Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(04-08-2015 01:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 12:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Contempt of ignorant religious BS is not a vice.
Ridding the world of nonsense is a good thing.
For centuries skeptical men and women were forced to keep silent.
We get that you idiots don't want to give up the unearned privilege of being in the majority and skeptics were passive and forced to tolerate your ignorance.
Too bad. Those days are long gone. Religion is on the way out, in educated societies.

We are talking about spreading contempt and hate directed at forum members and not that directed at religion or public figures.

There, there. Would you like a tissue?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2015, 01:41 PM
(04-08-2015 01:38 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 01:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  We are talking about spreading contempt and hate directed at forum members and not that directed at religion or public figures.

There, there. Would you like a tissue?

Sure, all these people crying about being publicly forgiven, I'm sure there is a box tissue around here somewhere.
04-08-2015, 01:46 PM
(04-08-2015 12:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 12:44 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It will be entertaining to other people reading the thread.

There isn't much gratitude or entertainment gathered by reading soft pleasantries for people given out in comments.

I see,

Well I get more benefit publicly forgiving you guys than I do privately forgiving you guys. Also publicly forgiving you guys seems to curb the amount of insults I receive which means you guys are benefiting from it as well.

It really doesn't lessen much but make ye seem desperate and socially un-understanding. Perhaps you read up on some social techniques but it doesn't help you seem less socially struggling or socially awkward/trolly whichever it may be.

It's kinda a, well this is a connotation so it must be the correlation failure here. You are also doing far less spewing hating outward than you used to which is more of a rational cause for why you get less of that.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
04-08-2015, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 04:54 PM by unfogged.)
Quote:Since 08-01-2015 I have forgiven 19 unprovoked insults directed at me in this forum.

While whether they were appropriate or not may be debatable, they weren't exactly unprovoked. You aren't just an innocent victim here.

Quote:In each case, I just turned the other cheek at let it go.

Ah, but you didn't. You publicly crowed about each and every one of them. That's OK, though. I forgive you for being a smug, sanctimonious, hypocrite.

See how stupid that sounds?

ETA the part in italics which got lost somehow in editing

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
04-08-2015, 03:32 PM
(04-08-2015 09:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 02:49 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "How is it that you claim to know my viewpoint? I haven't stated it. Are you psychic?"

Yes he is...didn't you know? A few days ago he chose the topic for a debate with me, and then, he claimed, he beat me conclusively. The only problem was that the entire "debate" occurred within his own post, because he thought he knew what I would say, so he spoke for me. He then pronounced himself the winner of the "debate."

I've got a suspicion he was serious, and that he thought people would be impressed. He obviously does think he is psychic.

I'm trying, Mark, to let you off the hook. Did you really wish to enter the boxing ring with me to take the negative from among three suggested debate resolutions--that there is no free will or there is no moral accountability or there is no absolute truth?

Because in doing so, I'd be obliged to point out that you were 1) exercising your free will in choosing to visit the boxing ring 2) holding me ethically/morally accountable for both you and I to teach the correct viewpoints on these items and 3) saying my debate resolution is false--which is of necessity based on the absolute truth that some things are true and some things are false.

Therefore I gracefully pointed out to you the original error--your allowing me to pick the topic for debate.

Of course, I don't mind repeating myself as above, at least until you acknowledge:

Absolute truth exists

Free will exists

People are morally accountable[/i]

This is just pathetic. You are an opinionated know-it-all, because you have just assumed you know your opponent's position. A debate is a two way dialogue, not a one way lecture.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
04-08-2015, 04:04 PM
(04-08-2015 12:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Also publicly forgiving you guys seems to curb the amount of insults I receive which means you guys are benefiting from it as well.

Ya think? Just encourages me. Now how do I get earmuffs to wander into the A&T forum? And what the fuck ever happened to DemonicLemon for just these situations.

#sigh
04-08-2015, 04:14 PM
(04-08-2015 01:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 01:38 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  There, there. Would you like a tissue?

Sure, all these people crying about being publicly forgiven, I'm sure there is a box tissue around here somewhere.

There is, and it's extra-large.
It's kept locked up for when you start your epic whining sessions.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-08-2015, 11:49 PM
(04-08-2015 01:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Sure, all these people crying about being publicly forgiven, I'm sure there is a box tissue around here somewhere.

The more things change...

So, how life treating you Blowjob? Still being a whiny cunt I take it?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-08-2015, 11:55 PM
(04-08-2015 11:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 01:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Sure, all these people crying about being publicly forgiven, I'm sure there is a box tissue around here somewhere.

Ooo, what a nice thing to say Smile Turns out Blowjob gets a kick out of being called a prick, a dick, a cunt, a wanker and other such nice things. Then he can forgive you. It's some kinda psychological disease, but we can all help him get better by telling him exactly what kind of putrid excrement he really is Yes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-08-2015, 12:23 AM
(04-08-2015 11:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

I'm doing great. I forgive you for calling me a whiny cunt.