Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2015 03:19 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(17-08-2015 12:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 01:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Liar. I have never once said that. If I need any advice from the likes of you, I'll be sure and ask.

I ask for a coherent, internally consistent definition of a god. That precedes a request for evidence. Neither you, nor anyone has ever been able to give one.

The Bible you love exists only in your head. The real Bible that scholars teach, you know nothing about, and are unable to even begin to discuss. And "your Bible" also tells you "Judge not, last ye be judged". I see you think you are exempt from your Jebus' words.

How dare YOU sir. You cannot prove there is no coffee in your refrigerator. You lack both the techical skills and the equipment, and you would never know if you missed a molecule. Your stupid childish dishonest attempted analogy is false. The correct anaology would be "There is no coffee (anywhere)". It is an axiom of Logic (which you lack in it's entirety), and not my "fluffy" anything, you ignoramus.

The only one losing anything here is you, and consistently so. There is no one here who thinks you have ever won even one point.

I take your post as Mark is losing, since you seem to feel the need to defend him. Which by implication, shows you are losing and self-defensive also.

PS. If I believe your illogical statements regarding the negation of coffee everywhere, then we can neither prove that God doesn't exist somewhere nor that you do exist somewhere (or if you like, do not exist). Unfortunately for me you exist, because you are very rude.

PPS. There is no coffee in my refrigerator. It's in my freezer.

Oh, you're back, and still spouting the same shit, such as "prove to me God doesn't exist."

I had imagined you might be reconsidering some of the nonsense you wrote, (at least 5 of us told you it was nonsense,) but no, you are still unable to be objective, and you are still obsessed with "winning" and trying to make yourself sound smart.

PS have a read of this,
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...aul--33750
you might learn something about your own religion (although it might be too long for your attention span).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
18-08-2015, 08:38 AM
(17-08-2015 01:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 12:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I take your post as Mark is losing, since you seem to feel the need to defend him. Which by implication, shows you are losing and self-defensive also.

PS. If I believe your illogical statements regarding the negation of coffee everywhere, then we can neither prove that God doesn't exist somewhere nor that you do exist somewhere (or if you like, do not exist). Unfortunately for me you exist, because you are very rude.

There might be coffee in your refrigerator. You don't have the ability to do the proper tests to determine that, and even if you did, the most you could say was to give a probability that none was there.

Coffee and god have no similarity. Your idiotic analogy is false. We don't know what a god is, so even looking for one is clearly a waste.

What is rude here, is the dishonest garbage you spout, and claim as thruthful.

The first definition would be that this god is infinite in power. The formation of this universe from nothing demonstrates this (for all practical purposes) the infinite being who created this time/space with matter and energy.

And again, if you don't know what a god is, how can you sit on a forum and (rudely, unswervingly) question His existence? That's like saying man didn't walk on the moon without knowing what the moon is.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
18-08-2015, 08:41 AM
(17-08-2015 03:15 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 12:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I take your post as Mark is losing, since you seem to feel the need to defend him. Which by implication, shows you are losing and self-defensive also.

Oh, you're back, and still spouting the same shit, such as "prove to me God doesn't exist."

I had imagined you might be reconsidering some of the nonsense you wrote, (at least 5 of us told you it was nonsense,) but no, you are still unable to be objective, and you are still obsessed with "winning" and trying to make yourself sound smart.

PS have a read of this,
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...aul--33750
you might learn something about your own religion (although it might be too long for your attention span).

You waffle more than a politician during an election cycle, Mark, and I'm trying to tell you that kindly.

You called me crazy after I posted three resolutions for debate... do you think that I or other TTA readers forgot that you ducked my debate offers, saying I was crazy, only later to say you've "won" our debates?

I read your Saint Paul chapter earlier. Are you asking me to debate some or all of it? Much of it is your pop-ed rhetoric and conjecture. I prefer to debate using logic and facts.

PS. I've proven to my satisfaction that God exists, so asking you to prove He doesn't is reasonable.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
18-08-2015, 08:46 AM
(18-08-2015 08:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The first definition would be that this god is infinite in power.

Assumption lacking any evidence.

Quote:The formation of this universe from nothing demonstrates this

Quote:(for all practical purposes) the infinite being who created this time/space with matter and energy.

Quote:And again, if you don't know what a god is, how can you sit on a forum and (rudely, unswervingly) question His existence? That's like saying man didn't walk on the moon without knowing what the moon is.

Because there is no evidence of anything like what you (or anyone else) describes, that's how.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-08-2015, 08:47 AM
(18-08-2015 08:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 01:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There might be coffee in your refrigerator. You don't have the ability to do the proper tests to determine that, and even if you did, the most you could say was to give a probability that none was there.

Coffee and god have no similarity. Your idiotic analogy is false. We don't know what a god is, so even looking for one is clearly a waste.

What is rude here, is the dishonest garbage you spout, and claim as thruthful.

The first definition would be that this god is infinite in power. The formation of this universe from nothing demonstrates this (for all practical purposes) the infinite being who created this time/space with matter and energy.

And again, if you don't know what a god is, how can you sit on a forum and (rudely, unswervingly) question His existence? That's like saying man didn't walk on the moon without knowing what the moon is.

If your god is infinite in power, (which it clearly is not), why does he not stop the suffering of innocent babies ?

Actually we don't know *if* the universe was "formed", or just "re-banged" from what was there infinitely before, (and neither do you). But nice try, there, bucko. Try harder next time.

Do we know what pink sparkly unicorns are ? The same applies to your idiot deity. With no coherent definition, there is no reason to even begin to speak of its "existence", much less "deny" it. I don't deny anything. There is nothing to deny, until you cook up a coherent definition. So yet another stupid non-applicable analogy from Q.

Oh well.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-08-2015, 10:26 AM
(18-08-2015 08:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If your god is infinite in power, (which it clearly is not), why does he not stop the suffering of innocent babies ?

Those babies aren't innocent. God only punishes the guilty ones.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-08-2015, 11:11 AM
(18-08-2015 10:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 08:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If your god is infinite in power, (which it clearly is not), why does he not stop the suffering of innocent babies ?

Those babies aren't innocent. God only punishes the guilty ones.

Oh. Well I always did think that yellow stuff they poo'd was rather sinful. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-08-2015, 11:24 AM
(18-08-2015 08:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. I've proven to my satisfaction that God exists, so asking you to prove He doesn't is reasonable.

Interesting. Most enlightening.
Q has no need for faith, and indeed admits he has none.

There is no need for faith if one has proof of something.

Wow.
Just wow.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-08-2015, 11:29 AM
(18-08-2015 08:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The first definition would be that this god is infinite in power.

"Infinite in power" doesn't actually mean anything. It's just a nonsense phrase intended to act as a substitute for "is a wizard".

(18-08-2015 08:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The formation of this universe from nothing demonstrates this (for all practical purposes) the infinite being who created this time/space with matter and energy.

No, it doesn't.

(18-08-2015 08:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And again, if you don't know what a god is, how can you sit on a forum and (rudely, unswervingly) question His existence? That's like saying man didn't walk on the moon without knowing what the moon is.

The igtheists' issue with theists' poor definitions of their gods is not the igtheists' fault. Pointing out the incoherence of the definition is a valid criticism of the theistic position.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
18-08-2015, 11:30 AM
(18-08-2015 08:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. I've proven to my satisfaction that God exists, so asking you to prove He doesn't is reasonable.

That is not how the burden of proof works. You may have proven it to yourself, but you are still required to present your evidence for others' consideration.

Dancing about like a ten-year-old saying "I caught Bigfoot but you can't see it, nanananana" is not a compelling argument.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post