Jesus Christ, calm your tits.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2016, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 11:16 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Jesus Christ, calm your tits.
(18-11-2016 10:55 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 10:16 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Can anyone tell me Trump says he will sign this into law, even if it were to pass? I just saw a interview with him saying that that law has "has already been decided".

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/do...age-231310

Moms could maybe tell you more. I was basically repeating her statement: "[Trump] has vowed to sign it into law".

The republicans sponsoring the bill, they're very confident it will pass both the house and senate were saying they had assurances from the president elect he would sign it into law as soon as it came across his desk.

Trump, in the interview was referring to the Supreme Court decision, but if he does get to place more than one judge, you can be quite certain a conservative leaning court will totally gut them both. Any judge who is appointed claiming to be "pro-life" will almost certainly lean toward being for limiting gay rights.

Either trump is willfully ignorant of the legal process or he's blowing smoke...Either way his "picks" which I doubt will be "his picks" but someone else's that he'll rubber stamp, will be there for life. Which could set back rights for many people and not just LGBTQ.

While campaigning he spoke to Catholics saying he would sign it into law.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...egislation

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-relea...-catholics

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-11-2016, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 11:42 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
This was from the press release by trump...see my post above this for the link to the link to the press release

Quote: If I am elected president and Congress passes the First Amendment Defense Act, I will sign it to protect the deeply held religious beliefs of Catholics and the beliefs of Americans of all faiths. The Little Sisters of the Poor, or any religious order for that matter, will always have their religious liberty protected on my watch and will not have to face bullying from the government because of their religious beliefs.

18-11-2016, 11:32 AM
(18-11-2016 11:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This was from the press release by trump...

Quote: If I am elected president and Congress passes the First Amendment Defense Act, I will sign it to protect the deeply held religious beliefs of Catholics and the beliefs of Americans of all faiths. The Little Sisters of the Poor, or any religious order for that matter, will always have their religious liberty protected on my watch and will not have to face bullying from the government because of their religious beliefs.

Here we go again with Christians (a substantial majority of Americans) whining about being persecuted. What they really want is complete freedom to persecute others.
[+] 7 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2016, 11:35 AM
(18-11-2016 11:32 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 11:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This was from the press release by trump...

Here we go again with Christians (a substantial majority of Americans) whining about being persecuted. What they really want is complete freedom to persecute others.

I've said it for years now they won't be happy until they have their own version of sharia law.

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-11-2016, 12:02 PM
(18-11-2016 11:32 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

When you were free to force primitive bullshit onto others for so long it is easy to see even slightest pushback as violent discrimination.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
18-11-2016, 01:57 PM
(18-11-2016 11:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This was from the press release by trump...see my post above this for the link to the link to the press release

So does that mean that gay marriage will be illegal, or that churches don't have to cater to gay weddings?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-11-2016, 02:08 PM
(18-11-2016 01:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 11:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This was from the press release by trump...see my post above this for the link to the link to the press release

So does that mean that gay marriage will be illegal, or that churches don't have to cater to gay weddings?

I was just reading (in Dan Savage's column) that it's highly unlikely that existing gay marriages will be overturned, for two reasons: (1) It's really hard to undo a marriage that was legal at the time it happened; (2) The Supreme Court just recently made a ruling in favor of gay marriage, and they rarely reverse their own decisions, especially not in such a short time frame.

I don't think many churches have catered to gay weddings anyway -- certainly not the Catholic church (the only one I'm very familiar with). I would guess that most gay marriages have been witnessed by civil courts rather than clergy.
18-11-2016, 02:10 PM
(18-11-2016 02:08 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 01:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So does that mean that gay marriage will be illegal, or that churches don't have to cater to gay weddings?

I was just reading (in Dan Savage's column) that it's highly unlikely that existing gay marriages will be overturned, for two reasons: (1) It's really hard to undo a marriage that was legal at the time it happened; (2) The Supreme Court just recently made a ruling in favor of gay marriage, and they rarely reverse their own decisions, especially not in such a short time frame.

I don't think many churches have catered to gay weddings anyway -- certainly not the Catholic church (the only one I'm very familiar with). I would guess that most gay marriages have been witnessed by civil courts rather than clergy.

And knowing trump he might just abandon it. after all this is the second time the lost the popular vote and still won the electoral college.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-11-2016, 02:18 PM
(18-11-2016 02:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 02:08 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I was just reading (in Dan Savage's column) that it's highly unlikely that existing gay marriages will be overturned, for two reasons: (1) It's really hard to undo a marriage that was legal at the time it happened; (2) The Supreme Court just recently made a ruling in favor of gay marriage, and they rarely reverse their own decisions, especially not in such a short time frame.

And knowing trump he might just abandon it. after all this is the second time the lost the popular vote and still won the electoral college.

Yeah, I think Trump said a lot of stuff to win votes that he really doesn't intend to do. I hope so, anyway.

Do you mean the second time the Republicans have lost the popular vote and won the EC? Because Trump has only had one chance.
18-11-2016, 02:27 PM
(18-11-2016 11:35 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 11:32 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Here we go again with Christians (a substantial majority of Americans) whining about being persecuted. What they really want is complete freedom to persecute others.

I've said it for years now they won't be happy until they have their own version of sharia law.

The religious right voted for trump hoping this would happen. They were willing to look past his insanity, lies and disgusting behavior in the belief that the US will return to the 1950's. When this doesn't happen , as Grasshopper just wrote, they're going to be sorely disappointed, but in the meantime they're putting all their eggs in trump's basket and causing a lot of consternation for many people.

One thing they can't ever do now is point to Bill Clinton's behavior. They've lost the moral high ground with trump and his pussy grabbing little hands.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post