Jesus Christ, calm your tits.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 05:00 PM
RE: Jesus Christ, calm your tits.
(16-11-2016 04:25 PM)doc88401 Wrote:  Trump is not and never was going to do any of the crazy stuff he said in his campaign. He was just throwing red meat to the far right of the GOP.
Besides, there are three branches of government, not just one, you know the checks and balances thing that we learned about in civics class, or did some of you sleep through that?

Yes, and all three branches are now (or soon will be) controlled by the Republican party. What checks and balances? They have been given a license to do whatever they want. And a lot of what they want to do is pretty scary to those of us who haven't swallowed the Kool-Aid.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
16-11-2016, 05:56 PM
(16-11-2016 05:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 04:25 PM)doc88401 Wrote:  Trump is not and never was going to do any of the crazy stuff he said in his campaign. He was just throwing red meat to the far right of the GOP.
Besides, there are three branches of government, not just one, you know the checks and balances thing that we learned about in civics class, or did some of you sleep through that?

Yes, and all three branches are now (or soon will be) controlled by the Republican party. What checks and balances? They have been given a license to do whatever they want. And a lot of what they want to do is pretty scary to those of us who haven't swallowed the Kool-Aid.

That license is up for renewal in 2 years. If the Republicans lose their narrow majority in the Senate, then the Supreme Court is safe from extremists.

Get out and vote in 2 years. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
16-11-2016, 06:31 PM
And make sure your congresscritters and representatives know your opinion. email, letter, fax, whatever!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
16-11-2016, 07:56 PM
(15-11-2016 07:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi Muffs. How much is NZ trading with China? The big concern here now seems to be Trump have said he wished to wage war on Chinese economic policy or something.

Yea he wants to punish them for manipulating currency or whatever.
We trade with China a lot. They're not our biggest, you guys are. But I mean they're top 5 or so.

I'm not worried.

(16-11-2016 12:14 PM)Ash Wrote:  Ahh who cares if abortion is illegal! It just means that women won't have control over their bodies, and be forced to give birth. No big deal, right? Why should they have a right to their bodies. Democracy has decided they shouldn't, and democracy should be what we always go by.

And so what if gays are discriminated against? They'll survive it! Nevermind the fact that gay teen suicides will be on the rise, and those people can't be brought back to life. Or the fact that it'll embolden hompophobes to allow discrimination.

50% of this country... well actually more like 25%, and even then it's more like 24%.... because half the people didn't even vote, and Trump didn't even win the popular vote... will it, so obviously we should just go along with it. Yep. If half the country wants to deny rights to people on the basis of their gender or sexual orientation, they should TOTALLY go for it.

Democracy son. You might not like it but that's how it works.

Quote:but, you know, better cause muffs ain't the well-spoken.

Says the hillbilly. I has all the good english son. Nobody speaks the better englishes than me believe me.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-11-2016, 08:37 PM

muffsy Wrote:Says the hillbilly. I has all the good english son. Nobody speaks the better englishes than me believe me.

I told people, and look, I don't need the credit, but I did say it before everyone else, and they tell me, "Your English is the best English." And it's incredible, and great, and it is so great that they come to me and tell me that it is great. They say "You're English is incredible", and I said it years ago, but it isn't that important, although it is something I am VERY proud of. It's a beautiful thing, how incredible my English is. You know it, I know it, everyone knows how great it is. And some people, I won't name names, but they they don't like to talk about how great my English is, and they are soooo dishonest, and it's a shame. It really is. I mean, it's obvious, and look folks, they don't even try to hide it. They know how great it is, but that won't report on it, but they know. My English is beautiful. Thank you!

[+] 7 users Like Dark Light's post
16-11-2016, 08:49 PM
(16-11-2016 08:37 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

muffsy Wrote:Says the hillbilly. I has all the good english son. Nobody speaks the better englishes than me believe me.

I told people, and look, I don't need the credit, but I did say it before everyone else, and they tell me, "Your English is the best English." And it's incredible, and great, and it is so great that they come to me and tell me that it is great. They say "You're English is incredible", and I said it years ago, but it isn't that important, although it is something I am VERY proud of. It's a beautiful thing, how incredible my English is. You know it, I know it, everyone knows how great it is. And some people, I won't name names, but they they don't like to talk about how great my English is, and they are soooo dishonest, and it's a shame. It really is. I mean, it's obvious, and look folks, they don't even try to hide it. They know how great it is, but that won't report on it, but they know. My English is beautiful. Thank you!

<wipes a tear from an eye> That was just beautiful! You running for prexy in 2020? You have the bigly words, the best words; I'd vote for you! Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
16-11-2016, 09:25 PM

You made me cry that was so damn funny.

Unless....

No...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-11-2016, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2016 08:23 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
You keep saying "democracy won", but you're also assuming that our democracy is a healthy democracy. I do not believe it is, considering the Trump tape barely made a dent in his support, not to mention all of the other batshit crazy things he said, like suggesting Obama isn't a U.S. citizen. Furthermore there are all sorts of warning signs that he does not fundamentally believe in democracy, and so the fact that those warning signs were ignored even further shows that our democracy may not necessarily be a healthy one.
[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
17-11-2016, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2016 09:09 AM by GirlyMan.)

You make much more sense after I watched this.

"Instead of saying "cliff" we say "clit". Blink

Smart mountain women scare Girly. Dipthong my ass.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-11-2016, 08:39 AM
(16-11-2016 05:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-11-2016 05:00 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yes, and all three branches are now (or soon will be) controlled by the Republican party. What checks and balances? They have been given a license to do whatever they want. And a lot of what they want to do is pretty scary to those of us who haven't swallowed the Kool-Aid.

That license is up for renewal in 2 years. If the Republicans lose their narrow majority in the Senate, then the Supreme Court is safe from extremists.

Get out and vote in 2 years. Thumbsup

Oh, I plan to. But that's assuming that Ginsburg and Kennedy can last two more years. And even then we can only hope for moderates at best -- because Trump won't be nominating/appointing any liberals. And we're going to get at least one extremist right away.

Also, the Wisconsin senator who's up for re-election in 2 years is a Democrat, so the best we can do there is maintain the status quo. It will be up to other states to make any changes. We had a chance to make a change this time, but the morons in my state re-elected the Republican senator.Hobo