Jesus Christ was an Alien

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Jesus Christ was an Alien
I think that, given the evidence, Jesus could have been an alien on Earth.

Any technology advanced enough could be considered supernatural or magical like Jesus' miracles.

Virgin birth == in utero fertilization.

The Transfiguration could have been hologram devices, or even an advanced metaphysical way to speak with the dead!

Every miracle could've been an advanced technology.

Praying to God was using his communication device. It all makes sense, kind of.

Motives for coming?
He could have been sent by a benevolent alien race to spread kindness among man, and we went and were human and killed him.

He could've been the result of a dying race with one last spurt of sperm to continue their legacy, and the legacy continued in Mary with Gabriel being the captain of the spacecraft.

Lastly, he could have been a selfish alien that was stuck here and is being worshiped like a cargo cult.

Of course theirs no EVIDENCE, but all possible.

Your thoughts on my ponderings?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 04:45 PM
RE: Jesus Christ was an Alien
(17-11-2013 04:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I think that, given the evidence, Jesus could have been an alien on Earth.

Any technology advanced enough could be considered supernatural or magical like Jesus' miracles.

Virgin birth == in utero fertilization.

The Transfiguration could have been hologram devices, or even an advanced metaphysical way to speak with the dead!

Every miracle could've been an advanced technology.

Praying to God was using his communication device. It all makes sense, kind of.

Motives for coming?
He could have been sent by a benevolent alien race to spread kindness among man, and we went and were human and killed him.

He could've been the result of a dying race with one last spurt of sperm to continue their legacy, and the legacy continued in Mary with Gabriel being the captain of the spacecraft.

Lastly, he could have been a selfish alien that was stuck here and is being worshiped like a cargo cult.

Of course theirs no EVIDENCE, but all possible.

Your thoughts on my ponderings?

It would make more sense if the gospel reports were in reverse order. The God-man stuff was tacked on later so that kind of burns the alien cargo cult angle. If anyone was a selfish Alien looking to form a cult it was Paul of Tarsus, Now that guy fits your narrative a lot better than Jesus.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-11-2013, 04:46 PM
So I guess you're not an Eric von Daniken fan? Wink

Sorry, I'm still pretty new. It might take me a while to get everyone's sense-o-humors.

The easiest one to dismiss is the in vitro fertilization, assuming you believe the DNA on the shroud of turin was XX. Where did you find these?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
17-11-2013, 04:49 PM
(17-11-2013 04:46 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  So I guess you're not an Eric von Daniken fan? Wink

Sorry, I'm still pretty new. It might take me a while to get everyone's sense-o-humors.

The easiest one to dismiss is the in vitro fertilization, assuming you believe the DNA on the shroud of turin was XX. Where did you find these?

I don't actually believe all that, but I'm just wondering. Still, DNA can be modified and the aliens in question where pretty advanced, so I say implanted mission goals and in utero fertilization are still on the table.
17-11-2013, 05:09 PM
But you're assuming that the human transcribed scriptures are unaltered faithful copies of whatever was written down - i.e. that the events such as virgin birth did actually happen, were transcribed as eyewitness accounts and did not suffer any alteration in the centuries of transcription and amalgamation and editing that followed. It's far less problematic to not postulate extra stuff like aliens, and explain the scriptures as human hyperbole.

As you say, it could happen, but it could have been the Mole Overlords too - it's hardly that illuminating.

Mind you, Arthur C Clarke has at least one story that I can remember involving biblical events being dim recollections of alien visitations.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-11-2013, 06:27 PM
(17-11-2013 05:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  But you're assuming that the human transcribed scriptures are unaltered faithful copies of whatever was written down - i.e. that the events such as virgin birth did actually happen, were transcribed as eyewitness accounts and did not suffer any alteration in the centuries of transcription and amalgamation and editing that followed. It's far less problematic to not postulate extra stuff like aliens, and explain the scriptures as human hyperbole.

As you say, it could happen, but it could have been the Mole Overlords too - it's hardly that illuminating.

Mind you, Arthur C Clarke has at least one story that I can remember involving biblical events being dim recollections of alien visitations.

I'd like to here more about the mole overlords... Tongue

As I said on another thread, a lot of the Bible is factually confirmed by other sources, so who's not to say that the more personal accounts aren't real, to a degree?

The alien Gods smile on me, Their prophet!
Worship SlavesLecture_preistLecture_preistLecture_preistEinstein
17-11-2013, 11:26 PM
(17-11-2013 06:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  As I said on another thread, a lot of the Bible is factually confirmed by other sources, so who's not to say that the more personal accounts aren't real, to a degree?

Some true =/= mostly true or all true. We know personal accounts are the most doubtful of any kind of evidence.

Anyway, by all means carry on. The more people posit aliens etc as an explanation, the more ridiculous faith becomes even in the eyes of a believer Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Too much evidence for Jesus being retrofitted to suit a crowd controlling cult, layered onto an even older crowd controlling cults doctrine.
The only thing to ponder now is whether there really was an actual Person named Jesus they based the stories on.

Of course Aliens could have visited us in the past, or though that thought usually belittles the accomplishments of our ancestors.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-11-2013, 12:44 AM
(17-11-2013 11:40 PM)sporehux Wrote:  The only thing to ponder now is whether there really was an actual Person named Jesus they based the stories on.

The "mythstory" is unlikely to have been invented out of whole cloth. There would have been many people claiming to be the mossiach at the time Jesus of Nazareth was supposed to have lived.

I think the Melanesian cargo cults are useful specimens for learning how oral traditions develop myths. The John Frum cult is believed to be based on a US WWII serviceman that visited Tanna in some official capacity. I watched one documentary on this cult and historical records showed there was no John Frum (or similar names) stationed in Melanesia. The historian of the documentary conjectured that John Frum was a modification of "John from USA" or "John from America" or "John from Navy" or some such phrase. That some of the cultists know John as "John From" would appear to be supportive of that conjecture. John Frum has over time acquired all sorts of attributes but the core of the myth is factual: there were large numbers of US servicemen in Vanuatu during WWII and they did import supplies by air and sea. It is plausible to suppose that one or more of these servicemen interacted with the natives, perhaps giving them some food or other items. The John Frum myth will continue to change and grow and the cultists are still waiting for his return.

I think a similar think has happened with the Jesus mythstory.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post
18-11-2013, 12:56 AM
(18-11-2013 12:44 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 11:40 PM)sporehux Wrote:  The only thing to ponder now is whether there really was an actual Person named Jesus they based the stories on.

I think the Melanesian cargo cults are useful specimens for learning how oral traditions develop myths. The John Frum cult

The " John Frum America" that's, amazing, ive never heard of it before, even had their own, Jesus (one of them), tortured in public.

If I ever get deserted on an island Ill claim to be "John Frum"

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".