Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(25-07-2015 07:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Actually I have only one ball, since I had testicular cancer in 2008. But thanks for that.
Now you make me feel bad. I am sorry.
(25-07-2015 07:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Two, it was a STORY to ILLUSTRATE the problem with your God=Justice trope. If Ted Cruz told Hillary Clinton to suck his dick, yes, he'd be a sexist. But I did not tell *you* to suck my dick, just as I did not point a gun at you; the person in the story told the victim in the story to do it.
You are either not very bright or you are being deliberately dishonest in an attempt to slander me.
I choose: I am not very bright.
(25-07-2015 07:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Incidentally, when I saw your post, I wrote it on the assumption that you're a male. (I took Alla to mean Allah, and it seemed like the sort of name a young male Muslim would pick.)
Alla is typical Russian or Ukrainian name.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2015, 07:47 PM
(25-07-2015 07:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 07:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Actually I have only one ball, since I had testicular cancer in 2008. But thanks for that.
Now you make me feel bad. I am sorry.
(25-07-2015 07:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Two, it was a STORY to ILLUSTRATE the problem with your God=Justice trope. If Ted Cruz told Hillary Clinton to suck his dick, yes, he'd be a sexist. But I did not tell *you* to suck my dick, just as I did not point a gun at you; the person in the story told the victim in the story to do it.
You are either not very bright or you are being deliberately dishonest in an attempt to slander me.
I choose: I am not very bright.
(25-07-2015 07:34 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Incidentally, when I saw your post, I wrote it on the assumption that you're a male. (I took Alla to mean Allah, and it seemed like the sort of name a young male Muslim would pick.)
Alla is typical Russian or Ukrainian name.

Does Ukrainian god have dick and balls ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-07-2015, 07:51 PM
(25-07-2015 07:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  Alla is typical Russian or Ukrainian name.

Neat! I learn something new every day.

I briefly went out with a Bosnian Muslim studying at my college, when I was in my early 20s, named Alma (which apparently meant "apple", in their language). I've always liked that name.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-07-2015, 07:53 PM
(25-07-2015 04:20 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Alla - I declare that unless you willingly suck my dick, you must bear the death penalty. I am powerful because I have a gun. I am merciful because I give you the option to suck my dick in order to live.
You don't want to suck my dick, you say? *POW!* JUSTICE!
When the Almighty Being sets up the preconditions for the death penalty (what you call sin), and then offers a "way out of it", any way out of it, preconditioned on acceptance of its will, then it is the moral equivalent of a rapist and a murderer.
OK, I have no evidence that you are sexist. Would you accept my apology?
Now I will respond to your argument.
RocketSurgeon76, I give you knowledge that if you willingly take heroin you will destroy/kill yourself.
Or if you lie and steal you destroy yourself. You become dishonest person.
What God of Israel says is this: the best thing that can happen to you is to become like Me. There is only one way to become like me - to do what I do. My laws are instruction of what I do.
If I follow instruction of God "not to lie" I become honest like God.
If I choose do not follow this instruction I become a liar. How can I be like God if I am liar? Do you know? I don't.

25-07-2015, 07:58 PM
(25-07-2015 07:51 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 07:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  Alla is typical Russian or Ukrainian name.

Neat! I learn something new every day.

I briefly went out with a Bosnian Muslim studying at my college, when I was in my early 20s, named Alma (which apparently meant "apple", in their language). I've always liked that name.
Name Alla has no meaning in Russian or Ukrainian.
Alma is Latin female name.
Alma is also Jewish male name

25-07-2015, 08:03 PM
I need to pee.

#sigh
25-07-2015, 08:05 PM
(25-07-2015 08:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I need to pee.
Why do we have to know this?

25-07-2015, 08:14 PM
(25-07-2015 08:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 08:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I need to pee.
Why do we have to know this?
I have now peed.

#sigh
25-07-2015, 08:15 PM
(25-07-2015 08:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 08:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why do we have to know this?
I have now peed.

[Image: h7swe.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
25-07-2015, 08:19 PM
The problem with that argument, Alla, is that all those things you speak of are "morals" we can discover by other means, and are intrinsic to human nature as a social animal. I recommend, if you are not yet familiar with them, that you look at the Secular Humanist declarations of atheistic values and morals:

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php/1169

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php/11

(These do not say that they are principles one must adopt in order to be an atheist, they are "atheistic" in the sense that they require no god, and godless people may embrace them as a moral philosophy, as I do.)

It is perfectly acceptable to have a religion that says, "If you wish to become more like God, and lead a happier life as a result, do the following things." (That is, of course, assuming you do not worship a God that is immoral by human standards, and wishes His devotees to do horrible things, which we often see in religion--particularly in the Judeo-Christian and Muslim faith traditions, and therefore we tend to oppose, as rationalists in the post-Enlightenment era.)

But when you say, "I give you knowledge", you're talking about instilling it directly into my mind, clear and unequivocal.

What if, instead, you simply handed me a book--one that was demonstratably full of pseudo- and anti-scientific nonsense and clear bigotry--which said something like "Heroin is a Chinese attempt to take over America, as well as an addictive drug, so if you want to be a good American, you should avoid it. Oh and if you don't, then the Council of True Americans will come kill you one day."

Even though the book contains one piece of true information, that heroin is an addictive drug, I'm likely to throw the whole thing in the trash bin because it is transparently not a good source of information. Or, if the Council of True Americans' philosophy becomes widespread enough, I might look more closely into it. When doing so, I find that 1) The Chinese do not seem to be doing anything to us except existing as economic rivals who look different than us, and (indeed there's a real history of racist rhetoric in the Drug War in America, not only in this example), but they are being scapegoated yet again as a way to "wag the dog" for those in power, 2) heroin is not nearly as harmful or addictive as claimed, and no worse than other drugs which are legal under CoTA-pushed laws, and 3) everything else I find in the pamphlet, now that I have looked into it, is either self-contradictory or outright bogus.

What then should I conclude about the use of information gained from that booklet? What then should I conclude about its authors, next time they come try to talk to me about their philosophies?

See, when you speak about "God" and "what God wants", you're actually talking about relying upon Holy Books™ which describe those concepts, and those are things we can investigate and learn about. Turns out, when we do investigate the holy books, they are deeply problematic except in the eyes of people who choose to close their eyes to the problems... that's why we have True Believers™ who will, with heartfelt zealous adherence, sit right here on our forum and tell us that:

Jehovah's Witnesses are correct, all the others are wrong.
Judaism is correct, all the others are wrong.
Mormonism is correct, all the others are wrong.
Islam is correct, all the others are wrong.
Christianity is correct, all the others are wrong. ("And the Catholics are not Christian!", some of them say.)

And those are *only* the ones based on that particular book, the Torah, as their source of origin (with local flavorings along the way as the original evolved into its daughter-religions, of course). I could list True Religions™ here for pages!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post