Jesus Christ is a dishonest dicksucking Cunt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 02:49 PM by Wicked Clown.)
RE: Jesus Christ is a dishonest dicksucking Cunt
(27-07-2014 02:32 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Instead of saying "thank you Jesus" try changing it to "thank you Santa."
Sounds ridiculous right?
The only difference between the two is the name, the end results are exactly the same.

All of history dates from Christ (B.C.)

He is the most influential person in History. More people have given their life to him and died for him than Napolean Bonaparte, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or any other Historical figure.

The Bible continues to be the best seller. Santa Clause is maybe influential to some prepubescent children.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Quote:I haven't been able to have faith in the nonexistence of God.

Faith is not required for disbelief.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
27-07-2014, 02:48 PM
(27-07-2014 02:46 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(27-07-2014 02:32 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  Instead of saying "thank you Jesus" try changing it to "thank you Santa."
Sounds ridiculous right?
The only difference between the two is the name, the end results are exactly the same.

He is the most influential person in History. More people have given their life to him and died for him than Napolean Bonaparte, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or any other Historical figure.

The Bible continues to be the best seller. Santa Clause is maybe influential to some prepubescent children.

Worshipping, praying to, and praising either one will get you the same results.
27-07-2014, 02:50 PM
That hasn't entirely been my experience.

I come to Atheist forums in search of the truth but sorry for annoying you with the belief or fear of God that I cannot shake. I let people know my faults because the only way to overcome a problem is to be honest about it, seek help, and talk about it.

When people are in a marriage, friendship, or some other relationship, and an issue comes up, and one or more parties refuse to talk about it, there will be no resolution.

So I just lay it out and if it freaks people out or annoys them, at least they know not to hang out with me cuz they'll find out sooner or later.
27-07-2014, 02:59 PM
(27-07-2014 02:50 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  That hasn't entirely been my experience.

I come to Atheist forums in search of the truth but sorry for annoying you with the belief or fear of God that I cannot shake. I let people know my faults because the only way to overcome a problem is to be honest about it, seek help, and talk about it.

When people are in a marriage, friendship, or some other relationship, and an issue comes up, and one or more parties refuse to talk about it, there will be no resolution.

So I just lay it out and if it freaks people out or annoys them, at least they know not to hang out with me cuz they'll find out sooner or later.

You're not annoying me at all, I'm trying to help you see what believing in god does for you.
If you prayed to The Flying Spaghetti Monster every night before bed, the law of averages will give you a certain amount of positive results. Any other outcomes can be written off as FSM's will, he works in mysterious ways.
There is no difference between the two except that one has been around longer than the other.
You have been extensively trained to believe in god, it can take some time to undo that.
27-07-2014, 02:59 PM
(27-07-2014 02:46 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
Sounds ridiculous right?

These are logical fallacies.

Firstly and foremost, history doesn't date and revolve around christ. There are various methods used with historians and the scientific world. Perhaps you should read up on those. It also is completely irrelevant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_era
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Era

To add to that, if we had a mythological unicorn that was well documented in history and people were convinced that the unicorn existed and developed methods of determining historical dates and called them "BU" and "AU" (before unicorn and after unicorn) would you suddenly believe in it simply because of it?

As well, even if a historical jesus existed, how would that prove that he is necessarily the son of god? Did mohammad exist? Was he inspired by god? Was he a real prophet? What about vishnu? Ra? Shiva?

Your other fallacy is Appeal to Masses or the Bandwagon Fallacy, meaning that just because a lot of people like something, believe in something or agree with something that it is therefore true.

If you wish to appeal to this fallacy, then we need to consider that The Qu'Ran must also be true because a lot of people believe in it, or that Dianetics is a correct book which would mean that Scientology is also true because a lot of people follow it. However, just because a lot of people are interested in them does not make them true.

Your logic is flawed.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
27-07-2014, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 03:10 PM by Wicked Clown.)
Well either way, for those who believe that God is love, I can use their Bible as evidence that God is an ASSHOLE!

....and a child killer!

Maybe one of the first steps to deconverting a Bible believer or getting them to shut the fuck up with their proselytizing, is to show them the proof that God is a sociopathic tyrant!
27-07-2014, 03:09 PM
(27-07-2014 03:06 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Well either way, for those who believe that God is love, I can use their Bible as evidence that God is an ASSHOLE!

....and a child killer!

Maybe one of the first steps to deconverting a Bible believer or getting them to shut the fuck up with their proselytizing, is to show them the proof that God is a sociopathic tyrant!

The god of the bible would have to exist in order for him to be a child killer and an asshole. However, yes, it is fun to use it as an example that the supposed god people worship would in fact be a complete asshole. However, it is difficult to be mad at something that you're not convinced exists.

(edit) to reply to the edit you made: There is no "magic bullet" to deconverting someone, or one specific thing. Belief in a religion is a support system. Just as with any support system, cult support system, or emotional support system, there is not one thing that allows people to adopt it, but many things. This means that in essence, a person must have several pillars of their support system fall before they will revert to something else.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
27-07-2014, 04:37 PM
(27-07-2014 02:03 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  Sadly, personal experience, what I would consider evidence like what I thoroughly studied and watched documentaries on the Miracle of the Sun in Fatima Portugal witnessed by 70,000 people and prophesied about in advance, and what Doctors who had no Religious persuasion have said about miracles they witnessed at the pilgrimage site at Lourdes France.

Here's an article offering some non-god explanations for the events at Fatima:
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4110

As for Lourdes, how many amputees have been healed there? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.