Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(04-08-2015 01:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't forgive you because you need it. I forgive you because I need it.

If this is truly the reason, then why do you announce it? Life is too short to be holding grudges, I can agree with that. I just don't see what purpose announcing that you forgive someone serves other than as an attempt at making yourself appear pious and Christlike and all those other pointless things.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-08-2015, 02:36 AM
(04-08-2015 02:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 01:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't forgive you because you need it. I forgive you because I need it.

If this is truly the reason, then why do you announce it? Life is too short to be holding grudges, I can agree with that. I just don't see what purpose announcing that you forgive someone serves other than as an attempt at making yourself appear pious and Christlike and all those other pointless things.

Just because I forgive you doesn't mean you shouldn't called out for your bad behavior. You don't want to be forgiven, don't engage in the sin. It really is your choice.
04-08-2015, 02:49 AM
(03-08-2015 05:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 02:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Simple, really, Chas. By stating dogmatically that time extends into the infinite past before today,

Except I never said that.

Quote:tomorrow there will be one more day of history, so will it be infinity plus one?

If time extends infinitely far into the past, then yes as ∞+1 = ∞.

Quote:Because tomorrow, the length of time between today and "infinity past" will be one added to the previous reckoning account. And infinity cannot have numbers added to it.

Yes it can. ∞+x = ∞.

Quote:Of course, my viewpoint is a modification of a Kalam argument for a creator or if you like, a parody of your viewpoint that nothing became something (including space and time) 15B years ago or more.

How is it that you claim to know my viewpoint? I haven't stated it. Are you psychic?

Quote:Regardless, you are yet to address the fact that an infinitely contracting and exploding universe would be subject to entropy--and that most scientists utterly disagree with you and based on multiple confirmation of the Big Bang, place a more finite time limit on the past life of this universe.

You do not understand entropy - it is a measure of disorder. What do you think it is?

Quote:So, "do you science" or do you think most cosmologists, mathematicians and physicists have the universe's age incorrect... um, today?

I science, but you clearly do not. And you don't even math.

"How is it that you claim to know my viewpoint? I haven't stated it. Are you psychic?"

Yes he is...didn't you know? A few days ago he chose the topic for a debate with me, and then, he claimed, he beat me conclusively. The only problem was that the entire "debate" occurred within his own post, because he thought he knew what I would say, so he spoke for me. He then pronounced himself the winner of the "debate."

I've got a suspicion he was serious, and that he thought people would be impressed. He obviously does think he is psychic.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
04-08-2015, 03:13 AM
(04-08-2015 02:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 02:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  If this is truly the reason, then why do you announce it? Life is too short to be holding grudges, I can agree with that. I just don't see what purpose announcing that you forgive someone serves other than as an attempt at making yourself appear pious and Christlike and all those other pointless things.

Just because I forgive you doesn't mean you shouldn't called out for your bad behavior. You don't want to be forgiven, don't engage in the sin. It really is your choice.

Rolleyes You've equally insulted people, called them morons etc when it suits you. You reallly are a hypocritical douche. Anyway, whatever floats your boat, dickhead.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-08-2015, 03:35 AM
(04-08-2015 03:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 02:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Just because I forgive you doesn't mean you shouldn't called out for your bad behavior. You don't want to be forgiven, don't engage in the sin. It really is your choice.

Rolleyes You've equally insulted people, called them morons etc when it suits you. You reallly are a hypocritical douche. Anyway, whatever floats your boat, dickhead.

I forgive you for calling me a dickhead. If I did call someone a moron etc, it was in response to them insulting me first. Still I shouldn't have done that. I should have always taken the high road and just forgiven them. I apologize. That being said, if you make a stupid argument, I'm going to call the argument as I see it.

Now when I first came to this forum, I forgave people who insulted me. But that pissed them off even more so I stopped it and just took a tack of insulting them back. That result was worse. So now I have decided I am just going to forgive. If you get a little butthurt because I forgave you that is your problem. I like forgiving, it puts me in a better emotional state so that is what I am going to do.
04-08-2015, 03:40 AM
(04-08-2015 03:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I like forgiving, it puts me in a better emotional state so that is what I am going to do.

Thumbsup You go skippy. You could try weed while you're at it too.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-08-2015, 05:54 AM
(04-08-2015 02:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  

He announces it, because he's a self-righteous church-lady, and he just knows he's morally superior to us evil atheismers. He's a gonna save us from our *ebil*
ways. Just you wait an' see. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-08-2015, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 06:16 AM by Banjo.)
(04-08-2015 02:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Just because I forgive you doesn't mean you shouldn't called out for your bad behavior. You don't want to be forgiven, don't engage in the sin. It really is your choice.

This is funny. You rudely come in because you had first judged and condemned us, and call us out on our bad behavior???

I had not judged you at all and in fact had given you the benefit of the doubt. But then my natural instinct, to not suffer fools gladly, kicked in.

It is now 2015. Your god does not exist. You have wasted your precious time on earth focused on a non existent thing.

Think about it, one's life dedicated to worshipping a fairy tale.

It is very sad.

Or me being a glass half full person interprets it as this.

YOU Laughat

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
04-08-2015, 09:35 AM
(03-08-2015 03:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 01:56 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There is no natural evolving process that foreordained you, whatever your gut emotion, to type characters on a keyboard. You chose to do so, you chose to hold me morally accountable for what I wrote, and you seem absolutely sure--without any future possibility of a change of mind--that the Bible isn't a holy book, so you have affirmed an absolute exists, unless you'd like to refute my statement by saying the Bible might be truth. You are affirming the sense of all three of my suggested debate resolutions, and I thank you.

Totally irrelevant nonsense. No one said it was "foreordained". Within a certain proximate timeframe, a number of electrical processes in brains compete (mostly subconsciously) and a decision is made, BEFORE humans are conscious of it. There is no way that in any way meets the qualifications of "free will" in Moral Theology.
We can learn things. I have learned, (not "decided") that the Babble is bullshit.
Nice try there sport. You're looking REALLY REALLY desperate to keep the discussion on your infantile level, bucko. If you think what I said supports your crap, you're worse off than I thought.

How come I can respond to you kindly while you constantly curse at me if there's no free will? Or is it that you have evolved differently than I?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
04-08-2015, 09:38 AM
(03-08-2015 05:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 02:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Simple, really, Chas. By stating dogmatically that time extends into the infinite past before today,

Except I never said that.

Quote:tomorrow there will be one more day of history, so will it be infinity plus one?

If time extends infinitely far into the past, then yes as ∞+1 = ∞.

Quote:Because tomorrow, the length of time between today and "infinity past" will be one added to the previous reckoning account. And infinity cannot have numbers added to it.

Yes it can. ∞+x = ∞.

Quote:Of course, my viewpoint is a modification of a Kalam argument for a creator or if you like, a parody of your viewpoint that nothing became something (including space and time) 15B years ago or more.

How is it that you claim to know my viewpoint? I haven't stated it. Are you psychic?

Quote:Regardless, you are yet to address the fact that an infinitely contracting and exploding universe would be subject to entropy--and that most scientists utterly disagree with you and based on multiple confirmation of the Big Bang, place a more finite time limit on the past life of this universe.

You do not understand entropy - it is a measure of disorder. What do you think it is?

Quote:So, "do you science" or do you think most cosmologists, mathematicians and physicists have the universe's age incorrect... um, today?

I science, but you clearly do not. And you don't even math.

Repeating, I understand your math as an abstract concept of infinity, however, there is no concrete infinity--we can have an infinite number of conjectural points in space along my 3-foot-long bookshelf but only a finite number of books will fit on this shelf.

More germane to this discussion, you claim I don't understand entropy--yet again, you assault my knowledge base rather than answer a question. Repeating:

Do you science or do you think most cosmologists, mathematicians and physicists are wrong when they disagree with your theory of an infinite number of big bangs?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.