Jesus Christ, calm your tits.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, calm your tits.
That's why we all need to support Planned Parenthood.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
19-11-2016, 09:34 AM
(19-11-2016 09:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's why we all need to support Planned Parenthood.

Yes, Dom. I sent Planned Parenthood $35.00 in honor of Mike Pence. Pence's office will receive a "certificate of honor" in his name sent to his Washington office. I'm going to do it next month too.......as a fucking Christmas present!

Fuck Mike Pence........and his little dog too!!! Angry

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-11-2016, 10:06 AM
(19-11-2016 09:34 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 09:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  That's why we all need to support Planned Parenthood.

Yes, Dom. I sent Planned Parenthood $35.00 in honor of Mike Pence. Pence's office will receive a "certificate of honor" in his name sent to his Washington office. I'm going to do it next month too.......as a fucking Christmas present!

Fuck Mike Pence........and his little dog too!!! Angry

I ask for a pardon for the dog - I bet s/he is practicing the most extreme version of birth control.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
19-11-2016, 01:06 PM
(19-11-2016 05:24 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 05:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It's enough of an issue that it has come up in court, and rulings have been made to prevent this sort of thing from happening. I guess that was all unnecessary? You may not care if Christians gain power and institute their own version of sharia law. I care very much. That's not a society I want to live in, and I think it's a real threat with the soon-to-be-current administration.

Christians are not persecuted in America, unless you define "persecution" as "we can't enforce our moral code on everyone else". When they start proposing legislation to stop this sort of "persecution", and Congress and the President both say "OK, seems reasonable", I find it worrisome.

Busybodies are bringing stupid crap to court all the time. You can't turn on cable TV or satellite (Anyone still have those?) without seeing stupid court cases, so I would say that that is a poor measurement of determining how widespread this problem is. It's non-sense. And to say that I don't mind living under the equivalent of Christian Sharia Law is laughable. Supposing your premise is true, that somewhere some girls in some small towns have difficulty buying birth-control pills is equivalent as having religious police executing people for saying the wrong thing, reading the wrong thing, wearing the wrong thing, or thinking the wrong thing - if you think these types of things are even remotely comparable than you have the worst judgement of anyone I have ever meet. You have lost all objectivity, and frankly the comparison should be far more insulting to women, and all decent people really, than any issues they may have with me because I don't see this as a problem worth addressing by mandating federal laws.

One leads to the other, and I'm not the one mandating federal laws. The Christians are. Read the link I posted earlier. Legislation has already been proposed that would effectively make it OK for Christians to discriminate against those who don't share their beliefs, and both our Congress and our soon-to-be-President are OK with it! I'm not making anything up -- it is already happening, and promises to get worse. The wolves have been handed the key to the pasture gate.

This is not even my biggest worry. I am considerably more worried about the threatened weakening of environmental protection. But that's another discussion for another time.
19-11-2016, 01:37 PM
(19-11-2016 01:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 05:24 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Busybodies are bringing stupid crap to court all the time. You can't turn on cable TV or satellite (Anyone still have those?) without seeing stupid court cases, so I would say that that is a poor measurement of determining how widespread this problem is. It's non-sense. And to say that I don't mind living under the equivalent of Christian Sharia Law is laughable. Supposing your premise is true, that somewhere some girls in some small towns have difficulty buying birth-control pills is equivalent as having religious police executing people for saying the wrong thing, reading the wrong thing, wearing the wrong thing, or thinking the wrong thing - if you think these types of things are even remotely comparable than you have the worst judgement of anyone I have ever meet. You have lost all objectivity, and frankly the comparison should be far more insulting to women, and all decent people really, than any issues they may have with me because I don't see this as a problem worth addressing by mandating federal laws.

One leads to the other, and I'm not the one mandating federal laws. The Christians are. Read the link I posted earlier. Legislation has already been proposed that would effectively make it OK for Christians to discriminate against those who don't share their beliefs, and both our Congress and our soon-to-be-President are OK with it! I'm not making anything up -- it is already happening, and promises to get worse. The wolves have been handed the key to the pasture gate.

This is not even my biggest worry. I am considerably more worried about the threatened weakening of environmental protection. But that's another discussion for another time.

I want Christians to be able to discriminate against me, and I want to have the right to discriminate against them. Why in the hell would you want to force someone to profit from you who actually hates you for being different?

19-11-2016, 01:44 PM
(19-11-2016 06:09 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 05:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Really?

Trust is not the issue here. If you cannot, or won't (in the case of your grandparents), then you cannot make online purchases with cash alone.

It sounds like your grandparents would be fortunate enough to afford a car, and could make the trip if they needed. If only everyone was so fortunate....

A pharmacist has no more right to insert their religion into someone else's medical decisions than a waiter can insert their religion into the diet of their guests.

I included people like my grandparents to highlight that your stats probably lead you to believe that 7% if Americans cannot get to a pharmacy where they can get their prescriptions, and that is not even close to true. The fact that you recognize people like my grandparents were able to drive where they needed proves my point exactly.

Your last sentence shows exactly how we see this "problem". I'd consider it unethical and morally reprehensible to force someone to stock and sell things that was against their beliefs. Put yourself in their shoes for one second - You want the government to force people to disobey an all-knowing, all powerful, all perfect, creator of everything. You just don't see it that way because you don't believe what they do. If I believed that, I would disobey the government long before my god. When no one intervenes no one is forced to do anything against their will.

This argument sounds reasonable on the surface, but it doesn't hold up. The government intervenes all the time -- it prevents people from robbing and murdering each other, from endangering each other by driving too fast or too recklessly, etc. -- and if it didn't, we would have complete anarchy.

A law requiring a pharmacist to dispense birth control medication is only forcing him to do his job. If doing so is against his religious beliefs, he should not be a pharmacist at all -- just as a pacifist should not join the Army, and someone who believes that alcohol is sinful should not be a bartender. It makes no sense to become a bartender and then refuse to serve anything but water and soft drinks, and I don't think you or anyone else would see that as a reasonable course of action.

Also, one of the things they would like to do is prevent evolution from being taught in schools, or mandating that "creation science" should be given equal time -- because it is against their religious beliefs to have what everyone else knows to be correct science taught to their children. If they get their way, the result would be that everyone's children would grow up scientifically illiterate. It goes both ways, you know. They like to protest about "being forced" to go against their religious beliefs, but they have no problem at all forcing those beliefs on the rest of us.

I have always been a "live and let live type" when it comes to religion -- I have never been a militant atheist. But I am about to become one. If they insist on shoving their religion down my throat, I'm going to push back.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
19-11-2016, 01:52 PM
(19-11-2016 01:37 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 01:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  One leads to the other, and I'm not the one mandating federal laws. The Christians are. Read the link I posted earlier. Legislation has already been proposed that would effectively make it OK for Christians to discriminate against those who don't share their beliefs, and both our Congress and our soon-to-be-President are OK with it! I'm not making anything up -- it is already happening, and promises to get worse. The wolves have been handed the key to the pasture gate.

I want Christians to be able to discriminate against me, and I want to have the right to discriminate against them. Why in the hell would you want to force someone to profit from you who actually hates you for being different?

It goes way beyond any question of profit. They want to tell me what I must believe, what I can or can't teach my children, who I can or can't marry, what kinds of sexual activity I'm allowed to practice in the privacy of my bedroom with another consenting adult, that I'm not allowed to have sex without committing to spending the rest of my life raising an unwanted child, etc. Those aren't the kinds of things where I can just say "You go your way and I'll go mine". They want to force me to live my life in accordance with their beliefs and their moral code, and there oughtta be laws against that. If we agree that laws in general are good and necessary, then laws preventing them from forcing their religion on me should certainly be among them.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
19-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Drugstore owners never agreed to follow the rules you are wanting to force on them. Why should they be expected to follow them? Alright then, lets say you don't care about what I would call fairness and disregard that point. Let's take your unicorn example of some poor destitute girl who can only access one drugstore, and it so happens the one accessible drugstore won't provide birth control pills...then you ultimately, through government force, tell the drugstore owner they can either surrender their freedom or provide her the drugs. The owner, not wanting to disobey god, decides to shut down the business. Well shit, now think of all those other unicorns living in the town! They can't get medicine they need to stay alive! What kind of monster are you for killing all of those innocent little old ladies!

19-11-2016, 02:34 PM
(19-11-2016 01:37 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 01:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  One leads to the other, and I'm not the one mandating federal laws. The Christians are. Read the link I posted earlier. Legislation has already been proposed that would effectively make it OK for Christians to discriminate against those who don't share their beliefs, and both our Congress and our soon-to-be-President are OK with it! I'm not making anything up -- it is already happening, and promises to get worse. The wolves have been handed the key to the pasture gate.

The problem is the way that bill is written, you won't be able to discriminate against them. You'll have no recourse. And they can sue the government to preserve their religious belief.

If you want to enter a drug program they can legally refuse you. Ditto homeless shelters can refuse. Both can affect atheists if they're forced to sign something that affirms the belief of god. Some drug programs that recieve federal funding already have those forms printed out, they just can't use them until the law goes into effect. Right now if they accept federal money they can't do that.

If you're not married and have children they can legally bar you from public housing. Again, you've got no recourse, because they've taken away your protections.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-mar...a-steroids

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2016, 02:35 PM
(19-11-2016 02:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Drugstore owners never agreed to follow the rules you are wanting to force on them. Why should they be expected to follow them? Alright then, lets say you don't care about what I would call fairness and disregard that point. Let's take your unicorn example of some poor destitute girl who can only access one drugstore, and it so happens the one accessible drugstore won't provide birth control pills...then you ultimately, through government force, tell the drugstore owner they can either surrender their freedom or provide her the drugs. The owner, not wanting to disobey god, decides to shut down the business. Well shit, now think of all those other unicorns living in the town! They can't get medicine they need to stay alive! What kind of monster are you for killing all of those innocent little old ladies!

I'll admit that maybe that wasn't the most convincing example (although I didn't just make it up either -- this is a real issue that has gone to court), but see my other recent posts for some better ones. Too many religious people see "religious freedom" as the freedom to shove their beliefs and moral codes down everyone else's throats (or, as olb put it, the freedom to burn witches), and when the government starts to adopt that viewpoint, I start to get alarmed. We are closer to theocracy than you are admitting, and it scares me.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post