Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2015, 11:39 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(18-08-2015 11:30 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You may have proven it to yourself, but you are still required to present your evidence for others' consideration.

Well, not if he wants to shut the fuck up and live his life.

If he wants other people to believe him when he spouts his bullshit, and since he frequently tries to insert woo bullshit into discussions, frequently tries to pretend that he has adequate proof for God and frequently tries to denigrate e.g. legal abortion (if I recall correctly, and that's not the only bullshit he pushes), then yeah, he does have the obligation to supply more than stupid deepities to back up his position.

The fact that he tries still to wiggle out of it is cute but the great thing is, there's always someone to point out to his pigheaded self and anyone watching that he's an idiot Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-08-2015, 11:50 AM
(18-08-2015 08:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The first definition would be that this god is infinite in power. The formation of this universe from nothing demonstrates
First: The key word here is THIS. As in, THIS space and time. What if space and time exist out side our universe? Then what?
What if a fourth or higher dimension of space and/or a second or higher dimension of time exist WITHIN our own universe? Then what?
What if a fourth or higher dimension of space and/or a second or higher dimension of time exist INSIDE our universe AND extend OUTSIDE our universe? Then what?

Lemme guess.... doesn't matter, cause God, right?

And second: "The formation of this universe from nothing..."
Really? Are you shitting us?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
18-08-2015, 11:52 AM
(18-08-2015 11:29 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  "Infinite in power" doesn't actually mean anything. It's just a nonsense phrase intended to act as a substitute for "is a wizard".

An Epic Level wizard, maybe.

I've been saying to people for years that Fizban the Fabulous is god, but nobody will listen to me.

[Image: th?id=JN.AFHfRMzn8hvuCfyF1DX%2bSg&am...;amp;h=300]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
18-08-2015, 11:55 AM
(18-08-2015 08:38 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The first definition would be that this god is infinite in power.

And again, if you don't know what a god is, how can you sit on a forum and (rudely, unswervingly) question His existence? That's like saying man didn't walk on the moon without knowing what the moon is.

First off, how can you claim anything that is supposedly not of the natural world (and imaginary I would say) as having "infinite" powers? How do you know where the limits are? You may want to believe in infinite (magical) powers, but unless you are still a child, you do need a serious reality check.

Secondly, your moon analogy is precisely why discussing anything of this nature with you is fruitless. If anybody claims that god and the moon have equal validity in terms of existence, they are corrupt in the mind and will never see past that warped lens of thought. Something as demonstrable as the moon, or sun, or planet is not applicable for arguments concerning god, angels, monsters under the bed... and so on. As long as imaginary friends or father figures are just a certain as planetary bodies, a rational discussion remains impossible. Grow up and use that organ between the ears that evolution has apparently wasted on you.

How would you counter my claim that to deny the tiny trolls that live in my heater vents and come out at night to clean out my cookie jar is to deny the existence of the moon?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
18-08-2015, 12:26 PM
(18-08-2015 11:52 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I've been saying to people for years that Fizban the Fabulous is god, but nobody will listen to me.
Woah wait, Fizban can also cast cleric spells? I call OP.
Developers, please nerf Fizban. Angry

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
18-08-2015, 12:31 PM
(18-08-2015 12:26 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 11:52 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I've been saying to people for years that Fizban the Fabulous is god, but nobody will listen to me.
Woah wait, Fizban can also cast cleric spells? I call OP.
Developers, please nerf Fizban. Angry

They tried.

They lost.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
18-08-2015, 01:07 PM
(18-08-2015 08:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. I've proven to my satisfaction that God exists, so asking you to prove He doesn't is reasonable.

That's not the way it works. You have to present evidence to us for your claim, then we evaluate it.

What you think of your evidence doesn't matter one tiny bit to our evaluation of it.

Your thinking is disturbingly contorted. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-08-2015, 01:33 PM
(08-04-2015 05:04 AM)Mage The Entertainer Wrote:  Jesus dying for our sins serves no purpose when its his daddy that requires the death penalty for though crimes and victim-less crimes in the first place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pl1AIbUois
His sacrifice is related to the sacrifices we are to make in not succumbing to temptation. His resurrection is related to the resurrection of the soul after coming to grips with the fact that there is a right and wrong, and strive for good instead of taking the easy road to continues wants of the flesh.
18-08-2015, 01:36 PM
(18-08-2015 01:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 05:04 AM)Mage The Entertainer Wrote:  Jesus dying for our sins serves no purpose when its his daddy that requires the death penalty for though crimes and victim-less crimes in the first place.
His sacrifice is related to the sacrifices we are to make in not succumbing to temptation. His resurrection is related to the resurrection of the soul after coming to grips with the fact that there is a right and wrong, and strive for good instead of taking the easy road to continues wants of the flesh.

It's a nice metaphor, until you remember that someone was nailed to a stick for it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
18-08-2015, 01:36 PM
(18-08-2015 01:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

Dude : are you high?

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes