Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2015, 07:58 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(16-06-2015 08:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 08:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Which is it? It is that the later dates for the Pentateuch upheld by JDEP scholars are disproven by archaeology, and the theory of Pentateuch construction by teams of redactors is unfalsifiable.

You tell us where it was "disproven" and I'll try to figure out what exactly you're asking. Rolleyes

You are a very bright person, so you must have merely forgotten I've cited issues like:

* Archaeology is a modern science only

* The scriptures give many specifics incidental to their narratives on locations, persons and architecture

* Without archaeology having been invented, the specifics show earlier dates for the authorship(s) of the Penteteuch and the rest of the Tanakh than mainline scholars assert today

Therefore we can state the post-exilic dating held to for JDEP and etc. re: the OT is false. The syllogism falls, there is neither a need to reprove exiles nor teams of Septuagint-era and etc. redactors of the scriptures. So, if you want to keep pushing this with me, JDEP IS falsifiable.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2015, 08:50 AM
(17-06-2015 07:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-06-2015 08:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You tell us where it was "disproven" and I'll try to figure out what exactly you're asking. Rolleyes

You are a very bright person, so you must have merely forgotten I've cited issues like:

* The scriptures give many specifics incidental to their narratives on locations, persons and architecture

* Without archaeology having been invented, the specifics show earlier dates for the authorship(s) of the Penteteuch and the rest of the Tanakh than mainline scholars assert today

Therefore we can state the post-exilic dating held to for JDEP and etc. re: the OT is false. The syllogism falls, there is neither a need to reprove exiles nor teams of Septuagint-era and etc. redactors of the scriptures. So, if you want to keep pushing this with me, JDEP IS falsifiable.

So let me get this straight: If I write a book about, say, Abraham Lincoln, and I get the details right about Civil War Era persons, places, etc. -- that "proves" that I must have written the book in 1865? That seems to be what you are claiming about the documentary hypothesis. If so, you are as nutty as a fruitcake.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
17-06-2015, 10:26 AM
(17-06-2015 07:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are a very bright person, so you must have merely forgotten I've cited issues like:

Apparently you are not so "bright". Archaeology DEALS WITH THE PAST. It has discovered all kinds of unknown things about the past. You saying this demonstrates your utter ignorance. Your (supposed) point is utterly ridiculous. Archaeology does not (normally) study PRESENT day anything. You can't be that stupid. What ? One of your pamphlets tell you that idiocy makes sense ? It doesn't. It's crap.

The (present day) "scriptures" citing places and buildings proves NOTHING. Harry Potter cites London, you dumbshit. There is not reason to accept anything propaganda says without EXTERNAL corroboration. Your BAbble is a pile of lies, and you and eveyone else knows it cannot be trusted.

Whatever your garbage point is you think you are making about why JEDP is falsified, (which YOU claimed and have utterly FAILED to demonstrate) by archaeology by your twisted nonsense, all you're done is make yourself look the fool. JEDP may be "falsifiable". But YOU, nor anyone else has so far, done that.

Thanks for proving you have never even taken Bible 101, and all you do is have your head up your ass with Fundie pamphlets.

Big Grin

OMG. Every time you write something, you make yourself look worse. Can't Jebus find someone who knows something ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-06-2015, 10:28 AM
(17-06-2015 08:50 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If so, you are as nutty as a fruitcake.

Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-06-2015, 03:26 PM
(16-06-2015 08:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You tell us where it was "disproven" and I'll try to figure out what exactly you're asking. Rolleyes

Bucky and Grasshopper are correct. Your argument makes no sense.
17-06-2015, 03:34 PM

You claim scripture is the inspired word of Gawd, right?

Could your Gawd not have "inspired" man to write about the past because "archaeology hadn't been invented?" You are making your Gawd look pretty stupid.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
17-06-2015, 06:22 PM
(17-06-2015 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  OMG. Every time you write something, you make yourself look worse. Can't Jebus find someone who knows something ?

Regular reminder: Q Cunt is Qunt. Ignore. Beat up if seen on playground.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 2 users Like claywise's post
18-06-2015, 08:31 AM
(17-06-2015 08:50 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-06-2015 07:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are a very bright person, so you must have merely forgotten I've cited issues like:

So let me get this straight: If I write a book about, say, Abraham Lincoln, and I get the details right about Civil War Era persons, places, etc. -- that "proves" that I must have written the book in 1865? That seems to be what you are claiming about the documentary hypothesis. If so, you are as nutty as a fruitcake.

You don't get it. You can write a book today getting hundreds of facts about Lincoln from past sources. There was no study of archaeology in the ancient past. Today, archaeology informs us that the Bible got hundreds of the details right about the ancient world and was written contemporaneous to the events cited.

Example, mainline scholars insist that the Tanakh is post-exilic. Then archaeologists find the structures of ancient doors, roofs, window cuttings, etc. that are far older, hundreds or even a thousand years older, and the details in the Bible for narratives that are taken to date to those times are proved right.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
18-06-2015, 08:33 AM
(17-06-2015 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Apparently you are not so "bright". Archaeology DEALS WITH THE PAST. It has discovered all kinds of unknown things about the past. You saying this demonstrates your utter ignorance. Your (supposed) point is utterly ridiculous. Archaeology does not (normally) study PRESENT day anything. You can't be that stupid. What ? One of your pamphlets tell you that idiocy makes sense ? It doesn't. It's crap.

The (present day) "scriptures" citing places and buildings proves NOTHING. Harry Potter cites London, you dumbshit. There is not reason to accept anything propaganda says without EXTERNAL corroboration. Your BAbble is a pile of lies, and you and eveyone else knows it cannot be trusted.

Whatever your garbage point is you think you are making about why JEDP is falsified, (which YOU claimed and have utterly FAILED to demonstrate) by archaeology by your twisted nonsense, all you're done is make yourself look the fool. JEDP may be "falsifiable". But YOU, nor anyone else has so far, done that.

Thanks for proving you have never even taken Bible 101, and all you do is have your head up your ass with Fundie pamphlets.

Big Grin

OMG. Every time you write something, you make yourself look worse. Can't Jebus find someone who knows something ?

Um, what? Yes, archaeology studies the past. The Bible was not written in the present. Yes.

See my other post above. Read it. Reply if you like?

18-06-2015, 08:46 AM
(18-06-2015 08:31 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You don't get it. You can write a book today getting hundreds of facts about Lincoln from past sources. There was no study of archaeology in the ancient past. Today, archaeology informs us that the Bible got hundreds of the details right about the ancient world and was written contemporaneous to the events cited.

Actually archeology has shown the bible got many things wrong. There is no evidence of the exodus. Nothing. This is but one example.

I study Rome. I have been doing so now for 35 years. (Geez I am old). There is a minor detail in the bible that always makes me smile. The Roman soldier giving evidence he left his post when Jesus went missing from the tomb.

Are you aware of the punishment for the desertion of a post by a Roman soldier? Death. And not just any death.

Here is an image.
[Image: tumblr_inline_mr4fuieOKe1qz4rgp.jpg]

It was called fustuarium. A horrible way to die. We know from historic sources that in general, Roman soldiers had little respect for the Jews. So why would this soldier give up his life in this way? For a people he despised? In an outpost that was hated?

It makes no sense. And this is but one example.

As for the bible? It'd be more useful were it to have the recipe for disinfectant. Science discovered that gem. The bible does not even instruct how to raise crops properly or have engineering advice. It has nothing but mythical worthless tales. With a few good lines here and there.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post