Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(09-08-2015 10:10 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 10:06 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't see it that way. Q, COTW, Alla are just empty chairs anyway because they will not even consider another perspective. I look at it as speaking to the lurkers. They are the real audience.

You don't debate for the benefit of your opponent, you debate for the benefit of your audience.

Ya know, we say this all the time but IMO lurkers are few and far between. Anyway, this is for your benefit you bastards and totally not 'cos I like the sound of my own keyboard... Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 11:45 PM
(09-08-2015 11:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 10:10 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You don't debate for the benefit of your opponent, you debate for the benefit of your audience.

Ya know, we say this all the time but IMO lurkers are few and far between. Anyway, this is for your benefit you bastards and totally not 'cos I like the sound of my own keyboard... Tongue

"Self improvement is masturbation." - Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt), Fight Club

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2015, 04:00 AM
(09-08-2015 10:10 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 10:06 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't see it that way. Q, COTW, Alla are just empty chairs anyway because they will not even consider another perspective. I look at it as speaking to the lurkers. They are the real audience.

You don't debate for the benefit of your opponent, you debate for the benefit of your audience.

I can't tell if you are yelling at me or not. Consider I mean, I said the same thing.............

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
10-08-2015, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 04:13 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(09-08-2015 10:06 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 05:32 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  There's a recurrent pattern in this thread.

Q gets shot off at the kneecaps and disappears for a week.

Problem is, when he goes, we're just preaching to the choir.

I don't see it that way. Q, COTW, Alla are just empty chairs anyway because they will not even consider another perspective. I look at it as speaking to the lurkers. They are the real audience.

Oh yes. Agreed.

But we need them to put forward the

"I'm not too bright...I just believe what I've been told"

perspective.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2015, 04:13 AM
22, 470 looks.

That's a shitload.

Even Q doesn't reread his own posts that often.Big Grin
10-08-2015, 05:27 AM
Yeah, "lurkers" are here more than the members. Like WAY more. The mods/admins have stats. Cool

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2015, 06:20 AM
(10-08-2015 04:00 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 10:10 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You don't debate for the benefit of your opponent, you debate for the benefit of your audience.

I can't tell if you are yelling at me or not. Consider I mean, I said the same thing.............

Not yelling, just raising the volume to 11!

[Image: Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-08-2015, 12:55 PM
(07-08-2015 01:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  you might want to be consistent (and, more important to me, a nice gentleman) and not scream at every theist who walks into TTA's doors, "Where's your scientific proof of god, dimwit?!" Because it sure sounds to me like wish fulfillment, unless you add your subtext, "I have no science behind what I believe and would love to see someone's about either side of this issue. I'm desperate!"

Liar. I have never once said that. If I need any advice from the likes of you, I'll be sure and ask.

I ask for a coherent, internally consistent definition of a god. That precedes a request for evidence. Neither you, nor anyone has ever been able to give one.

(07-08-2015 12:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, the Bible I love describes you accurately where it says, "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are..."

The Bible you love exists only in your head. The real Bible that scholars teach, you know nothing about, and are unable to even begin to discuss. And "your Bible" also tells you "Judge not, last ye be judged". I see you think you are exempt from your Jebus' words.

(07-08-2015 12:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And, if you like, I can debate your fluffy proposition:
No one can prove a negative.
1) I can prove a negative right now. There is no coffee in my refrigerator. So, if you like, I can go and post a video to the boxing ring, and win the debate (unless you wish to stay in the ring long enough to "prove" there is coffee in my refrigerator today). That should prove amusing. Perhaps you will find some Starbucks in there or even God in there... who knows? You don't even know for sure if I'm telling the truth and if there is coffee in my fridge or if I'm bluffing, yet you have the brass to post angry, nasty responses online to dozens of theists, telling them they are lacking all the information. How dare you, sir.

How dare YOU sir. You cannot prove there is no coffee in your refrigerator. You lack both the techical skills and the equipment, and you would never know if you missed a molecule. Your stupid childish dishonest attempted analogy is false. The correct anaology would be "There is no coffee (anywhere)". It is an axiom of Logic (which you lack in it's entirety), and not my "fluffy" anything, you ignoramus.

(07-08-2015 12:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So, let's not debate but be friends, as no matter whether you or I pick the resolution under fire, you seem to be losing.

The only one losing anything here is you, and consistently so. There is no one here who thinks you have ever won even one point.

I take your post as Mark is losing, since you seem to feel the need to defend him. Which by implication, shows you are losing and self-defensive also.

PS. If I believe your illogical statements regarding the negation of coffee everywhere, then we can neither prove that God doesn't exist somewhere nor that you do exist somewhere (or if you like, do not exist). Unfortunately for me you exist, because you are very rude.

PPS. There is no coffee in my refrigerator. It's in my freezer.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
17-08-2015, 12:57 PM
(09-08-2015 05:32 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  There's a recurrent pattern in this thread.

Q gets shot off at the kneecaps and disappears for a week.

Problem is, when he goes, we're just preaching to the choir.

Um, I offered five different debate resolutions on one thread. You said you agree with me on three, ignored the other two.

My kneecaps are still fine.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
17-08-2015, 01:51 PM
(17-08-2015 12:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 01:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Liar. I have never once said that. If I need any advice from the likes of you, I'll be sure and ask.

I ask for a coherent, internally consistent definition of a god. That precedes a request for evidence. Neither you, nor anyone has ever been able to give one.

The Bible you love exists only in your head. The real Bible that scholars teach, you know nothing about, and are unable to even begin to discuss. And "your Bible" also tells you "Judge not, last ye be judged". I see you think you are exempt from your Jebus' words.

How dare YOU sir. You cannot prove there is no coffee in your refrigerator. You lack both the techical skills and the equipment, and you would never know if you missed a molecule. Your stupid childish dishonest attempted analogy is false. The correct anaology would be "There is no coffee (anywhere)". It is an axiom of Logic (which you lack in it's entirety), and not my "fluffy" anything, you ignoramus.

The only one losing anything here is you, and consistently so. There is no one here who thinks you have ever won even one point.

I take your post as Mark is losing, since you seem to feel the need to defend him. Which by implication, shows you are losing and self-defensive also.

PS. If I believe your illogical statements regarding the negation of coffee everywhere, then we can neither prove that God doesn't exist somewhere nor that you do exist somewhere (or if you like, do not exist). Unfortunately for me you exist, because you are very rude.

PPS. There is no coffee in my refrigerator. It's in my freezer.

There might be coffee in your refrigerator. You don't have the ability to do the proper tests to determine that, and even if you did, the most you could say was to give a probability that none was there.

Coffee and god have no similarity. Your idiotic analogy is false. We don't know what a god is, so even looking for one is clearly a waste.

What is rude here, is the dishonest garbage you spout, and claim as thruthful.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post