Jesus Christ, calm your tits.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2016, 05:55 AM
RE: Jesus Christ, calm your tits.
(20-11-2016 05:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  If it's so stupid and easily refuted you should be able to handle one-on-one combat, no? That's just a cheap way to Argumentum ad Nauseum (I'm pretty well at my limit for the moment as well, I must admit). You boast triple-teaming someone as if that's something to boast about.

For the record, I don't consider myself to be a Libertarian, and I don't like Stefan Molyneux. When I say I am libertarian, I use lowercase "l" as I am not using it as a noun, but an adjective, like liberal or conservative. I am a Classical Liberal, if I'm choosing a label.

How can one make a logical fallacy when they're not making an argument? Are personal opinions no longer allowed? Laughat

You're claiming that you're not making an argument now?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2016, 06:20 AM
(20-11-2016 05:54 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  And what lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism would that be?

Read John Stuart Mill or Milton Friedman. They are better teachers than I ever could be.

So actually you can't name any lessons but it's just a case of 'Murica Yeah!

Thought so.
20-11-2016, 06:23 AM
(20-11-2016 06:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:54 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Read John Stuart Mill or Milton Friedman. They are better teachers than I ever could be.

So actually you can't name any lessons but it's just a case of 'Murica Yeah!

Thought so.

Yeah, you successfully translates what I REALLY meant. Rolleyes

20-11-2016, 06:26 AM
(20-11-2016 05:10 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Unless the business owner operates without a license, entirely outside the jurisdiction of the government, and without the benefit of any public infrastructure or beneficial regulations? Your unfettered regulation-free private business owner is nothing more than a Libertarian wet dream.

Laughat

I agree with part of what your saying, there are far too many regulations and government interventions that make it too difficult for small-business owners to be successful.

Bullshit. Small-business owners just lazy, good-for-nothing parasites who lack the work ethic necessary to pull themselves up by the bootstraps.

Laughat

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
20-11-2016, 06:28 AM
(20-11-2016 06:23 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 06:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So actually you can't name any lessons but it's just a case of 'Murica Yeah!

Thought so.

Yeah, you successfully translates what I REALLY meant. Rolleyes

I don't know what you really meant because you never said it.
20-11-2016, 06:34 AM
(20-11-2016 05:55 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How can one make a logical fallacy when they're not making an argument? Are personal opinions no longer allowed? Laughat

You're claiming that you're not making an argument now?

Well, let's take a look at what I said.

Quote:Just for the record, I think doctrinal Libertarianism is insipid, and I used to pass a lot of time on this forum triple-teaming a Stefan Molyneux apologist (good old Luminon) with the help of Revenant77 and cjlr.

Good times.

How about you tell me what part of that is a formal argument, rather than a personal opinion. That's okay, I'll wait.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-11-2016, 06:36 AM
(20-11-2016 06:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 06:23 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yeah, you successfully translates what I REALLY meant. Rolleyes

You have taken upon yourself to determine that I didn't say what I meant? Clearly you don't need me for this conversation to continue.

20-11-2016, 06:44 AM
(20-11-2016 06:36 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 06:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't know what you really meant because you never said it.

You have taken upon yourself to determine that I didn't say what I meant? Clearly you don't need me for this conversation to continue.

Want me to put it in a big bold font in large colours? The theists seem to think it makes things easier to understand.

So let's try once again. This time without you answering with a vague appeal to authority.

(20-11-2016 05:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:40 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I could say that Germany could learn a lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism, but I wouldn't because I don't give a fuck what Germany does because I am not a German. Germans can do as they wish. Americans will do as they wish.

And what lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism would that be?
20-11-2016, 07:17 AM
(20-11-2016 06:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 06:36 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You have taken upon yourself to determine that I didn't say what I meant? Clearly you don't need me for this conversation to continue.

Want me to put it in a big bold font in large colours? The theists seem to think it makes things easier to understand.

So let's try once again. This time without you answering with a vague appeal to authority.

(20-11-2016 05:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  And what lesson from Capitalism and Utilitarianism would that be?

You don't know what an appeal to authority is, and trying to insinuate that I'm akin to a theist and therefore stupid or irrational because I don't agree with you is just being a dick.

I never said my philosophy was better than yours because Milton Friedman or John Stuart Mill held the same philosophies, I said you could learn better from them than myself.

Please take a moment to read what an Appeal to Authority actually is:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

20-11-2016, 07:32 AM
Right, so you can't actually answer my question. I have tried twice now and not received an answer. It looks like you're just trying to win a debate by saying anything that works as a response rather than actually knowing what you are talking about.

So getting back to the original point about regulations and how FADA can discriminate against people, it seems like you don't really have any kind of informed opinion about it except that it is consistent with how you have been conditioned.

You are a perfect example of why America is fucked.