Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
I am surprised you did not know Behe, Mark. A true nutter if ever there was one. He is the least obscure as far as I know.

We are talking basically flat earthers here. Q is without doubt totally uneducated in what we, as Australians, would consider a factual education. Everything is based upon fantasy. It is likely he does not believe in dinosaurs either, or believes humans once saddled T rex and rode around the desert on them.

I believe one reason countries such as China and other Asian nations are in the ascendant and America in decline, is a result of these extreme Xian nut jobs destroying the US education system from within. While they destroy the US education system, these other countries base theirs on actual science.

It is very sad to watch and a reason I believe people such as Lawrence Krauss and others are fighting so hard.

As soon as one recognises Q as being a member of the lunatic fringe, one's heart begins to beat more slowly. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-07-2015, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 10:10 PM by Mark Fulton.)
I can imagine Q's Wikipedia page...

" Q Continuum was born on 1/4/1951 to Percy Lacy Continuum and Daisy Lee Smith in Houston, Texas. He and his brother, John boy, and his sister, Sue-Ellen, played leading roles on the set of the Waltons for many years, until it was discovered the local pastor was sodomising the children and the show was shut down.

The young Q was not deterred, and became the first president of The Evangelical Philosophical Society. Additionally he was the founder and first president of the International Society of Christian Apologetics.

In the mid 2010's he discovered the internet, and became a recluse. Shortly afterwards, he was found dead in his office. He had inserted his head into his own rectum, his anal sphincter had gone into spasm, and he had choked himself to death. Police suspected foul play, until some half finished posts to an obscure atheist's forum explaining everything were found on his computer."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-07-2015, 10:26 PM
(10-07-2015 10:04 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I can imagine Q's Wikipedia page...

" Q Continuum was born on 1/4/1951 to Percy Lacy Continuum and Daisy Lee Smith in Houston, Texas. He and his brother, John boy, and his sister, Sue-Ellen, played leading roles on the set of the Waltons for many years, until it was discovered the local pastor was sodomising the children and the show was shut down.

The young Q was not deterred, and became the first president of The Evangelical Philosophical Society. Additionally he was the founder and first president of the International Society of Christian Apologetics.

In the mid 2010's he discovered the internet, and became a recluse. Shortly afterwards, he was found dead in his office. He had inserted his head into his own rectum, his anal sphincter had gone into spasm, and he had choked himself to death. Police suspected foul play, until some half finished posts to an obscure atheist's forum explaining everything were found on his computer."

Oh that is Golden! Big Grin

[Image: Golden-Gate.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-07-2015, 05:28 AM
(10-07-2015 10:04 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I can imagine Q's Wikipedia page...

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

BowingBowingBowingBowing

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
11-07-2015, 05:38 AM
Q did the same thing in the Noah's flood thread, he refused to give a concise date for the flood until about 30 pages in, kept citing how things like ice core data, that totally nuke any world-wide flood possibility, was based on "uniformitarian assumptions" and then provided a link to Walt Brown, a true nutter creationist who's central thesis was easily disproved.

He's all hat and no cattle, his apologism creates only suspicion, he convinces no one, but he does provide an opportunity to show just how bereft of evidence or honesty apologists are.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-07-2015, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 08:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-07-2015 05:38 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Q did the same thing in the Noah's flood thread, he refused to give a concise date for the flood until about 30 pages in, kept citing how things like ice core data, that totally nuke any world-wide flood possibility, was based on "uniformitarian assumptions" and then provided a link to Walt Brown, a true nutter creationist who's central thesis was easily disproved.

He's all hat and no cattle, his apologism creates only suspicion, he convinces no one, but he does provide an opportunity to show just how bereft of evidence or honesty apologists are.

"All hat no cattle" .... Laugh out load

All blow .. no go.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Some actual REAL archaeology.
There is NO actual evidence for the "heroes" ... Abraham, and Moses. None.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2015, 01:29 PM
All,

I'm aware that Dr. Behe has faced "debunking" by secular courts ruling against ID, sure. And? My point still stands. BB and Mark are sharing unoriginal, unorthodox concepts culled from Bible "studies" at secular universities? And? The Bible still stands.

Yes, we don't know a lot about Paul's life? And? The NT isn't Paul's biography. It extols Jesus Christ, and Paul further writes that his own "seminary" learning and etc. are worth little compared to knowing Jesus Christ. I wish you all could agree to this point!

I'm sorry, but despite a few shouted protestations from BB, archaeology has confirmed many (conservative) Bible places, people and dates. You can visit King David's tomb today, where "scholars" said not long ago David was a made-up king. Moses, Phinehas, etc. - some of the Levite names ARE Egyptian names, despite "scholarly" insistence within recent years that they are made up, non-Egyptian names. Etc.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
13-07-2015, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2015 04:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-07-2015 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

I'm aware that Dr. Behe has faced "debunking" by secular courts ruling against ID, sure. And? My point still stands. BB and Mark are sharing unoriginal, unorthodox concepts culled from Bible "studies" at secular universities? And? The Bible still stands.

Yes, we don't know a lot about Paul's life? And? The NT isn't Paul's biography. It extols Jesus Christ, and Paul further writes that his own "seminary" learning and etc. are worth little compared to knowing Jesus Christ. I wish you all could agree to this point!

I'm sorry, but despite a few shouted protestations from BB, archaeology has confirmed many (conservative) Bible places, people and dates. You can visit King David's tomb today, where "scholars" said not long ago David was a made-up king. Moses, Phinehas, etc. - some of the Levite names ARE Egyptian names, despite "scholarly" insistence within recent years that they are made up, non-Egyptian names. Etc.

The Bible remains as a work of ancient Near Eastern literature, but it doesn't "stand" as historical in any way, shape or form. Claiming it does in the face of expert archeological study is a measure of the insanity of Fundies, like Q.

Making claims with no evidence is worthless, Q. Your claims are worthless.
Whether something is unoriginal or unorthodox is irrelevant, (besides the fact that Q has not in any way demonstrated his views ARE orthodox). The only thing that matters is what evidence supports what claims. No evidence supports the literal Fundie reading of the OT. The mention of ancient place names in no way confirms the stories about those places, (such as the entirely debunked story of Jericho).

It's also irrelevant what school teaches what. The ONLY thing that matters is the quality of the scholarship. Nice try Q. Fail again.

Sorry Q.
Your apologetics suck, as well as your knowledge of the Bible and Archaeology.
You can't even BEGIN to address one of the points in the video.

[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2015, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2015 06:01 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(13-07-2015 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

What Bucky said. Read it again.

Your post is a random splattering of ideas, most of which you have already said, and you add nothing worthwhile to our knowledge. Why not give us a link to King David's tomb?

Your dismissal of so called "unorthodox" concepts is plain wrong. Your ideas, not Bucky's, are out of sync with the vast majority of biblical scholars.

As has been pointed out to you numerous times, it is the truth of ideas that is the important thing, not whether they are "original."

What is more, people here do have many original ideas. I, for example, after five years of studying the origins of the Bible, came to my own conclusion that the gospels were probably a Roman government production. That's a big idea. It was only after I explored it on the Internet that I found that some other authors around the world had come to the same conclusion. I also have published some somewhat original ideas on Paul's mental status, as I have 20 years experience treating people with mental disorders.

You keep stating how much you value originality. Please share with us some of your own original ideas. I haven't heard any yet. Oh wait. Yes I have. You think that I think Jesus was a Roman. That's original. Even I didn't know that I thought that. Shame that it's total bullshit.

You write

"and Paul further writes that his own "seminary" learning and etc. are worth little compared to knowing Jesus Christ."

Mmmmm. Paul wrote

“I am astonished at the promptness with which you have turned away from the one who called you and have decided to follow a different version of the Good News. Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some trouble makers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one that we have already preached to you, whether it be ourselves or an angel from heaven, he is condemned” (Gal. 1:6–9, NJB.)

Paul sounds like an upset child whose best friend has gone off to play with someone else. It is ironic that he was accusing his adversaries of the very thing he was guilty of - preaching a fabrication! It sounds to me as though Paul was adamant that he was the only one who knew the way things were. Not Jeebus. Not even a message from "Christ." Not James, Jude (brothers) Peter (best mate) or Mary (girlfriend) or Mary (mum.) Just Paul. And Paul's fictional son of God, the Christ.

You clearly have a poor understanding of who Paul was and what he knew. Don't you find it rather ironic that Paul, the founder of Christian theology, did not "know Jesus Christ?" He never met Jesus (Jesus was dead), never documented anything Jesus said or did (with one possible short exception which was probably an interpolation) and Paul was obviously not interested in associating with Jesus' mother, brother or disciples.

Think about it. The reason is obvious. When Paul wrote (50's and early 60's) the gospels hadn't been written yet... so your Jeebus (of the gospels) hadn't been invented yet. Paul had never heard of the Jeebus you think you know... Paul was writing about someone else... his fictional "Christ"... a ghost.

Has the penny dropped for you yet? If not, go back and read the last few paragraphs slowly again. Remember, you are on the thinking atheist's forum.
[+] 5 users Like Mark Fulton's post