Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 04:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice
(04-09-2015 01:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 05:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well Jebus never said he was a deity. The authors of the gospels claimed he asked on the cross why his father had forsaken him. The fact is, there is nothing that could be presented to you Q, that would be sufficient to meet that requirement.

I still want to know what is the *medium and lower* "forms of god". If Jebus is the *highest*, then what exactly do those words mean.

(Oh nothing .... just like the rest of Q's drivel).

I don't know this Jebus you speak of, but I will answer YOUR question if you phrase it in the form of "Jesus Christ".

Thanks.

Excuses, excuses. Don't hold your breath.
Jebus is Lard. Thumbsup
It would be dishonest to call the fairy tale man the "Christ". He never got the job done, the "anointed one' was supposed to have accomplished.
Too bad you "grow weary" ... but ya see, fundamentalism is not the least bit compelling. In fact it's downright ignorance. Maybe you wouldn't be so weary if you found some new snake oil to peddle.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-09-2015, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 03:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-09-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 01:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So, do you have such evidence or no? I grow weary of atheist appeals to arguments from silence and speculative theory.

You really don't understand this whole "burden of proof" thing, do you?

He doesn't understand "proof" at all. Couldn't tell an axiom from his asshole. Is convinced that law of the excluded middle and its corollary the law of noncontradiction constitute absolute, universal truths. To the amusement of anyone who has even an elementary understanding of logic.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-09-2015, 05:47 PM
(04-09-2015 03:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You really don't understand this whole "burden of proof" thing, do you?

He doesn't understand "proof" at all. Couldn't tell an axiom from his asshole. Is convinced that law of the excluded middle and its corollary the law of noncontradiction constitute absolute, universal truths. To the amusement of anyone who has even an elementary understanding of logic.

If my Star Trek memory serves me, Q was essentially a character called in to fix continuity problems by just making shit up (certianly correct me if I am mistaken). Just like this Q.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
09-09-2015, 12:22 PM
(04-09-2015 01:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 01:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So, do you have such evidence or no? I grow weary of atheist appeals to arguments from silence and speculative theory.

You really don't understand this whole "burden of proof" thing, do you?

I do. And I further understand it requires extraordinary proof to prove God's existence and so on. However, as I've pointed out elsewhere, most arguments against the Bible are not made from historical context, opposing documents, etc. but arguments from silence and arguments rooted in sheer anti-metaphysical biases.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2015, 12:24 PM
(04-09-2015 03:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 01:49 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Mark, I'm literally unable to determine from your post whether you are ducking my challenge--or simply don't comprehend it. I mean that.

You have frequently resorted to childish "children suffer needlessly so there cannot be a loving God" statements--or perhaps not you, but your atheist friends have, and you've told me to pick (and have turned down) numerous debate resolutions already.

To be consistent as an atheist, you must be prepared to defend how there is no god because children suffer and also, you must be an atheist apologist because there are countless children who live lives of joy with little or no suffering involved.

I guess you are simply ducking the 6th (?) debate resolution I offered, choosing instead to make emotional appeals without being consistent enough to defend both sides of a given argument.

"To be consistent as an atheist, you must be prepared to defend how there is no god because children suffer"

This would be a pointless debate. You would simply make up stuff about how you know the mind of God. The same god who doesn't ever say or do anything. I would quite reasonably point out that your dumb and impotent god is only a figment of your imagination.

"you must be an atheist apologist because there are countless children who live lives of joy with little or no suffering involved." Huh

This is a non sequitur. It may have some convoluted coherency, but in your mind only.

If I asked you to discuss

"you must be a gynaecologist, because my grandmother eats lots of green apples"

you would have the same reaction I've had to your statement....a blank stare.

Let me help you. You have consistently used the fact that some children suffer to demonstrate (via an emotion-based argument not appropriate for a formal debate setting) that God does not exist.

Since some children suffer very little if at all, and even have tremendous, abiding joy, please explain why that doesn't mean God exists. After all, you say suffering proves the opposite.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
09-09-2015, 12:25 PM
(04-09-2015 03:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 01:51 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't know this Jebus you speak of, but I will answer YOUR question if you phrase it in the form of "Jesus Christ".

Thanks.

Excuses, excuses. Don't hold your breath.
Jebus is Lard. Thumbsup
It would be dishonest to call the fairy tale man the "Christ". He never got the job done, the "anointed one' was supposed to have accomplished.
Too bad you "grow weary" ... but ya see, fundamentalism is not the least bit compelling. In fact it's downright ignorance. Maybe you wouldn't be so weary if you found some new snake oil to peddle.

I don't know this Jebus you speak of, but I will answer YOUR question if you phrase it in the form of "Jesus Christ".

09-09-2015, 12:26 PM
(04-09-2015 05:47 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 03:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He doesn't understand "proof" at all. Couldn't tell an axiom from his asshole. Is convinced that law of the excluded middle and its corollary the law of noncontradiction constitute absolute, universal truths. To the amusement of anyone who has even an elementary understanding of logic.

If my Star Trek memory serves me, Q was essentially a character called in to fix continuity problems by just making shit up (certianly correct me if I am mistaken). Just like this Q.

I almost liked your post, because it was almost funny.

Rather, we Q were on the Star Trek sets to CAUSE continuity problems. And we enjoyed it. Presently, much of the Q collective is seeking to understand the phenomenon known as "atheists denying truth".

09-09-2015, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 12:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-09-2015 12:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I do. And I further understand it requires extraordinary proof to prove God's existence and so on. However, as I've pointed out elsewhere, most arguments against the Bible are not made from historical context, opposing documents, etc. but arguments from silence and arguments rooted in sheer anti-metaphysical biases.

There is no "proof" for a god, or faith would be unnecessary. The only reason you are unfamiliar with arguments against the Bible, is that you have no real Biblical education. You have failed to address even one of the arguments from the archaeology video I posted. You are totally incompetent to even begin discussing the subject of the Bible.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-09-2015, 12:32 PM
(09-09-2015 12:22 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I do. And I further understand it requires extraordinary proof to prove God's existence and so on. However, as I've pointed out elsewhere, most arguments against the Bible are not made from historical context, opposing documents, etc. but arguments from silence and arguments rooted in sheer anti-metaphysical biases.

And this is another meaningless dodge.

"Prove that Jesus wasn't God" is a pointless demand when it has not yet been established that he was.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
09-09-2015, 04:49 PM
(09-09-2015 12:24 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ... You have consistently used the fact that some children suffer to demonstrate ... that God does not exist.

Since some children suffer very little if at all, and even have tremendous, abiding joy, please explain why that doesn't mean God exists. After all, you say suffering proves the opposite ...

Substitute something else that doesn't exist for the word "god" and what's wrong with your logic is made plain:

You have consistently used the fact that some children suffer to demonstrate ... that universally available comprehensive medical care does not exist.

Since some children suffer very little if at all, and even have tremendous, abiding joy, please explain why that doesn't mean universally available comprehensive medical care exists. After all, you say suffering proves the opposite ...
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post