Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(28-07-2015 05:10 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 10:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree that thinking people believe things because they had evidence. But thinking people also can believe those whom they trust.

Are you aware that people lie? More specifically, Joseph Smith was a pathological liar.

There's a reason why he was shot dead.

And there's a reason why the religious fanatics that followed him have no problems lying to people.

If you ever want to have righteous anger about being lied to, you would be justified in this case.Thumbsup

Which is why I personally feel fortunate that you've never lied to me on this forum, BB. Mark is very passionate. Whiskey is very learned. We both know YOU are very HONEST with me and with yourself and with G_d.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2015, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 01:51 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-07-2015 01:09 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Good point--Christians are welcomed to come here and listen to "@#@$ YOU!Atheists are correct, all the others are wrong."

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Girly ain't got no grievance with Christians fool, Girly takes issue with idiots, and you're a fucking idiot.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-07-2015, 01:38 PM
(28-07-2015 01:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 05:10 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Are you aware that people lie? More specifically, Joseph Smith was a pathological liar.

There's a reason why he was shot dead.

And there's a reason why the religious fanatics that followed him have no problems lying to people.

If you ever want to have righteous anger about being lied to, you would be justified in this case.Thumbsup

Which is why I personally feel fortunate that you've never lied to me on this forum, BB. Mark is very passionate. Whiskey is very learned. We both know YOU are very HONEST with me and with yourself and with G_d.

I am honest with myself ... which is why I don't lie to myself about any of the gods. Can't be either honest or dishonest towards nonexist myths.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-07-2015, 01:49 PM
(27-07-2015 11:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 10:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree that thinking people believe things because they had evidence. But thinking people also can believe those whom they trust.

Trusting someone does not magically make a false belief accurate.
True, very true. But my point is this: thinking people may trust someone who is wrong or lie. They are still thinking people.
(27-07-2015 11:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  There is no evidence for the hypothesis that the ancient Israelites moved to America and thus holding that view is irrational and can not be supported no matter how gullible you are towards what you are told by people you trust.
Are you sure? Are you very, very sure?

(27-07-2015 11:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The fact that you trust them does not make them any less wrong.
True. I can trust them who are very wrong and still be thinking person in general. Thinking person is not all- knowing person.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-07-2015, 01:51 PM
(28-07-2015 01:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I am honest with myself ... which is why I don't lie to myself about any of the gods. Can't be either honest or dishonest towards nonexist myths.
My respect.Thumbsup

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-07-2015, 02:05 PM
(28-07-2015 01:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  Are you sure? Are you very, very sure?

Yes we are. If you have some evidence for it, let's see it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-07-2015, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 02:16 PM by TheInquisition.)
(28-07-2015 02:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Yes we are. If you have some evidence for it, let's see it.

Popcorn

This should be epically tragic, misguided, or probably ignored, but it could be some funny shit!

Go ahead Alla, let's see this evidence you have of ancient Jewish civilization flourishing in northern America.

This is in New Jersey, it looks pretty old:

[Image: carnegie-deli-new-york-restaurant_2.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
28-07-2015, 02:27 PM
(28-07-2015 02:11 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 02:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes we are. If you have some evidence for it, let's see it.

Popcorn

This should be epically tragic, misguided, or probably ignored, but it could be some funny shit!

Go ahead Alla, let's see this evidence you have of ancient Jewish civilization flourishing in northern America.

This is in New Jersey, it looks pretty old:

[Image: carnegie-deli-new-york-restaurant_2.jpg]

Touche Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-07-2015, 05:24 PM
(28-07-2015 01:11 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  How very Western of you! Paul presented evidence in the form of fulfilled Tanakh prophecy.
Prophecy is fictional Q, fiction is not a form of evidence. Grow up. What part of "demonstrable, testable, and rational" did you not understand? Even if that was true (and it's not you can ask any Jew alive ever) the fact that Pauls work of fiction agrees with another work of fiction is not impressive. The Old Testament is almost entirely fictional with no resemblance to actual history.
You argument for it not being fictional is because of how much it agrees with a work of known fiction. Impressive.

(28-07-2015 01:11 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are judging Jewish methods of approaching and interpreting the Word of God by using scientism. How very un-Jewish.
I'm not terribly interested in how a bunch of largely illiterate, stone age idiots with next to no education of any worth who happened to believe a fictional tale chose to interpret their fictional tale.
I'm also not interested in the nuances of debate among Harry Potter fan fiction writers.

(28-07-2015 01:11 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Then again, in Paul's day, Paul saying Jesus had risen from the dead could have been investigated and found wanting. Of course, it wasn't and Christianity exploded--getting bigger and bigger until--it--almost--reached--the members of TTA.
Did you confuse this with an argument? Paul presents exactly zero testable, demonstrable, and falsifiable evidence to back up his dumb ass claims and without evidence they can be safely, rationally, honestly discarded.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-07-2015, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2015 08:40 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(28-07-2015 01:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  True, very true. But my point is this: thinking people may trust someone who is wrong or lie. They are still thinking people.
You are "thinking people" in that you're not brain dead and are capable of thought but that's in no way what is meant by "thinking people" in this context. Accepting what people tell you no matter how obviously, how painfully obvious, it is that they are either insane or lying just simply because you trust this person is giving up your ability to think and reason for yourself.

It's not even a debate. I hate to burst your bubble but there is no debate going on on if it's a possibility. Genetics has proven that the Native Americans are not of Jewish decent, there is no recorded migration by Jews to America at the time given in your story book nor is there any record of a migration of Jews at the time through ANY of the countries recorded by those countries. There is also ZERO archaeological evidence of Jewish cultures, buildings, tools, artifacts, ships, or anything of the sort. i could go on..at great length.
There is zero evidence to support your hypothesis, it's a fictional story.

(28-07-2015 01:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  True. I can trust them who are very wrong and still be thinking person in general. Thinking person is not all- knowing person.
When you accept an other persons lies or delusions because you trust them and they said so you are not counted among the thinking people in the context of what he said. When you give up your critical thinking on a subject because someone told you so your not a "thinking person".
You need to understand the context of what he said.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post