Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(30-07-2015 10:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Those two, reason and hope, are meant to unify and harmonize!

Thank you for your candor, Q. I was just sitting down to respond but I've been abruptly called out the door so will respond later today (hopefully). And I will attempt to respond without snark, as your sentiments above are obviously genuine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2015, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 01:43 PM by Alla.)
(28-07-2015 05:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Genetics has proven that the Native Americans are not of Jewish decent,
Scriptures do not teach that Native Americans are of Jewish decent.
Scriptures do not teach that people of the Book of Mormon are Jewish.
(28-07-2015 05:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  there is no recorded migration by Jews to America at the time given in your story book nor is there any record of a migration of Jews at the time through ANY of the countries recorded by those countries.
I do not care for 2 reasons:
1)Book of Mormon does not testify that Jewish people migrated to Americas
2)If there is no another record it is because humans do not know everything about ancient past.
(28-07-2015 05:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  There is also ZERO archaeological evidence of Jewish cultures, buildings, tools, artifacts, ships, or anything of the sort. i could go on..at great length.
There is zero evidence to support your hypothesis, it's a fictional story.
Book of Mormon is not coming from Jewish people. Bible is coming from Jewish people.
If there is ZERO archeological evidence it is because
1)we didn't find them
2)we do not know what to look for. We do not know language of the people of Book of Mormon. Even if we find evidence how will we recognize it?

(28-07-2015 05:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(28-07-2015 01:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  True. I can trust them who are very wrong and still be thinking person in general. Thinking person is not all- knowing person.
When you accept an other persons lies or delusions because you trust them and they said so you are not counted among the thinking people in the context of what he said.
But if I do not know that I accept lies or their delusions I still can be counted among thinking people. Even thinking people can be fooled. Thinking people are not all-knowing people.

(28-07-2015 05:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  When you give up your critical thinking on a subject because someone told you so your not a "thinking person".
You need to understand the context of what he said.
But if what they say makes sense to me and I trust them I am thinking person.
If what they say didn't make any sense to me and I decided to trust them any way then I can not be counted among thinking people.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
30-07-2015, 01:40 PM
(30-07-2015 10:14 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 02:35 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Q,

I'm still waiting for your response to post 566. I put it there just for you.

"Only assaults like those you are making that out of context, sound unlike modern "wisdom", but which in context, show the folly of rejecting God and the wisdom of trusting God!...Pick one or two of your assaults only if you want to discuss them...."

Quote:Ok. Let's start with the Old Testament...sorry I've got a few more than "one or two".

I've asked multiple times for you to debate me rather than bomb me with ideas, concept and syllogisms. I don't have time to falsify 18 ideas every time you post, therefore I (am continuing to) ignore post 566.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVNhVFNWtFc
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Q, you also ignored post 573. Here it is to remind you...

"Q, you wrote

"Understand that almost zero of Paul's ideas are anything but exposition of OT scriptures and prophecy."

I agree that Paul sources many concepts from the OT! Although I would add that Paul mixed in bits of Mithraism and other ideas sourced from his imagination. And I'm not sure that he gets his Christ from the OT either.

Now...this places the ball in your court. Please explain why Paul never mentions Jesus' miracles, sayings or parables. Why does Paul never document what Jesus said or did? Why does Paul barely talk about James, the brother of the son of God, Peter, one of Jesus' best mates, and never talks about Mary, the mother of the son of God? Why was Paul so obsessed with the (now so-called) Old Testament when your Jeebus' family and friends were still alive and living in Jerusalem?

The answer, of course, is that your Jeebus is a comic book character who hadn't been created (in the gospels) yet, ie at the time Paul wrote. The major players in the gospels had no idea there were going to play starring roles in the greatest works of fiction in the world (the gospels,) and neither did Paul, and this is made very apparent when reading Paul's works.

Has the penny dropped for you yet? Or are you going to make up some nonsense to explain these undeniable facts?"
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
30-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Claim: Mormon beliefs about the origins of Native Americans do not agree with findings by archeologists and genetic researchers. There are no signs of ancient civilizations in North America which did metalworking. Native Americans are most closely related (in terms of both blood factors and physical characteristics) to the peoples of Mongolia and elsewhere in Asia. Their ancestors did not come from the Middle East.

Since the Book of Mormon story takes place in Mesoamerica, not North America, these comments are essentially irrelevant. A number of prominent non-LDS scholars believe that there were migrations to Mesoamerica from both Asia and the ancient Near East. Their beliefs are not proof, but neither are the beliefs of those who think there were no such migrations. Genetic studies are, in fact, incomplete, and none have been reported for the area where the Nephites and Lamanites lived. Nor would they account for intermarriage with other native groups. Nowhere does the Book of Mormon say that all Amerindians came from the Middle East.

30-07-2015, 02:14 PM
(30-07-2015 02:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  Claim: Mormon beliefs about the origins of Native Americans do not agree with findings by archeologists and genetic researchers. There are no signs of ancient civilizations in North America which did metalworking. Native Americans are most closely related (in terms of both blood factors and physical characteristics) to the peoples of Mongolia and elsewhere in Asia. Their ancestors did not come from the Middle East.

Since the Book of Mormon story takes place in Mesoamerica, not North America, these comments are essentially irrelevant. A number of prominent non-LDS scholars believe that there were migrations to Mesoamerica from both Asia and the ancient Near East. Their beliefs are not proof, but neither are the beliefs of those who think there were no such migrations. Genetic studies are, in fact, incomplete, and none have been reported for the area where the Nephites and Lamanites lived. Nor would they account for intermarriage with other native groups. Nowhere does the Book of Mormon say that all Amerindians came from the Middle East.

So....like....who really cares what the book of mormon says?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
30-07-2015, 02:39 PM
(30-07-2015 02:14 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 02:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  Claim: Mormon beliefs about the origins of Native Americans do not agree with findings by archeologists and genetic researchers. There are no signs of ancient civilizations in North America which did metalworking. Native Americans are most closely related (in terms of both blood factors and physical characteristics) to the peoples of Mongolia and elsewhere in Asia. Their ancestors did not come from the Middle East.

a lot of people

30-07-2015, 02:55 PM
(30-07-2015 02:14 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  

Mitt Romney and Orrin Hatch.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-07-2015, 02:57 PM
(30-07-2015 02:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 02:14 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So....like....who really cares what the book of mormon says?

Mitt Romney and Orrin Hatch.
good post. I like it. Thumbsup

30-07-2015, 03:05 PM
(30-07-2015 02:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 02:14 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So....like....who really cares what the book of mormon says?
a lot of people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcE5aDTszrY
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post