Jesus Christ, calm your tits.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2016, 05:15 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, calm your tits.
(20-11-2016 05:10 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Unless the business owner operates without a license, entirely outside the jurisdiction of the government, and without the benefit of any public infrastructure or beneficial regulations? Your unfettered regulation-free private business owner is nothing more than a Libertarian wet dream.

Laughat

I agree with part of what your saying, there are far too many regulations and government interventions that make it too difficult for small-business owners to be successful.

Indeed. All those regulations keeping the air and water clean, forcing small business owners to wash their hands before handling food, all that useless dross.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-11-2016, 05:29 AM
(20-11-2016 05:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:10 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I agree with part of what your saying, there are far too many regulations and government interventions that make it too difficult for small-business owners to be successful.

Indeed. All those regulations keeping the air and water clean, forcing small business owners to wash their hands before handling food, all that useless dross.

We've had the same issue here in the UK with Brexit. The European Union was accused of strangling small business with red tape. Quite what regulations they were no one ever said. It was only ever 'red tape' and 'small business'.

Yet these regulations didn't naturally accumulate like a waste by-product. Each one was brought in for a specific reason to protect something. So if you ever asked them what exact regulation they were referring to, they'd never know. It was only ever 'red tape'.

Corporations (not small businesses) want rid of them because they reduce their profit margins. They lobby politicians (or create political parties as with the UKIP here in the UK) to fight against these regulations. This requires a media company to sell the concept of evil red tape strangling small business. Because how can you argue against an ill defined concept that suggests a loss of freedom? And people repeat what they hear from the media without really thinking through what it actually means.

Take Germany for example. That country is a Redtape-ocracy. Yet the standard of living is extremely high. The US could do with more regulations, not fewer.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-11-2016, 05:37 AM
(20-11-2016 05:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:10 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Laughat

I agree with part of what your saying, there are far too many regulations and government interventions that make it too difficult for small-business owners to be successful.

I am obviously speaking with someone who has never had to jump the hurdles that small business owners must jump. It goes a little bit further than "wash your hands and don't pollute the water".

20-11-2016, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2016 05:43 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Just for the record, I think doctrinal Libertarianism is insipid, and I used to pass a lot of time on this forum triple-teaming a Stefan Molyneux apologist (good old Luminon) with the help of Revenant77 and cjlr.

If anyone was ever curious about that quote in Rev's signature?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

Well, now you know.

Good times. Drinking Beverage

20-11-2016, 05:40 AM
(20-11-2016 05:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed. All those regulations keeping the air and water clean, forcing small business owners to wash their hands before handling food, all that useless dross.

We've had the same issue here in the UK with Brexit. The European Union was accused of strangling small business with red tape. Quite what regulations they were no one ever said. It was only ever 'red tape' and 'small business'.

Yet these regulations didn't naturally accumulate like a waste by-product. Each one was brought in for a specific reason to protect something. So if you ever asked them what exact regulation they were referring to, they'd never know. It was only ever 'red tape'.

Corporations (not small businesses) want rid of them because they reduce their profit margins. They lobby politicians (or create political parties as with the UKIP here in the UK) to fight against these regulations. This requires a media company to sell the concept of evil red tape strangling small business. Because how can you argue against an ill defined concept that suggests a loss of freedom? And people repeat what they hear from the media without really thinking through what it actually means.

Take Germany for example. That country is a Redtape-ocracy. Yet the standard of living is extremely high. The US could do with more regulations, not fewer.

I could say that Germany could learn a lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism, but I wouldn't because I don't give a fuck what Germany does because I am not a German. Germans can do as they wish. Americans will do as they wish.

20-11-2016, 05:46 AM
(20-11-2016 05:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just for the record, I think doctrinal Libertarianism is insipid, and I used to pass a lot of time on this forum triple-teaming a Stefan Molyneux apologist (good old Luminon) with the help of Revenant77 and cjlr.

Good times.

If it's so stupid and easily refuted you should be able to handle one-on-one combat, no? That's just a cheap way to Argumentum ad Nauseum (I'm pretty well at my limit for the moment as well, I must admit). You boast triple-teaming someone as if that's something to boast about.

For the record, I don't consider myself to be a Libertarian, and I don't like Stefan Molyneux. When I say I am libertarian, I use lowercase "l" as I am not using it as a noun, but an adjective, like liberal or conservative. I am a Classical Liberal, if I'm choosing a label.

20-11-2016, 05:48 AM
(20-11-2016 05:37 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed. All those regulations keeping the air and water clean, forcing small business owners to wash their hands before handling food, all that useless dross.

I am obviously speaking with someone who has never had to jump the hurdles that small business owners must jump. It goes a little bit further than "wash your hands and don't pollute the water".

You would think that, wouldn't you? Weeping

20-11-2016, 05:49 AM
(20-11-2016 05:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I could say that Germany could learn a lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism, but I wouldn't because I don't give a fuck what Germany does because I am not a German. Germans can do as they wish. Americans will do as they wish.

And what lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism would that be?
20-11-2016, 05:51 AM
(20-11-2016 05:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just for the record, I think doctrinal Libertarianism is insipid, and I used to pass a lot of time on this forum triple-teaming a Stefan Molyneux apologist (good old Luminon) with the help of Revenant77 and cjlr.

Good times.

If it's so stupid and easily refuted you should be able to handle one-on-one combat, no? That's just a cheap way to Argumentum ad Nauseum (I'm pretty well at my limit for the moment as well, I must admit). You boast triple-teaming someone as if that's something to boast about.

For the record, I don't consider myself to be a Libertarian, and I don't like Stefan Molyneux. When I say I am libertarian, I use lowercase "l" as I am not using it as a noun, but an adjective, like liberal or conservative. I am a Classical Liberal, if I'm choosing a label.

How can one make a logical fallacy when they're not making an argument? Are personal opinions no longer allowed? Laughat

20-11-2016, 05:54 AM
(20-11-2016 05:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I could say that Germany could learn a lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism, but I wouldn't because I don't give a fuck what Germany does because I am not a German. Germans can do as they wish. Americans will do as they wish.

And what lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism would that be?

Read John Stuart Mill or Milton Friedman. They are better teachers than I ever could be.