Jesus Christ, calm your tits.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2016, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2016 10:26 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: Jesus Christ, calm your tits.
(12-11-2016 09:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Trump wont be that bad.
You lost guys (it's not my country so I can bail out of this sinking ship), suck it up. Lord Dark Helmet won, that's how democracy works. Some years you win some you don't. That is the system we live in. Be thankful that you're still far better off than a lot of people in the world.

And can we please be realistic here. Move to Canada? Nuclear weapons being deployed? WW3? Holocaust? I mean seriously do you people hear yourselves?
You know what you sound like? Those red neck's that protested Obama 8 years ago screaming that Obama's gonna end the world.

Liberals can be such fucking hypocrites at times. Freedom of rights and speech and all that hippy gay shit, but only when it suits you.

I'm not saying Trump is going to be a good president. I mean, you guys are fucked. But he's really not gonna be life threatening bad that everyone is making it out to be. I mean have you actually read his policies? Like, have you actually thought about what they are outside TV telling you what they are and taking an extreme stand point on them?

Example. He doesn't want to ban Muslims entering the country. He wants to put stricter visa processes on countries where terrorists reside.

Yet ask some liberal anti-Trump fuck and you'd think Trump wanted to ban all Muslims and kick out the ones that have been living in the US for generations.

He wants to deport aliens who commit crimes. How is this a bad thing!?? Like.. seriously... how is that a bad policy?? Or is it only bad because it's coming out of Trumps mouth?

He wants UN countries to pay their fair share. And wants countries such as Japan to be able to defend themselves. What's so bad about this!?? Seriously? This is brilliant, I fully support this. Its about time the US didn't have a monopoly on military might and countries like Japan should be able to defend themselves. The US taxpayer is paying for the entire OECD's security right now, it's not fair on the US taxpayer.

You guys are gonna take a swerve to the right for the next four years. You might hate it but that's the way it works. Deal with it. Doesn't mean the world's ending and doesn't mean WW3 is gonna start.

Just you wait, if Trump gets a sniff of your OP he’s going to find a place for you in his cabinet. Secretary of Cunts or some such thing. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-11-2016, 08:48 AM

I tend to agree that we won't see WW3 or the use of nukes (unless, of course, Trump puts his coffee down on the big red button thinking it's a cup holder - yes, I'm kidding), but the bottom line is we don't really know what Trump is going to do. He's a pathological liar so nothing he said or says can be believed. Reports are saying that he's already backing down somewhat from many of his campaign promises. That's not really surprising since he's now facing the reality of his governmental position, but it's just more proof that what Trump says he will do is meaningless. So we really can't say whether this will be just another Republican President or something far different. We can't say whether it will be just inconvenient or a total disaster. What we do know is the possibilities are wide open because Republicans have control of everything and Trump - a narcissistic, selfish, bigotted lunatic - is in the lead position. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not comfortable assuming it won't be that bad.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 6 users Like Impulse's post
14-11-2016, 10:12 AM

I just pray to God he doesn't die.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-11-2016, 10:28 AM
(14-11-2016 10:12 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I just pray to God he doesn't die.

That's my worry. He needs to take good care of himself for the next four years, and keep his head down.
14-11-2016, 10:52 AM
If he goes back on his promises enough, his followers might exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. That's a remark he made that goes both ways, but he didn't think of that when he said it. I don't condone any such action, BTW. I'm less concerned now that he's showing his true colors and backing off of his promises on immigration.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-11-2016, 11:00 AM
(14-11-2016 10:52 AM)Fireball Wrote:  If he goes back on his promises enough, his followers might exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. That's a remark he made that goes both ways, but he didn't think of that when he said it. I don't condone any such action, BTW. I'm less concerned now that he's showing his true colors and backing off of his promises on immigration.

Except that he stated he's wanting to nominate a supreme court judge who will reverse roe v wade. This pisses me off.

There are plans for a Million Woman March on Washington on his inauguration day. Off hand, I know two women who are going, along with their husbands so guys are welcome too. One of the ladies is taking a bus load of people and I might be on that bus. (I'm kinda nutty when it comes to flying.)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-11-2016, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2016 11:16 AM by Grasshopper.)
(14-11-2016 11:00 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 10:52 AM)Fireball Wrote:  If he goes back on his promises enough, his followers might exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. That's a remark he made that goes both ways, but he didn't think of that when he said it. I don't condone any such action, BTW. I'm less concerned now that he's showing his true colors and backing off of his promises on immigration.

Except that he stated he's wanting to nominate a supreme court judge who will reverse roe v wade. This pisses me off.

The Republicans have wanted to do this all along, though, so it's not surprising. The only difference is opportunity -- they will now have a Republican President + Republican majorities in both houses of Congress (with the "insurance" of a fundamentalist Christian VP to break any tie that might occur in the Senate, where the Republican majority isn't as pronounced) + a current vacancy on the court (which they refused to fill during Obama's term, even though it's their fucking job to do so) + 2 liberal justices with a high probability of retiring or dying within the next 2-4 years. I don't remember the last time all of those factors have co-existed, if they ever have.

ETA: This is the primary reason why this election was so important, but a lot of Democrats either didn't realize it or didn't care, and thus didn't bother to vote. The stupid fucks.
14-11-2016, 12:14 PM
All the more reason to write your congresscritters and representatives, especially if they are Republicans, urging them to do the right thing and reject a conservative judge. I plan on it.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Damn, the chicken little quotient is quite high.

The left really only has themselves to blame for DT in the WH. Just some highlights:
- The Dem party rigged it for a mediocre polarizing figure who actually wanted DT to win the repub nomination.
- HC met DT in the depths of political discourse instead of hammering issues and solutions.
- The left's PC culture has swung way too far and alienated a large portion of the middle
- the many examples of the media pushing HC instead of staying on the sideslines and reporting facts again alienated a large portion of the middle.

That said, their are some sizable risks to DT in the WH:
- I hope that he'll go moderate with the Supreme Court. Despite Pence, I hope that he'll take a moderate position on abortion but we'll see. DT hasn't talked like a fundamentalist. Sure he wanted their votes but I don't think he is overly religious himself.
- In his 60 minute interview he said that same sex marriage was approved and had no interest in overturning it.
- I do think a major reset is in order on the world stage. Why some people think he'll start WWIII when HC was responsible in part for some pretty major fuck ups including Syria is strange to me. She's a bigger warhawk than he is.
- Immigration, this comes down to rule of law. If you are in the US illegally, he feels that comes with repercussions. Equal law enforcement for all even those who flaunt email policies is his platform. If you disagree, then the laws need to be changed but he is talking enforcement of existing laws.

It is shameful that 47% of the eligible population didn't vote. a fucking disgrace in my eyes. Additionally, the protests are fine, rioting is not. Defacing/destroying public property is not. He isn't even in office now, how about getting angry when he does something real? If people continue to just want to riot/beat up/destroy without an actual policy in place, when you do so in response to an actual policy of his, you've already lost some of my sympathy.

Overall, it really doesn't matter whether HC or DT is in the WH, the economy will be a disaster. We have too much debt(public and private), too few tax payers, a mfg economy on the decline, and an aging population that will be a large burden on the public/private infrastructure and services. No matter who won, they will have been vilified for presiding over an economic downturn that will be epic. Neither one will be to blame as the new president is being handed a much bigger shit sandwich than Obama got.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
14-11-2016, 01:46 PM
You lost guys (it's not my country so I can bail out of this sinking ship), suck it up. Lord Dark Helmet won, that's how democracy works. Some years you win some you don't. That is the system we live in. Be thankful that you're still far better off than a lot of people in the world.

And can we please be realistic here. Move to Canada? Nuclear weapons being deployed? WW3? Holocaust? I mean seriously do you people hear yourselves?
You know what you sound like? Those red neck's that protested Obama 8 years ago screaming that Obama's gonna end the world.

Liberals can be such fucking hypocrites at times. Freedom of rights and speech and all that hippy gay shit, but only when it suits you.

I'm not saying Trump is going to be a good president. I mean, you guys are fucked. But he's really not gonna be life threatening bad that everyone is making it out to be. I mean have you actually read his policies? Like, have you actually thought about what they are outside TV telling you what they are and taking an extreme stand point on them?

Example. He doesn't want to ban Muslims entering the country. He wants to put stricter visa processes on countries where terrorists reside.

Yet ask some liberal anti-Trump fuck and you'd think Trump wanted to ban all Muslims and kick out the ones that have been living in the US for generations.

He wants to deport aliens who commit crimes. How is this a bad thing!?? Like.. seriously... how is that a bad policy?? Or is it only bad because it's coming out of Trumps mouth?

He wants UN countries to pay their fair share. And wants countries such as Japan to be able to defend themselves. What's so bad about this!?? Seriously? This is brilliant, I fully support this. Its about time the US didn't have a monopoly on military might and countries like Japan should be able to defend themselves. The US taxpayer is paying for the entire OECD's security right now, it's not fair on the US taxpayer.

You guys are gonna take a swerve to the right for the next four years. You might hate it but that's the way it works. Deal with it. Doesn't mean the world's ending and doesn't mean WW3 is gonna start.

After the Eight of Hate this is just funny.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user