Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(28-08-2015 10:10 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:08 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You really don't seem to understand this whole "burden of proof" thing.

The question is not "why don't you believe?", but "why do you?"

You really don't seem to understand this whole "I'm respectfully inviting another poster to take me down the path they wish to" thing.

The question is not "why does Q believe" but "why do most people believe"?

Another fool who can't google for himself.

The inability to recognize and/or see past their biological predispositions.

Biological Essentialism
Teleological Thinking
Overactive Agency Detection
Dualism
Inability to Comprehend Vast Time Scales
Group Morality and Tribalism
Fear and the Need for Certainty

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-08-2015, 10:45 AM
(28-08-2015 10:00 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I am open--I hold nothing in reserve--if you have demonstrable evidence to indicate the non-existence of God. And since I consider Jesus the highest form of God, I would even settle for demonstrable evidence of the non-deity of Jesus to be reason enough to deconvert, not for another religion, but straight to atheism.

What are the other "forms of god" ? If Jebus is the "highest" ?

Nice try. You can't argue with anything, so you call people children.
We get how desperate you must be.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-08-2015, 10:50 PM
(28-08-2015 10:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 06:32 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Yep.

He won't even get on the roof with me. He's too scared he'll fall off.

Debate resolution for Mark to take the affirmative position against the entirety of the entity known as Q in the Boxing Ring:

Resolved: Many children are deliriously happy, so there is no God.

Come on Mark, how about it? You are SO sure there is no God, and often cite the suffering of children as one obvious reason God cannot logically (or in your case, emotionally) exist. So be consistent. Please meet me in the Boxing Ring where you will make the affirmative case that as each and every child experiences at times (they ALL do, you know) learning, happiness, joy, wonder, etc. that each instance of children's happiness and each moment of an adult's childlike wonder at it all firmly disproves a caring, loving God. I will of course, take the negative, and bring up the many, many examples I have where happy children prove God not only exists, but loves people.

Certainly, you may add what I just added to our debate resolution, and prove over and again, how each time you and other people experience pangs of happiness and childlike wonder at life, how it is that those instances show no god can possibly ever exist.

Thanks.

PS. Spare us all your vicious, rampant, unrepentant misotheism. Don't even waste my time or that of your atheist buddies with a rant about the suffering children do. WE ALL BELIEVE YOU. WE ALL KNOW THAT SOME CHILDREN SUFFER SOME, AND SOME MUCH. Now be consistent and fully defend your ideas. HOW DOES THE GENERAL HAPPINESS OF MOST CHILDREN--HAPPIER THAN MOST ADULTS ON THE WHOLE--DISPROVE THE EXISTENCE OF A LOVING, BENEVOLENT GOD.

I don't suppose Q can be banned for just being really stupid , can he?

The thinking here is so banal, so wrong, so crazy and inconsistent one can only assume the man is mildly mentally retarded.

(I think, but I'm not sure) he wants me to argue that the fact some kids are happy diproves the existence of God. Why he thinks I would be interested in supporting a non-sequitor such as this I do not know. Why he keeps asking people to prove that God doesn't exist, when we all admit it can't be done, is beyond me.

(I think, but I'm not sure) his position is that because kids are happy, God exists. How he hopes to make an argument for that, I have no idea.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
28-08-2015, 10:59 PM
(28-08-2015 10:00 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I am open--I hold nothing in reserve--if you have demonstrable evidence to indicate the non-existence of God. And since I consider Jesus the highest form of God, I would even settle for demonstrable evidence of the non-deity of Jesus to be reason enough to deconvert, not for another religion, but straight to atheism.

There may be evidence that Jesus died, but there is no credible evidence of his resurrection. Ergo, God is dead.

(28-08-2015 10:50 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I don't suppose Q can be banned for just being really stupid , can he?

It's more fun to laugh at him.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-08-2015, 11:35 PM
(28-08-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  And you are wrong.

And you are wrong.

You are humor-challenged.

No. You do not understand those concepts; you are unqualified to make statements of fact in those areas, or science in general.

I know that BB has the emotional control of a child, I was unaware how much you felt you needed to defend the child. He seems very intelligent (if rather confused and misguided). Needs your help this much, does he?

I am not defending Bucky, you dolt. I am defending ideas and criticizing your dreadful reading comprehension.

"whorologically" was word play. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-08-2015, 11:38 PM
(28-08-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  How the fuck would you know? Dodgy

Because my skepticism regarding atheists' claims keeps growing. Drinking Beverage

Atheists' claims: Atheists do not accept the theists' claims of gods.

What part of that are you skeptical of? Consider

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
28-08-2015, 11:40 PM
(28-08-2015 10:00 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:51 PM)Free Wrote:  Hi Q,

Personally, I have never had a bone to pick with you. To me, you are a typical theist whose belief system is indeed consistent with what has come down to us from the history of Christianity. You are normal in that respect.

Now in regards to "You cannot prove a negative," it is true regardless if you are a Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, or anything. It isn't an atheistic attribute, you see. It is just the normal logical process each of all share.

The reason we cannot prove a negative is because there is nothing observable in existence to prove in regards to the existence of God. With "negative" meaning "nothing," there is nothing observable to prove. So that's why we cannot prove a negative, and why you get faced with "The burden of proof is upon he who makes the positive claim of existence."

However, since we cannot prove a negative due to the lack of any observable physical evidence of the entity in regards to God, we can however use demonstrable evidence to indicate non existence.

Would you be open to exploring this method?

I am open--I hold nothing in reserve--if you have demonstrable evidence to indicate the non-existence of God.

You are as dense as lead. After all this time, you still do not comprehend that it is you making the claim - not us.

You are claiming the existence of something you call 'God'. We don't accept your claim. YOU HAVE THE BURDEN OF PROOF, NOT US.

Quote:And since I consider Jesus the highest form of God, I would even settle for demonstrable evidence of the non-deity of Jesus to be reason enough to deconvert, not for another religion, but straight to atheism.

You are a fucking dimwit.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-08-2015, 11:44 PM
(28-08-2015 10:50 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Debate resolution for Mark to take the affirmative position against the entirety of the entity known as Q in the Boxing Ring:

Resolved: Many children are deliriously happy, so there is no God.

Come on Mark, how about it? You are SO sure there is no God, and often cite the suffering of children as one obvious reason God cannot logically (or in your case, emotionally) exist. So be consistent. Please meet me in the Boxing Ring where you will make the affirmative case that as each and every child experiences at times (they ALL do, you know) learning, happiness, joy, wonder, etc. that each instance of children's happiness and each moment of an adult's childlike wonder at it all firmly disproves a caring, loving God. I will of course, take the negative, and bring up the many, many examples I have where happy children prove God not only exists, but loves people.

Certainly, you may add what I just added to our debate resolution, and prove over and again, how each time you and other people experience pangs of happiness and childlike wonder at life, how it is that those instances show no god can possibly ever exist.

Thanks.

PS. Spare us all your vicious, rampant, unrepentant misotheism. Don't even waste my time or that of your atheist buddies with a rant about the suffering children do. WE ALL BELIEVE YOU. WE ALL KNOW THAT SOME CHILDREN SUFFER SOME, AND SOME MUCH. Now be consistent and fully defend your ideas. HOW DOES THE GENERAL HAPPINESS OF MOST CHILDREN--HAPPIER THAN MOST ADULTS ON THE WHOLE--DISPROVE THE EXISTENCE OF A LOVING, BENEVOLENT GOD.

I don't suppose Q can be banned for just being really stupid , can he?

The thinking here is so banal, so wrong, so crazy and inconsistent one can only assume the man is mildly mentally retarded.

(I think, but I'm not sure) he wants me to argue that the fact some kids are happy diproves the existence of God. Why he thinks I would be interested in supporting a non-sequitor such as this I do not know. Why he keeps asking people to prove that God doesn't exist, when we all admit it can't be done, is beyond me.

(I think, but I'm not sure) his position is that because kids are happy, God exists. How he hopes to make an argument for that, I have no idea.

He can be banned for any reason that the admins deem appropriate. Drinking Beverage

He offers nothing here except an example of the damage religion does to people's minds.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-08-2015, 01:09 AM
(28-08-2015 11:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:50 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I don't suppose Q can be banned for just being really stupid , can he?

He can be banned for any reason that the admins deem appropriate. Drinking Beverage

He offers nothing here except an example of the damage religion does to people's minds.

Yes. He contributes nothing, because he expresses himself so poorly and is so thought disordered. And he imagines everyone is heaping shit on him only because he is a theist, whereas in reality we do it because he is so stupid.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
29-08-2015, 01:13 AM
(27-08-2015 03:34 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 02:51 PM)Free Wrote:  Hi Q,

Personally, I have never had a bone to pick with you. To me, you are a typical theist whose belief system is indeed consistent with what has come down to us from the history of Christianity. You are normal in that respect.

Now in regards to "You cannot prove a negative," it is true regardless if you are a Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, or anything. It isn't an atheistic attribute, you see. It is just the normal logical process each of all share.

The reason we cannot prove a negative is because there is nothing observable in existence to prove in regards to the existence of God. With "negative" meaning "nothing," there is nothing observable to prove. So that's why we cannot prove a negative, and why you get faced with "The burden of proof is upon he who makes the positive claim of existence."

However, since we cannot prove a negative due to the lack of any observable physical evidence of the entity in regards to God, we can however use demonstrable evidence to indicate non existence.

Would you be open to exploring this method?

Nice try. You're the 7th person to explain this to him, and some have tried a few times. Yet he still doesn't get it. I take my hat off to you for your persistence.

I knew he wouldn't understand you, even when you try to say it politely.