nasty piece of work in some ways. Sad.

Me? I was a real piece of work before Jesus, and He's still working. I know that. But my marriage and children and relationships are on a base of God. Getting better all the time, like the Beatles sang...

2 Timothy 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;

4 Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;

5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

16 The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain:

17 But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me.

18 The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

What a load of drivel! Delusional tripe!
Written by we don't know who.
It doesn't even make sense.

Why da fuck do you revere this sort of material... written by stupefied, ignorant, primitive nobodies?

And… how dare you blaspheme against the great Hitch! It is written

"1. I, Mark, servant of Hitch and an apostle of TTA forum;

2. To those who refuse to accept that Hitch is Lord and Master...you will burn in hell forever, Evil_monster where there will be grinding of teeth and never-ending replays of Hitch youtube videos.

3. Those who have faith in Hitch and hear his good news will go to Hitch heaven and be diligently sought out. They will have the pointy bits on their ears * nibbled by scantily clad nymphs who refill never empty glasses of Johnny Walker Black.

4. You have been warned of the perils or the good times awaiting you. Now do as I tell you."

(Mark 1;1-4 New International Atheist Version)

* some older translations have this as "earlobes." Be that as it may, the consensus amongst scholars is that these scantily clad nymphs insert their tongues into the middle part of the pinna irrespective of the exact part of the helix that is nibbled. It is left to the discretion of all atheist believers to decide on which part of the ear they think the nibbling occurs.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
24-04-2015, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 08:24 PM by Mark Fulton.)
With the atheist you saw shadows creep in from under the door, the windows iced over, a message appears on the window "We're coming for you", you heard demonic mutterings and heard clawing and scratching, the atheist scream, oh my god they've come for me, no, no get away, Ahhhhh, it burns!, they are clawing my flesh, Nooooooooooooooooo!

With the Christian, you saw a bright light from above, a beconning warmth, some butterflies fluttering about, flowers blossomed, then the Christian claims, I see a light, and in the light I see grandmama, she is smiling, welcoming me, oh look, there is my long lost childhood friend, Oh and my baby that was still born, she has grown up now, she wants a hug, Oh this is so exciting, I going to the light, hello grandmama, hello my beautiful daughter..

Not quite, Mister Bond.

What I've observed doing ministry in nursing homes and hospice centers is that born again patients are mentally together, and happy for a visit, and happy in general, even the ones whose family are long gone and who have not had regular visits for months, even years. God gives Christians a sound mind per 2 Timothy 1. These people are alert, sharp and want to tell you what they read in the Bible that morning that encouraged them...

I've also had the displeasure of watching loved ones die in agony as well as the unredeemed state.

I've also encountered (and some of them are my friends, but it takes patience) older skeptics, older, it seems, than many or most on this forum, and boy are they in trouble--not judgment of Hell--that's not what I mean. Rather I mean they are nasty old curs.

Take Christopher Hitchens--not his death--his life. What a towering intellect he was! What a keen and insightful mind! But not a nice man at all. One of his "hobbies" was having peers and faculty come over for dinner and to demonstrate his brilliance in logic and argumentation by reducing them to tears. Ayn Rand was the same way. She was famous for arguing through the night until her friends were no longer her friends. Again, Rand has so much to say and would likely reprove many skeptics today for being way too liberal in their economic and political worldview. But she was a nasty piece of work in some ways. Sad.

Me? I was a real piece of work before Jesus, and He's still working. I know that. But my marriage and children and relationships are on a base of God. Getting better all the time, like the Beatles sang...

"...Getting better all the time, like the Beatles sang..."

yeah...because John Lennon was such a god-botherer...

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
24-04-2015, 07:44 PM
(24-04-2015 07:14 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-04-2015, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2015 10:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can. ... Girly can. ... bitches. You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. ... Suck on my chocolate salty balls. Just stick 'em in your mouth and suck 'em.

#sigh
25-04-2015, 06:10 AM
(24-04-2015 08:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Me? I was a real piece of work before Jesus, and He's still working. I know that. But my marriage and children and relationships are on a base of God. Getting better all the time, like the Beatles sang...

I thought my marriage was on a base of God also, but one day I ceased to believe. A lot of soul searching occurred at that point, a lot of reevaluation. But I found that the base of my marriage wasn't God after all. It was the love, respect, and mutual support between two people that was that was the base of my marriage.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 4 users Like Hafnof's post
26-04-2015, 05:07 PM
(25-04-2015 06:10 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 08:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Me? I was a real piece of work before Jesus, and He's still working. I know that. But my marriage and children and relationships are on a base of God. Getting better all the time, like the Beatles sang...

I thought my marriage was on a base of God also, but one day I ceased to believe. A lot of soul searching occurred at that point, a lot of reevaluation. But I found that the base of my marriage wasn't God after all. It was the love, respect, and mutual support between two people that was that was the base of my marriage.

That's the foundation of all relationships, brother. Differences in metaphysics only mean dick to people who don't appreciate that differences in metaphysics don't mean dick.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-04-2015, 06:10 PM

Not quite, Mister Bond.

"I was a real piece of work before Jesus, and He's still working."

Jesus is dead. D E A D. He doesn't talk, doesn't move, doesn't think and doesn't influence you.

If, hypothetically, he was somehow still alive, he'd consider you a heretic.
26-04-2015, 06:16 PM
(24-04-2015 04:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 04:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are clearly tortured and miserable because you don't know what real joy is. You're just fooling yourselves. Drinking Beverage
Perhaps an analogy would the happiness of a domestic dog vs the liveliness of a wild dog. Sometimes perception of happiness isn't the complete picture.

[Image: 658040288_orig.jpg]

[Image: Wolf-behind-a-tree-wolves-37003465-1920-1200.png]

Oh, dear. That was supposed to be wry, amusing irony. Facepalm

Sorry if you didn't take it that way. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-04-2015, 06:28 PM
The greatest trick Satan ever played was posting incessantly on TTA as Q Cunt, making astonishingly unconvincing, tedious arguments, thereby strengthening the atheist belief of many forum participants and driving equivocating believers into the seedy alleys of atheism.

I've said it before: Q Cunt is Qunt.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
26-04-2015, 06:35 PM
(26-04-2015 06:28 PM)claywise Wrote:  The greatest trick Satan ever played was posting incessantly on TTA as Q Cunt, making astonishingly unconvincing, tedious arguments, thereby strengthening the atheist belief of many forum participants and driving equivocating believers into the seedy alleys of atheism.

I've said it before: Q Cunt is Qunt.

It's worse than that. He's just Quaint.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post