Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(11-06-2015 12:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Here's the deal. JDEP absolutely touches on the authorship of the rest of the OT:

* OT prophets reprove people for not following MOSAIC LAW. If YOU read the sources you quote so confidently before accusing me, you'd realize the impossibility of prophets writing and quoting Mosaic Law before it was written...

* JDEP is invalidated by archaeological findings, things like construction of buildings and doors as they are described... archaeology did not exist until the modern era and the descriptions throughout the OT invalidate later post-exilic dating for the Penteteuch...

* JDEP OF COURSE touches non-Penteteuch OT, because BB and Mark have apparently forgotten that language forms and terms for YHVH, etc. that pepper the Penteteuch and are used to theorize JDEP in the first place are also in the prophets and Psalms, etc. Thankfully for you, just because the Google pages you visited forgot this salient fact, I'm able to remind you.

* My original points stand. Including one which Mark brought up yet again (Mark, try some gingko biloba, brother!). THANK YOU for saying the gospels are circa post-70 AD. Brilliant! Now address my point--don't you think the young men who were Jesus's disciples could remember the miracles and things they saw for forty years before they were written? OF COURSE, last week, Mark you claimed the gospels were dated to the 2nd century, at least until I quoted Clement I and others who quoted them in the 1st century...

Some of you think (so you can push away the Lord, I'm thinking) that I'm as crazy as a goony bird... at least I'm consistent in what I preach! BB and Mark and etc. change their stance weekly or however it suits their fancy. To be very, very honest, they change their stances so often I wonder if they do something mind-altering before they post to respond to my posts...

Nope. That's NOT "the deal". Not at ALL. Sorry. You're telling LIES, Q. As per your usual ignorant stuff, learned from Fundie pamphlets.

1. You have not demonstrated ONCE when the "OT Prophets" were written, and until you do, your point falls on its ass. Too bad. If the Mosaic Law could not be quoted as it wasn't written, then they were BOTH cooked up LATER, dumb-ass. It could have existed as various cultural traditions, or even "named" as such later. Since you have not a shred of experience with academic pursuits, anything you have to say is simply dismissed here as ignoraance.

2. Descriptions in the OT have been demonstrated to be FALSE. Someone saying something in the OT does not make it true, and countless thousands of things have been proven FALSE in the OT (except to Fundie FOOLS who assume just because it's in the OT it's "true"). Archaeology deals with the past. As such it has debunked MANY MANY claims in the OT, which have been proven to be completely absolutely false. Of course this fact is VERY DISTURBING to someone who has the childish view that the literature later assembled into the canon is the "word of a god". Fundies need to take a class or two. This one never took even one.

3. You need not remind anyone of anything. You know nothing about anything, and you have proven it over and over and over. Stating the Documentary Hypothesis "touches" something is a meaningless phrase, and you have provided NOT A SHRED of academic support for this additional crap. You have not read ONE thing that anyone here suggested you read, and cannot discuss even ONE book on any relevant topic here.

4. You have no points about anything that "stand" as you have NEVER referenced even ONE with academic references.
Your assertions have as much value as "The moon is made of green cheese". Making assertions is proof of NOTHING. That's all you seem to be able to do.

5. There is no "lord" to "push away". You have no clue what the fuck you're even talking about here. I do get that is the only infantile way you people have to try to rationalize the fact that most people don't buy into your garbage, and you do need to explain that to your simplistic childish, uneducated minds. Fundamentalism is really a mental disorder, not a religious stance.

6. By all means, keep up this comedy act, Fool-For-Jebus. You are a complete and utter joke. Maybe some day you'll actually read a book about your Babble and have something intelligent to say about it. No one will hold their breath. Forcing the "facts" to fit your belief system must be a very difficult thing to try to maintain. It's a waste of time. Some of the most prominent archaeologists who have debunked the OT are actually Jews in Israel who have everything to lose doing this. At least they have some intellectual honesty. It's a trait you lack, Q.

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/archeology.html
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/12/24...al-History
"• Archaeological evidence contradicts all four stories that make up the foundations of the Bible; and
• the Bible was written, re-written, edited and redacted for the purposes of propaganda."

Drinking Beverage

Weeping

Tongue

Saying I don't have anything to contribute six different ways is still simply saying I don't have things to contribute without refuting my statements.

Again, JDEP has been disproved by archaeology. It is a theory in the unproven/unfalsifiable sense of the word.

You are echoing your mentors when you say things like "prophets spoke to encourage people of their time" and then say that JDEP and other theories prove the scriptures were written long after the events contained in their narratives. A typical contradiction from a liberal scholar. Which is it? That the prophets don't tell the future or that they wrote when conservatives think they wrote their prophecies?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2015, 10:27 AM
(15-06-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 12:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. That's NOT "the deal". Not at ALL. Sorry. You're telling LIES, Q. As per your usual ignorant stuff, learned from Fundie pamphlets.

1. You have not demonstrated ONCE when the "OT Prophets" were written, and until you do, your point falls on its ass. Too bad. If the Mosaic Law could not be quoted as it wasn't written, then they were BOTH cooked up LATER, dumb-ass. It could have existed as various cultural traditions, or even "named" as such later. Since you have not a shred of experience with academic pursuits, anything you have to say is simply dismissed here as ignoraance.

2. Descriptions in the OT have been demonstrated to be FALSE. Someone saying something in the OT does not make it true, and countless thousands of things have been proven FALSE in the OT (except to Fundie FOOLS who assume just because it's in the OT it's "true"). Archaeology deals with the past. As such it has debunked MANY MANY claims in the OT, which have been proven to be completely absolutely false. Of course this fact is VERY DISTURBING to someone who has the childish view that the literature later assembled into the canon is the "word of a god". Fundies need to take a class or two. This one never took even one.

3. You need not remind anyone of anything. You know nothing about anything, and you have proven it over and over and over. Stating the Documentary Hypothesis "touches" something is a meaningless phrase, and you have provided NOT A SHRED of academic support for this additional crap. You have not read ONE thing that anyone here suggested you read, and cannot discuss even ONE book on any relevant topic here.

4. You have no points about anything that "stand" as you have NEVER referenced even ONE with academic references.
Your assertions have as much value as "The moon is made of green cheese". Making assertions is proof of NOTHING. That's all you seem to be able to do.

5. There is no "lord" to "push away". You have no clue what the fuck you're even talking about here. I do get that is the only infantile way you people have to try to rationalize the fact that most people don't buy into your garbage, and you do need to explain that to your simplistic childish, uneducated minds. Fundamentalism is really a mental disorder, not a religious stance.

6. By all means, keep up this comedy act, Fool-For-Jebus. You are a complete and utter joke. Maybe some day you'll actually read a book about your Babble and have something intelligent to say about it. No one will hold their breath. Forcing the "facts" to fit your belief system must be a very difficult thing to try to maintain. It's a waste of time. Some of the most prominent archaeologists who have debunked the OT are actually Jews in Israel who have everything to lose doing this. At least they have some intellectual honesty. It's a trait you lack, Q.

"• Archaeological evidence contradicts all four stories that make up the foundations of the Bible; and
• the Bible was written, re-written, edited and redacted for the purposes of propaganda."

Drinking Beverage

Weeping

Tongue

Saying I don't have anything to contribute six different ways is still simply saying I don't have things to contribute without refuting my statements.

Again, JDEP has been disproved by archaeology. It is a theory in the unproven/unfalsifiable sense of the word.

You are echoing your mentors when you say things like "prophets spoke to encourage people of their time" and then say that JDEP and other theories prove the scriptures were written long after the events contained in their narratives. A typical contradiction from a liberal scholar. Which is it? That the prophets don't tell the future or that they wrote when conservatives think they wrote their prophecies?

Are you honestly this vacuous?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
15-06-2015, 10:47 AM
(11-06-2015 12:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. That's NOT "the deal". Not at ALL. Sorry. You're telling LIES, Q. As per your usual ignorant stuff, learned from Fundie pamphlets.

Drinking Beverage

Weeping

Tongue

You can't be as stupid as you're making yourself look. The documentary hypothesis (i.e., "JDEP") refers to the first 5 or 6 books of the Old Testament and that's all. You have been told this several times now, by several different people, and you're still either not getting it or deliberately ignoring it. Hint: "The prophets" are not part of those 5 or 6 books. There is no contradiction, because we are talking about different things. It's like we're saying mammals have hair and reptiles don't, and you're indignantly replying "Make up your mind! Do they have hair or don't they?" Two different things -- no contradiction. Get it?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
15-06-2015, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015 08:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-06-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Again, JDEP has been disproved by archaeology. It is a theory in the unproven/unfalsifiable sense of the word.

Tell us where and by whom exactly it has been "disproven". You forgot to mention that. If it's been "disproven", then is IS "falsifiable", you idiot. Which is it ?

(15-06-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are echoing your mentors when you say things like "prophets spoke to encourage people of their time" and then say that JDEP and other theories prove the scriptures were written long after the events contained in their narratives. A typical contradiction from a liberal scholar. Which is it? That the prophets don't tell the future or that they wrote when conservatives think they wrote their prophecies?

Liberal or not, they may or may not be right. Being liberal does not make them wrong. You have provided not one shred of literary or archeological evidence, either way.

It's both. Until the time of the "pesher interpretation" fad, the role of a prophet was not to tell the future. it's irrelevant. There are far more that didn't happen the way they predicted anyway. Take a class some day. BTW, your assumption that (only) "consrvatives" (all) buy into the Fundamentalist-literal interpretation is completely false. I have posted references before, (as you well know) that some the most respected and conservative scholars don't buy into Fundamenatist nonsense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-06-2015, 05:56 PM
(15-06-2015 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Take a class some day.

He has a year of Greek. Therefore God. Q.E.D.

#sigh
15-06-2015, 07:00 PM
(15-06-2015 05:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Take a class some day.

He has a year of Greek. Therefore God. Q.E.D.

And not only that. He has pamphlets. Lots and lots of Fundie pamphlets. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-06-2015, 04:54 AM

Drinking Beverage

Weeping

Tongue

I'm a bit embarrassed by the fact I waited 4 days for this
16-06-2015, 08:06 AM
(16-06-2015 04:54 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Saying I don't have anything to contribute six different ways is still simply saying I don't have things to contribute without refuting my statements.

I'm a bit embarrassed by the fact I waited 4 days for this

No, Q should be embarrassed that it took him 4 days to come up with that tripe. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
16-06-2015, 08:41 AM
(15-06-2015 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Again, JDEP has been disproved by archaeology. It is a theory in the unproven/unfalsifiable sense of the word.

Tell us where and by whom exactly it has been "disproven". You forgot to mention that. If it's been "disproven", then is IS "falsifiable", you idiot. Which is it ?

(15-06-2015 10:11 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are echoing your mentors when you say things like "prophets spoke to encourage people of their time" and then say that JDEP and other theories prove the scriptures were written long after the events contained in their narratives. A typical contradiction from a liberal scholar. Which is it? That the prophets don't tell the future or that they wrote when conservatives think they wrote their prophecies?

Liberal or not, they may or may not be right. Being liberal does not make them wrong. You have provided not one shred of literary or archeological evidence, either way.

It's both. Until the time of the "pesher interpretation" fad, the role of a prophet was not to tell the future. it's irrelevant. There are far more that didn't happen the way they predicted anyway. Take a class some day. BTW, your assumption that (only) "consrvatives" (all) buy into the Fundamentalist-literal interpretation is completely false. I have posted references before, (as you well know) that some the most respected and conservative scholars don't buy into Fundamenatist nonsense.

Which is it? It is that the later dates for the Pentateuch upheld by JDEP scholars are disproven by archaeology, and the theory of Pentateuch construction by teams of redactors is unfalsifiable.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
16-06-2015, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2015 08:56 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-06-2015 08:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 05:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Tell us where and by whom exactly it has been "disproven". You forgot to mention that. If it's been "disproven", then is IS "falsifiable", you idiot. Which is it ?

Which is it? It is that the later dates for the Pentateuch upheld by JDEP scholars are disproven by archaeology, and the theory of Pentateuch construction by teams of redactors is unfalsifiable.

You tell us where it was "disproven" and I'll try to figure out what exactly you're asking. Rolleyes