Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(20-08-2015 08:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 07:51 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God uses terms and comparisons in the Bible to describe Himself as infinite, for example, the challenge to Abraham to number the stars of the universe.

Oh, God wrote the Bible? Do you have actual evidence of that?

Quote:PS. I get to define any terms about God I want when atheists are so illogical as to stridently insist that God cannot be defined!

Except no one said that. What has been said is that theists do not offer consistent or definitive definitions of their gods.

Quote:If YOU will first define what a "god" is so we can argue effectively, I can then step forward into a definition of "infinite" that works for us.

It is not up to us to define what your claim is. You are the one claiming a god, it is up to you to bloody well define it. Facepalm

And please do not offer us an incompetent definition of infinity - your math skills are too rudimentary for that and you will just embarrass yourself. Drinking Beverage

Regarding infinity and time, Chas, I'm sorry to inform you that regarding the Kalam argument for God you seem to remain horologically challenged. You are entitled to understand, as do I, that infinity plus one equals infinity, however, you are not entitled to misunderstand the prevailing wisdom of science that the universe does not have an infinite past.

Quote:What has been said is that theists do not offer consistent or definitive definitions of their gods.

Straw man. I'm here to discuss Jesus Christ, and we can start by defining Him as the only God. There is one--infinite--One.

Quote:It is not up to us to define what your claim is. You are the one claiming a god, it is up to you to bloody well define it. Facepalm

Obviously. Which is why I'm surprised atheists here avoided entering the Boxing Ring with me after first claiming the exercise would be impossible because I could not come up with a definition of Jesus Christ. I think they were rather afraid of the debate itself.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 11:52 AM
(26-08-2015 11:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
Quote:What has been said is that theists do not offer consistent or definitive definitions of their gods.

Straw man. I'm here to discuss Jesus Christ, and we can start by defining Him as the only God. There is one--infinite--One.

This is not definitive. It isn't even coherent.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
26-08-2015, 01:20 PM
(26-08-2015 11:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm here to discuss Jesus Christ, and we can start by defining Him as the only God. There is one--infinite--One.

Vishnu and Zeus and Allah beg to differ. Not to mention Yahweh, who is still pissed off about a mere mortal trying to impersonate him. He's a jealous God, you know.
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
26-08-2015, 02:10 PM
(20-08-2015 08:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  And please do not offer us an incompetent definition of infinity - your math skills are too rudimentary for that and you will just embarrass yourself. Drinking Beverage

Regarding infinity and time, Chas, I'm sorry to inform you that regarding the Kalam argument for God you seem to remain horologically challenged. You are entitled to understand, as do I, that infinity plus one equals infinity, however, you are not entitled to misunderstand the prevailing wisdom of science that the universe does not have an infinite past.

The Kalam arguement has been shown to be fallacious.

This observable universe does not appear to have an infinite past. So?
What came before it? How long do you claim your God was around before our universe existed?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-08-2015, 02:50 PM
(20-08-2015 08:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, God wrote the Bible? Do you have actual evidence of that?

Except no one said that. What has been said is that theists do not offer consistent or definitive definitions of their gods.

It is not up to us to define what your claim is. You are the one claiming a god, it is up to you to bloody well define it. Facepalm

And please do not offer us an incompetent definition of infinity - your math skills are too rudimentary for that and you will just embarrass yourself. Drinking Beverage

Quote:It is not up to us to define what your claim is. You are the one claiming a god, it is up to you to bloody well define it. Facepalm

Obviously. Which is why I'm surprised atheists here avoided entering the Boxing Ring with me after first claiming the exercise would be impossible because I could not come up with a definition of Jesus Christ. I think they were rather afraid of the debate itself.

Random quotes from a confused Q...

"I'm here to discuss Jesus Christ, and we can start by defining Him as the only God. There is one--infinite--One."

"because we cannot ever possibly come up with a definition for god."

"Not at all! I was just trying to impress on Mark that neither of us should waste our time in a debate"

"Which is why I'm surprised atheists here avoided entering the Boxing Ring with me "
[+] 6 users Like Mark Fulton's post
26-08-2015, 02:52 PM
(26-08-2015 02:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 11:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Regarding infinity and time, Chas, I'm sorry to inform you that regarding the Kalam argument for God you seem to remain horologically challenged. You are entitled to understand, as do I, that infinity plus one equals infinity, however, you are not entitled to misunderstand the prevailing wisdom of science that the universe does not have an infinite past.

The Kalam arguement has been shown to be fallacious.

This observable universe does not appear to have an infinite past. So?
What came before it? How long do you claim your God was around before our universe existed?

True. He obviously hasn't heard this.
26-08-2015, 03:22 PM
(20-08-2015 08:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, God wrote the Bible? Do you have actual evidence of that?

"I'm here to discuss Jesus Christ, and we can start by defining Him as the only God."

"I think they were rather afraid of the debate itself."

Ok, Q, let's go to the boxing ring to "discuss Jesus Christ." Waddya say?
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
26-08-2015, 03:31 PM
(26-08-2015 03:22 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ok, Q, let's go to the boxing ring to "discuss Jesus Christ." Waddya say?

Your eagerness to play chess with the forum pigeon astounds me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-08-2015, 05:13 PM
(26-08-2015 03:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 03:22 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ok, Q, let's go to the boxing ring to "discuss Jesus Christ." Waddya say?

Your eagerness to play chess with the forum pigeon astounds me.

What the hell, could be fun.

I need the practise.

If he plays ball I'll try to make it interesting. You know, like the coliseum.

I'll have to be terse though, I don't think his concentration span extends more than a few paragraphs.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
26-08-2015, 06:06 PM
(26-08-2015 05:13 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 03:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Your eagerness to play chess with the forum pigeon astounds me.

What the hell, could be fun.

I need the practise.

If he plays ball I'll try to make it interesting. You know, like the coliseum.

I'll have to be terse though, I don't think his concentration span extends more than a few words.

Fixed.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post