Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
Hey Q,

I'm still waiting for your response to post 566. I put it there just for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 02:57 AM
(29-07-2015 07:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 03:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I got about halfway thru the video before my brain hurt too much from the stupidity. It was the typical stupid atheist argument, "God's values are not my values therefore God doesn't exist".

God's values are my values and therefore God does exist in me and I AM God. And you're a fucking idiot.

I see you stopped taking your nootropics.
Find all posts by this user
30-07-2015, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 01:21 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(30-07-2015 02:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 07:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  God's values are my values and therefore God does exist in me and I AM God. And you're a fucking idiot.

I see you stopped taking your nootropics.

yet he's still 10x smarter than you
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
30-07-2015, 06:00 AM
(30-07-2015 02:35 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Q, I'm still waiting for your response to post 566. I put it there just for you.

Ditto my post #601. I was trusting Q to get around to it but maybe that trust was misplaced and I should have been trusting his god to make him get around to it - or perhaps trusting his god to brush Q aside and just answer it directly - but so far it appears that trust may have been a folly Ohmy
30-07-2015, 10:10 AM
(29-07-2015 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Source: Wikipedia

1. Scientism may refer to science applied "in excess".

2. To indicate the improper usage of science or scientific claims.

3. To refer to "the belief that the methods of natural science, or the categories and things recognized in natural science, form the only proper elements in any philosophical or other inquiry...

What is your interpretation of how you are not in extremis (pun intended) with science per the above?

"May" / "improper" ...
You have demonstrated neither.

I have demonstrated you were unfamiliar with the definition of the term.

PS. Are you saying # 3 is true or untrue?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
30-07-2015, 10:12 AM
(30-07-2015 12:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 08:09 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, isn't it unusual how Paul and other Bible writers make statements like "In the beginning, God made the heavens and the Earth" without any disclaimer, introduction, tee-up, etc.?

Of course, all you need to do is take that one word out that is making you unhappy, God, and you have "In the beginning, the universe was made." Everything I know about current, modern, scientific cosmology (and logic!) denies steady state and infinite universe ideas and instead claims that our energy and matter came from outside time and space, from a region where there was no space. Nothing, than something.

Sorry to drift off there, but you were saying something about the Bible claims being untestable?

General relativity, the 2nd law of you-know-what, the rapidly expanding universe, background cosmic radiation, etc. prove the universe had a finite, not infinite or eternal, start.

No it does not "prove" anything. There is nothing about it that negates an infinite series of bangs and rebangs.

Your physics is not on a par with your JDEP knowledge, BB, if you are unaware that laws of entropy and conversation of energy (as well as time) negate your concept.

Today is today--we therefore cannot go back to an infinite past amount of days, only a finite amount.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infinite

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
30-07-2015, 10:14 AM
(30-07-2015 02:35 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Q,

I'm still waiting for your response to post 566. I put it there just for you.

"Only assaults like those you are making that out of context, sound unlike modern "wisdom", but which in context, show the folly of rejecting God and the wisdom of trusting God!...Pick one or two of your assaults only if you want to discuss them...."

Quote:Ok. Let's start with the Old Testament...sorry I've got a few more than "one or two".

I've asked multiple times for you to debate me rather than bomb me with ideas, concept and syllogisms. I don't have time to falsify 18 ideas every time you post, therefore I (am continuing to) ignore post 566.

30-07-2015, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 03:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-07-2015 10:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 12:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No it does not "prove" anything. There is nothing about it that negates an infinite series of bangs and rebangs.

Your physics is not on a par with your JDEP knowledge, BB, if you are unaware that laws of entropy and conversation of energy (as well as time) negate your concept.

Today is today--we therefore cannot go back to an infinite past amount of days, only a finite amount.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infinite

You can take that up with Roger Penrose, (Steven Hawking's friend), it's his idea.
The dimensions that "froze out" as this universe coalesced are applicable ONLY to this universe, until we know better, FROM EVIDENCE, as well as any terms and concepts applicable to those dimensions. ANY term (such as "creation") that references a concept which requires time is therefore excluded from consideration, until the data supports it.

On the contrary, Q, it is you that lacks any understanding of the matter at hand.

Obviously.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-07-2015, 10:19 AM
(30-07-2015 06:00 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 02:35 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Q, I'm still waiting for your response to post 566. I put it there just for you.

Ditto my post #601. I was trusting Q to get around to it but maybe that trust was misplaced and I should have been trusting his god to make him get around to it - or perhaps trusting his god to brush Q aside and just answer it directly - but so far it appears that trust may have been a folly Ohmy

Well, it’s nice to be popular. I’m the leading “troll” here, aren’t I? Usually, I ignore trolls on other boards… sorry I missed this post earlier from you!
Quote:I. Many reject not just god and gods but the very concept. If this is "folly" then deleterious consequences result (otherwise the "folly" is innocuous and not "folly").
A. List and describe the deleterious consequences.
B. Which of the above specified consequences could also happen to a believer?

1. Loneliness in trials—everyone has trials and tribulations, we can have them with God or on our own.

2. Hell

3. Those two alone alarm me!

Quote:II. Re: the "wisdom" of trusting god:

A. To do what, specifically?

B. Are there occasions where it is best to trust some agency other than a god to produce the desired outcome (e.g. trust a doctor instead of a god to remedy a serious medical malady)?

C. If there are occasions per B, how does one determine what occasions are best left to a god to handle? Would it be "folly" in a situation where there is not yet an effective non-godly agency to develop a non-godly agency (e.g. develop medical science instead of "wisely" trust a god)?

A. To get saved.

B. Of course, I’m not a Christian scientist. God made natural law and human brains. Doctors be goodness and stuffs! I remember a Christian asking another, “Aren’t chiropractors new age practitioners?” The reply, “You mean having my spine returned to its place when it’s out of place?!”

C. I pray to go to the right doctor, if that makes sense. God NEVER asks us to abandon reason or hope. Those two, reason and hope, are meant to unify and harmonize!

Thanks.

30-07-2015, 10:22 AM
(30-07-2015 10:10 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 07:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "May" / "improper" ...
You have demonstrated neither.

I have demonstrated you were unfamiliar with the definition of the term.

PS. Are you saying # 3 is true or untrue?

You demonstrated no such thing. I asked for an explanation for your reasoning supporting the proper and timly application of those pejorative terms, and the standards you Fundie idiots use to apply them. Obviously you have none, and just think you're "superior" tossing them around in your hostility.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.