Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 05:13 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(17-07-2015 10:04 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Mark,

I spend an inordinate amount of time (gently or trying to do so gently) refuting Mormons, JW's, Catholics, etc. regarding their misuse, misunderstanding and misinterpretation of scripture. At least they are trying to be in God's will somehow and at least they believe (if not fervently) the scripture is true--that is, we actually TALK about scriptural concepts even if they disagree with me 100%. I don't see an overwhelming need to discuss tons of scripture with you that you are wresting wholly out of context and logic. And yes, I'll play the context card many times because it's important. An airline's jet is not very wieldy on the ground, in the context of the air it works modern wonders.

Slow down your stream-of-consciousness rebellion against God and His chosen, Paul. Pick one or two ideas, and one or two verses to interpret. Then we can discuss them or I can (attempt to) correct you if I can, and indeed and of course, if you need correction. But it's near-useless posting dozens of ideas across five posts every time to me, as millions of people receive Paul, like I do, as someone sincere and very learned in the OT, its interpretation and theology. A formerly aggressive person who became extremely gentle to others and saw thousands of people trust Jesus.

I feel like a hog or troll as it is because I try to reply to most everyone on these threads, forcing me at times to do five or six posts at once. I will not reply to you if you just spew out rhetoric not wishing to be debated--I will reply if you limit your rhetoric to one or two ideas you'd like me to consider.

Thanks for your consideration. Like Jesus, I often feel a few pithy statements are more insightful than "Here's everything I can think of that shows over and over again my mom and dad and Q and every person who loves Jesus is totally deceived!" That won't play well in public or on a forum IMHO.

Thanks!

"I'll play the context card many times..."

Q claims that it is unfair to criticize the Bible out of "context.” Yet could there possibly be any acceptable context when the bible claims it is justifiable to smash babies onto rocks, rape children, disembowel pregnant women, sell slaves like cattle, kill people for sexual indiscretions, or commit genocide? These are horrible acts and no humans should ever get away with such behavior. Not at any time or under any circumstances. Nor should anyone who tries to reinterpret blatantly immoral teachings like these be allowed any credibility. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27pDmWOO7...re=related )

There has never been anything new in the Bible. No science. No unique knowledge. No advances in navigation, astronomy or medicine. The Hebrews lived no better or longer than Greeks, Romans, Egyptians or Persians. The Hebrews were not known as great philosophers, or healers, or lawmakers, or even as especially kind people. What they were good at was spreading bullshit from Scripture, controlling gullible people, and deriving an income from it.

Babble on using hermeneutics as much as you want Q, but you're not going to convince anyone here. We've heard it all before, and we can read the shit for ourselves.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
18-07-2015, 12:32 AM
(17-07-2015 08:51 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 07:08 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

This guy is just an insufferable egotistical prick, he's got it all figured out, he knows what the Truth is and no one else does except him. How very Paulistinian of him, too bad he doesn't care about reality, he thinks gawd has guided his greatness to this forum to educate us.

Empty vessels make the most sound.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
18-07-2015, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 05:09 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(17-07-2015 08:51 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 07:08 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

This guy is just an insufferable egotistical prick, he's got it all figured out, he knows what the Truth is and no one else does except him. How very Paulistinian of him, too bad he doesn't care about reality, he thinks gawd has guided his greatness to this forum to educate us.

Yes...and it rarely stops at just a discussion about old books...

Priests, pastors, and other preachers, claiming to orate with God’s authority, often assume they are the arbiters of people’s lives. For no rational reason, but just tradition, people in Churches accept their authority. These Church leaders take on the role of life coaches, and they are usually gratified by the status that gives them. They are often egotists who revel in being admired and listened to, and are out to feather their own nests rather than really help people. Their first focus is usually not on furnishing happiness for others, but on procuring power, adulation and cash. They have bought into the Christian franchise, and that means they need to push a dubious product, the Bible, for their own and maybe their institution’s gain. The Bible is full of faults and nonsense, but it is too risky for them to preach too much that is novel. Most of the Bible can be ignored and all of it can be interpreted, so they make the most of the cards they have been dealt.

Many preachers are poorly qualified for the job of a “life coach.” Bible school, or whatever its equivalent may be, is hardly a solid platform from which to preach morality, ethics and coping skills. One could hardly start from a more unsound base. There is usually no knowledge of psychology, medicine, or counseling required to be a preacher. A few unsatisfied punters in a congregation may leave, but for the preacher it is the money coming in that is the most important thing.

The typical Church service has a
“the answers everyone needs are right here”
perspective. This is a rigid, flawed approach, because it is a one- way dialogue that ignores a person’s individuality. When someone needs general advice or has personal problems, a good counselor must first listen and ask questions before suggesting possible solutions. That rarely happens in a Church.

There is no worthwhile advice a “man of God” can offer people that cannot be better given by an experienced, appropriately trained humanitarian. What is more, the advice given by preachers is often profoundly wrong. Almost invariably they suggest to pray, or to read the Bible, or to suppress worldly aspirations, or to take a long-term view, or to just hope. Some of them quote Jesus.

“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask what you will and you will get it.” (John 15:7, NJB.)

“Happy you who weep now; you shall laugh” (Luke 6:21, NJB.)

“Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven...” (Matt. 5:12, NJB.)

This is not helpful advice, it is oppression! Preachers use Jesus’ words to focus on the promise of eternal salvation, a pot of gold at the end of life’s rainbow, granted only to those special people who have faith. It is easy, if you are a preacher, to make promises you are never obliged to make come true.

From a preacher’s perspective, those people who do not buy the faith spiel are trouble causers and not real Christians - it is probably best they go somewhere else.

Some of these preachers are hypocrites. The vaunted love said to be a Christian characteristic is often not a part of their repertoire when people are in real trouble.

Some preachers even advise avoidance of help from the secular world, which derails the pursuit of pragmatic answers. They are worried about outsiders treading on their turf, because it may make their advice look ordinary.

Preachers often portray themselves as warm, caring people, and some of them are. Yet beneath the facade most Church leaders hope that people behave like sheep. Sheep are subservient, easily scared, do not ask questions, do not think for themselves and are easily fleeced. Churchmen profit most from wooing a congregation. The return is much higher than from counseling or otherwise helping individuals. They get the people groveling at the mute Jesus’ feet. Yet Jesus is just a priest’s sock puppet, so people are really bowing down to the priest, or the institution he represents. The master’s cold eyes stare down from the crucifix. The flock fails to figure out there is no point in pretending Jesus is their pal. A real friend talks, but Jesus has not uttered a word for nearly two thousand years. He cannot tell the people to stop wasting their time and being so servile, because he is dead.

Genuinely caring preachers often do not have the tools in their armory to help people in need, which must be a source of frustration for them. Their obsolete book is of no real help.

Sitting in a church, or asking for help from a preacher like Q, or praying to Jesus, are usually surefire ways to not find real solutions to personal problems.
[+] 5 users Like Mark Fulton's post
18-07-2015, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2015 03:10 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(17-07-2015 09:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's actually an important line in Paul, revealing his insanity. He's quoting Jeremiah and says it refers to himself because he was nuts. Paul changed from being a self-righteous Jew to an Apostle, because he was an insane megalomaniac, and he found a better way to express it. He invokes Jeremiah, ABOUT HIMSELF, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you". (Jeremiah 1:5, Isaiah 49:1).
"However when God who designated me before I was born, and commissioned me through his grace ..." Gal 1: 11-17.

LOL

Ah, I see what The Inquisition might have been referring to now. Jesus is eternal and existed before His incarnation in flesh. God foreknew that Paul would trust Jesus and preach... thanks for your post.

"Jesus is eternal and existed before His incarnation in flesh."

Well that makes sense. No

That would be why God, in the Old Testament, is always rabbiting on about his son, Jeebus...
"Oi...Abraham...my boy got an A for maths!"
"hey Moses, Jesus is the captain of the soccer team!"

It would also be why the holy ghost had to fuck Mary to create Jeebus. Tongue
18-07-2015, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 09:27 PM by Mark Fulton.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMKHbgghVus Smartass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvrfUXR10ig
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
18-07-2015, 11:06 PM
(17-07-2015 09:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  "Jesus is eternal and existed before His incarnation in flesh. God foreknew that Paul would trust Jesus and preach..."

Oh. Because you say so ?
Did Michael Fucktard Behe tell you that ?
The cat in the hat also existed eternally.
(There is as much evidence for that as there is for your tall tale).

Actually you betray your ignorance of the gospels Queue.
ONLY in John was he thought to preexist. Each of the gospels portrays the divine nature differently, (which of course you wouldn't know since you never took NT from a real scholar, and are basically incompetent to even being to discuss ancient Near Eastern literature. .)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-07-2015, 11:28 PM
Mark - Haha! I love "Where is Q"...

"Damnit, Isaac's mom!"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-07-2015, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2015 06:11 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(18-07-2015 11:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 09:56 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  "Jesus is eternal and existed before His incarnation in flesh. God foreknew that Paul would trust Jesus and preach..."

Oh. Because you say so ?

ONLY in John was he thought to preexist. Each of the gospels portrays the divine nature differently, (which of course you wouldn't know since you never took NT from a real scholar, and are basically incompetent to even being to discuss ancient Near Eastern literature. .)

"The cat in the hat also existed eternally."

I'm the Q, and this is right. A very important theological point. Some naughty immoral children would say there was a time when the cat was not. Gasp The evidence against this is in "Green eggs and ham," which is the definitive word of Dr Seuss, yet there are some children today who just don't get it. Dr Seuss has chosen me Big Grin to gently explain this to all who don't believe, but it's a big job...and I'm so tired...I can only get here every few days...I can't understand why there is still disagreement amongst some grade one'ers ...the feline controversy. Pfff...

There are still (can you believe it?) some (heretical) (and naughty) suggestions that there was "a time when the cat was not." I've been told (by Bucky, that clever little smart arse heathen) that "Yertle the turtle," "Fox in Sox" and "Hop on Pop," which all contain the words of Dr Seuss, don't mention the pre-existence of the cat, yet I've decided these were obviously written when the good doctor was having a bad hair day. "Green eggs and ham" is the most authoritative text, because I said so, and I will correct false spiritual concepts and rhetoric (anyone who disagrees with me.) This must be accepted by all children who want to graduate to grade 2.
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
19-07-2015, 06:15 AM
(19-07-2015 12:29 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 11:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh. Because you say so ?

"The cat in the hat also existed eternally."

I'm the Q, and you are right. This is a very important theological point. Some naughty immoral children would say there was a time when the cat was not. Gasp The evidence against this is in "Green eggs and ham," which is the definitive word of Dr Seuss, yet there are some children today who just don't get it. Dr Seuss has chosen me Big Grin to gently explain this to all who don't believe, but it's a big job...and I'm so tired...I can't understand why there is still disagreement amongst some grade one'ers ...the feline controversy. Pfff...

There are still (can you believe it?) some (heretical) (and naughty) suggestions that there was a time when the cat was not. I've been told (by Bucky, that clever little smart arse heathen) that "Yertle the turtle," "Fox in Sox" and "Hop on Pop," which all contain the words of Dr Seuss, don't mention the pre-existence of the cat, yet I've decided these were obviously written when the good doctor was having a bad hair day. "Green eggs and ham" is the most authoritative text, because I said so, and I will correct false spiritual concepts and rhetoric (anyone who disagrees with me.) This must be accepted by all children who want to graduate to grade 2.

Laugh out load

Oh I love the artful usage of sarcasm and wit in the destruction of religious belief. Altho MY BELIEF is the worship and study of Goldilocks....

Goldilocks 3:14 Thou shalt not sleep in other people's beds.

Clearly only true believers understand this means do not mess with other people's sheep. Yes

Consider

altho another current and rising belief is in the prophesy of the little ol woman who lived in a shoe...

Little ol woman who lived in a shoe 12:37 Thou shalt not have more children than one can feed.

And look at the world today.....hungry children everywhere, this is proof of its divine message from the little ol woman....she is the creator of all life *beams*

Smartass

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
19-07-2015, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2015 08:31 PM by Mark Fulton.)
Hi...Mr average here. I luv merica.

So... Dr Seuss, Goldilocks and the three bears, the old woman who lived in a shoe, and the bible. WTF?

I know I'm not real bright. One of dem is da real truth, the answer, so I really need to know, for sure, which one. I'm gonna base all I do, and think, on one of these. I need something DEFINITIVE, to be told by SOMEONE ELSE, the way things really are.

There's too many smart people round here trying to confuse me with IDEAS. I fuckin' hate 'em. I want answers...NOW. Goddam fangled intermet.

Who da fuck should I believe? I don't like my life. I wanna go somewhere NICE when I die. I wanna eat burgers, and icecream, watch TV and go to the movies. I want cigarettes. And sugar. And Jeeesssus. Lots of him. With fries. Every day. Yeah...that's what I want.

Fuck goldilocks, fuck da cat, and fuck the shoe woman. I want a chocolate Jeebus on a stick. And a smoke and a burger. And some nice people singing and clapping hands. And a gun, and my TV. Fuck you atheists.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post