Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(05-06-2015 11:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. If I wanted to argue with my professors, I'd go back for a third degree. Kindly either tell me what you think about this stuff or leave me alone, please.

Why should we? You don't leave us alone with your drivel.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-06-2015, 04:45 PM
(05-06-2015 11:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. If I wanted to argue with my professors, I'd go back for a third degree. Kindly either tell me what you think about this stuff or leave me alone, please.

I'll leave you alone when you leave. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-06-2015, 01:49 AM
(05-06-2015 11:10 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Mark,

I know who the Nazarenes were but I disagree with the thin-as-uncooked pastry dough theory of who they were. Yes, they were called Nazarenes after Jesus of Nazareth. No, they weren't Qumran sectarians teaching mystic ideas. Yes, there are no extant early histories of Nazareth. However, it was remarked that it was a crummy little town... "Can anything good come from [little old] Nazareth"?

And when I say YOUR theories, it's because I know well you are hiding behind what you've heard is taught by secular academics today, aka, this year, aka a few years back it was Jesus faked His death on the cross and started Christianity by Himself, etc. I'm the person with the degree in Religion/biblical studies from a secular college, remember?

Religious historian, please.

James wrote a letter. Secular academics have left their old path that Mark was early/first and now you are agreeing with them that James was written early. And? Do you have any original ideas today? The Roman conspiracy was academic garbage same as this, same as Nazareth theory. What do YOU think?

You are rambling, and clearly out of your depth.
08-06-2015, 10:01 AM
(05-06-2015 11:23 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Q, I have but three questions for you at the moment;

1: Are you a believer in the resurrected Christ?

2: If so, from where do you get the information regarding that belief?

3: If the bible, to what degree? That is to say, do you regard the bible as the inspired word of God?

Jesus resurrected in bodily, not metaphorical or "spiritual" form.

My information comes from both the Bible and what I know of orthodoxy, practice, law, archaeology, etc. outside the Bible.

The Bible is the inspired Word of God in its original manuscripts. Fortunately, we can read direct Greek and Hebrew to English Bibles from manuscripts that we have many reasons to believe are direct, authentic, accurate copies of the originals, if not the originals themselves. We may have some of the original texts!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
08-06-2015, 10:03 AM
(06-06-2015 01:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 11:10 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Mark,

I know who the Nazarenes were but I disagree with the thin-as-uncooked pastry dough theory of who they were. Yes, they were called Nazarenes after Jesus of Nazareth. No, they weren't Qumran sectarians teaching mystic ideas. Yes, there are no extant early histories of Nazareth. However, it was remarked that it was a crummy little town... "Can anything good come from [little old] Nazareth"?

And when I say YOUR theories, it's because I know well you are hiding behind what you've heard is taught by secular academics today, aka, this year, aka a few years back it was Jesus faked His death on the cross and started Christianity by Himself, etc. I'm the person with the degree in Religion/biblical studies from a secular college, remember?

Religious historian, please.

James wrote a letter. Secular academics have left their old path that Mark was early/first and now you are agreeing with them that James was written early. And? Do you have any original ideas today? The Roman conspiracy was academic garbage same as this, same as Nazareth theory. What do YOU think?

You are rambling, and clearly out of your depth.

I can rephrase for you. Please stop submitting the latest and untestable/unfalsifiable theories from academia and share original thoughts.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
08-06-2015, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 11:12 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-06-2015 10:01 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 11:23 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Q, I have but three questions for you at the moment;

1: Are you a believer in the resurrected Christ?

2: If so, from where do you get the information regarding that belief?

3: If the bible, to what degree? That is to say, do you regard the bible as the inspired word of God?

Jesus resurrected in bodily, not metaphorical or "spiritual" form.

My information comes from both the Bible and what I know of orthodoxy, practice, law, archaeology, etc. outside the Bible.

The Bible is the inspired Word of God in its original manuscripts. Fortunately, we can read direct Greek and Hebrew to English Bibles from manuscripts that we have many reasons to believe are direct, authentic, accurate copies of the originals, if not the originals themselves. We may have some of the original texts!

Your claims are worth no more than someone claiming "the moon is made of green cheese". There is no evidence that Jesus resurrected bodily, either in the Bible or outside it. In light of the other exaggerated and allegorical "events" recounted in the resurrection MYTH, (the 500 other who supposedly rose, the split rocks, and the torn temple curtain, .... all of which we KNOW did not happen) as NOT ONE historian or archaeologist has ever found a shred of evidence for any of it. In fact the Bible says the followers repeatedly did not recognize him when they "saw him". That is not a physical body. You have no "information". At the end of Matthew it says even though (supposedly) "seeing him" they STILL doubted. Either you see a body or you don't. All you have is delusional wishful thinking that you claim is "information". There is no archaeologist that claims to have information about a resurrected Jesus. In fact, in the context of Jewish apocalytic heros, (as Bart Ehrman also explains in his book), "exaltation" (which is NOT physical resurrection), is more than likely what was meant. The Bible is not the "inspired word" of anyone. No one claimed "inspired" for hundreds of years. When Timothy said "all scripture is god breathed" there was no "canon", so he could not have meant your Babble, and that's just more Fundamentalist garbage you accept, which was cooked up, and is essentailly non-historical, and meaningless. Copies of original myths and lies are still lies. There are countless contradictions and errors in the gospels we know about, to say nothing of all the other gospels which were eliminated, and not for HISTORICAL reasons. Original faith texts cooked up many decades after the supposed events are no more reliable that fairy tales. Repeating your drivel does not make it true. And in fact there are Christian scholars with FAR FAR FAR more expertise in their fields than you will ever have, who totally disagree with your Funide nonsense.

In his book "The Better Angels of our Nature, the decline of Violence", Dr. Stephen Pinker, the Evolutionary Neuro-psychologist from Harvard, discusses what actually DOES lead to improvements in human culture. Jesus' ''sacrifice" (if the routine execution of a common trouble-maker could even be said to *be* a "sacrifice") led to no improvements.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-06-2015, 04:47 PM
(08-06-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(06-06-2015 01:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You are rambling, and clearly out of your depth.

I can rephrase for you. Please stop submitting the latest and untestable/unfalsifiable theories from academia and share original thoughts.

Please stop stating your unevidenced beliefs as fact.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
08-06-2015, 05:02 PM
(08-06-2015 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I can rephrase for you. Please stop submitting the latest and untestable/unfalsifiable theories from academia and share original thoughts.

Please stop stating your unevidenced beliefs as fact.

How about if Qbert just stops altogether...please. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-06-2015, 06:19 PM
(08-06-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(06-06-2015 01:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You are rambling, and clearly out of your depth.

Ha ha, that is really funny coming from you.

You don't get to tell me what I post.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
08-06-2015, 06:24 PM
(08-06-2015 10:01 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jesus resurrected in bodily, not metaphorical or "spiritual" form.

(08-06-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I can rephrase for you. Please stop submitting the latest and untestable/unfalsifiable theories from academia and share original thoughts.

Yes indeed. As we can see, all he posts are "original thoughts". Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post