Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(03-08-2015 06:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Don't try to Neuro-science dumbshit. "Felt an urge" ? Really ? You wouldn't be trying to devalue or marginalize anything here would you ?
Define the difference, scientifically between an "urge" acted upon (a *decision*) and something else. Oh you can't ? Shocking.

I forgive you for calling me a dumbshit.

Anyways, I used the word "urge" because that is what was used in the Nature article Airportkid linked.

Quote:The volunteers were asked to press one of two buttons when they felt the urge to.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2015, 01:22 PM
(03-08-2015 01:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me a dumbshit.

Rolleyes Motherfucking self-serving self-fellating asshole licker. Wanker who ostentatiously pretend-forgives others. You know that just saying to yourself that you're an awesome guy does not in fact make you an awesome guy, you self-obsessed shithead?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-08-2015, 01:56 PM
(31-07-2015 08:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Free will exists.

Neuroscience has demonstrated that decisions are made before humans are fully conscious of them, so the requirements of Moral Theology can never be fully met, with respect to "free will". It's a proven illusion, and you are an intellectual fraud, Q.

As far as absolute moral values go, your stupid cult CHANGED the rules from the OT to the NT, so your own idiotic holy books refute your own childish claims. The Hebrews were told to kill their disobedient children. Did you kill your disobedient children, Q ?

Get real.

There is no natural evolving process that foreordained you, whatever your gut emotion, to type characters on a keyboard. You chose to do so, you chose to hold me morally accountable for what I wrote, and you seem absolutely sure--without any future possibility of a change of mind--that the Bible isn't a holy book, so you have affirmed an absolute exists, unless you'd like to refute my statement by saying the Bible might be truth. You are affirming the sense of all three of my suggested debate resolutions, and I thank you.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2015, 02:03 PM
(31-07-2015 07:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 01:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please allow me to restate. You propose an infinite line in one direction, the past only. Today is today, tomorrow is the future. Today is the last day of all history. An infinite line would go in both directions, past and future. One can go back without bound but on the return trip, one finds a terminus here in July 2015 CE.

It is therefore not an infinite line

Wrong. Utterly, completely wrong. The negative integers form an infinite set - they terminate in one direction at -1 but the extent is infinite.

As I said, your understanding is a meaningless jumble of incorrect interpretations.

Quote:and therefore the past lines of time cannot be infinite as the timeline would need to expand to all possibility in BOTH directions to be truly infinite.

Nope, see above.

Quote:There are a finite number of days that STOP now at today (where we are both located, I hope!). Do not mistake an abstract infinite series with a concrete one. Our timeline is half-infinite at present, at best!

Please provide evidence that time does not extend infinitely into the past; you need evidence since your mathematical argument is incorrect.

Quote:Luckily for both of us "mathematicians" you haven't yet explained how the universe collapses and re-expands perpetually without losing power in the process--or where all this present matter and energy came from... I think God made it.

I don't need to explain that as I have made no claim about it.

Simple, really, Chas. By stating dogmatically that time extends into the infinite past before today, tomorrow there will be one more day of history, so will it be infinity plus one? Because tomorrow, the length of time between today and "infinity past" will be one added to the previous reckoning account. And infinity cannot have numbers added to it. Of course, my viewpoint is a modification of a Kalam argument for a creator or if you like, a parody of your viewpoint that nothing became something (including space and time) 15B years ago or more.

Regardless, you are yet to address the fact that an infinitely contracting and exploding universe would be subject to entropy--and that most scientists utterly disagree with you and based on multiple confirmation of the Big Bang, place a more finite time limit on the past life of this universe.

So, "do you science" or do you think most cosmologists, mathematicians and physicists have the universe's age incorrect... um, today?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
03-08-2015, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 02:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-08-2015 06:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 03:03 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The study required participants to press a button when they felt an urge to press the button. Deciding to press a button because you feel like it is quite a bit different decision than say deciding to break up with with a really hot....I mean so hot she will make your teeth sweat girl but who is also a bat shit crazy ding danged physcho woman.....you know the type. Those two decision....they're really not even in the same category. One is deciding on an urge or whim, and the other requires your interior monologue to talk itself through all the pros and cons and make a judgment on what is optimal. One is a meaningful decision and the other is meaningless.

The study tells us what we already know, that the decision making process starts in the unconscious. On a meaningless made on a whim decision, that is really as far as the decison making process needs to go. Its not surprising that looking at brain states is going to be allow you make a prediction that is right 60% of the time. But what about hard meaningful decisions that take days to reach. Could a brain scan predict those?

Don't try to Neuro-science dumbshit. "Felt an urge" ? Really ? You wouldn't be trying to devalue or marginalize anything here would you ?
Define the difference, scientifically between an "urge" acted upon (a *decision*) and something else. Oh you can't ? Shocking.
The study doesn't show what you claimed. The study showed the decision was made before it was present in consciousness. Your lame attempt, without definitions and criteria to separate a complex decision from a simple one isn't going to fly. A complex decision is a 'subconscious war' between armies of all kinds of *factions*, NONE of which are totally present EVER in consciousness. That means we can toss any sort of concept of "religious free will" out the window. Moral Theology requires *full knowledge* etc etc.

So blowjob, you get an "F" today
1. in science
2. in religion

Oh well,

A number of psychologists are now talking about "free won't". Where we don't necessarily have control of what the subconscious suggests but we are capable of ignoring it.

#sigh
03-08-2015, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 03:31 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-08-2015 01:56 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There is no natural evolving process that foreordained you, whatever your gut emotion, to type characters on a keyboard. You chose to do so, you chose to hold me morally accountable for what I wrote, and you seem absolutely sure--without any future possibility of a change of mind--that the Bible isn't a holy book, so you have affirmed an absolute exists, unless you'd like to refute my statement by saying the Bible might be truth. You are affirming the sense of all three of my suggested debate resolutions, and I thank you.

Totally irrelevant nonsense. No one said it was "foreordained". Within a certain proximate timeframe, a number of electrical processes in brains compete (mostly subconsciously) and a decision is made, BEFORE humans are conscious of it. There is no way that in any way meets the qualifications of "free will" in Moral Theology.
We can learn things. I have learned, (not "decided") that the Babble is bullshit.
Nice try there sport. You're looking REALLY REALLY desperate to keep the discussion on your infantile level, bucko. If you think what I said supports your crap, you're worse off than I thought.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-08-2015, 05:50 PM
(03-08-2015 02:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 07:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wrong. Utterly, completely wrong. The negative integers form an infinite set - they terminate in one direction at -1 but the extent is infinite.

As I said, your understanding is a meaningless jumble of incorrect interpretations.

Nope, see above.

Please provide evidence that time does not extend infinitely into the past; you need evidence since your mathematical argument is incorrect.

I don't need to explain that as I have made no claim about it.

Simple, really, Chas. By stating dogmatically that time extends into the infinite past before today,

Except I never said that.

Quote:tomorrow there will be one more day of history, so will it be infinity plus one?

If time extends infinitely far into the past, then yes as ∞+1 = ∞.

Quote:Because tomorrow, the length of time between today and "infinity past" will be one added to the previous reckoning account. And infinity cannot have numbers added to it.

Yes it can. ∞+x = ∞.

Quote:Of course, my viewpoint is a modification of a Kalam argument for a creator or if you like, a parody of your viewpoint that nothing became something (including space and time) 15B years ago or more.

How is it that you claim to know my viewpoint? I haven't stated it. Are you psychic?

Quote:Regardless, you are yet to address the fact that an infinitely contracting and exploding universe would be subject to entropy--and that most scientists utterly disagree with you and based on multiple confirmation of the Big Bang, place a more finite time limit on the past life of this universe.

You do not understand entropy - it is a measure of disorder. What do you think it is?

Quote:So, "do you science" or do you think most cosmologists, mathematicians and physicists have the universe's age incorrect... um, today?

I science, but you clearly do not. And you don't even math.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-08-2015, 12:43 AM
(03-08-2015 01:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 01:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me a dumbshit.

Rolleyes Motherfucking self-serving self-fellating asshole licker. Wanker who ostentatiously pretend-forgives others. You know that just saying to yourself that you're an awesome guy does not in fact make you an awesome guy, you self-obsessed shithead?

I forgive you for saying all those mean things.
04-08-2015, 01:32 AM
(04-08-2015 12:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 01:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes Motherfucking self-serving self-fellating asshole licker. Wanker who ostentatiously pretend-forgives others. You know that just saying to yourself that you're an awesome guy does not in fact make you an awesome guy, you self-obsessed shithead?

I forgive you for saying all those mean things.

No need shithead Smile I don't need pseudo-forgiveness from a freak like you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-08-2015, 01:36 AM
(04-08-2015 01:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 12:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for saying all those mean things.

No need shithead Smile I don't need pseudo-forgiveness from a freak like you.

I forgive you for calling me a shithead.

I don't forgive you because you need it. I forgive you because I need it. If I don't forgive those who hate me at some point I feel like doing this: