Jesus Christ was an Alien

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: Jesus Christ was an Alien
(25-11-2013 06:28 PM)Lawls Wrote:  Maybe those Egyptian sun-halo things that you always see Jesus and the apostles with in paintings, were their environment helmetsShocking.
Also let's not forget, he ascended like in a TRACTOR BEAM! haha.This just proves that the Bible is so primitive and insane that you can make it fit any theory.

Oh my damn you're right!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2013, 12:03 AM
For the OP, been there done that. Stories like these made me realise that anything can be said about scripture and was the tip of the iceberg that sunk my religious beliefs.

All these ideas amount to the same think: Revivals. Religion makes absolute statements like "The creation story is literal". Then science, logic and reason comes and says no that's just not true. Then the religious say "No, it was a metaphor. The stories were aligorical". All that just to keep the faith. Then the ancient astronaught theories come in. Its like saying Pokemon is based on real creatures. They're the creatures that existed and died with the dinosaurs.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 2 users Like BlackMason's post
04-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Jesus Christ was an Alien
Aliens are the *new* god after science debunked the bible...it's just the latest. First it was the sun...then a bunch of gods in the sky, then one god etc....
25-01-2014, 12:57 AM
(17-11-2013 04:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I think that, given the evidence, Jesus could have been an alien on Earth.

...while not impossible, there is also no good reason to think it true or vene likely. The simplest explanation for jesus remains "myth and legend".

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
02-08-2014, 08:47 PM
(17-11-2013 04:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 04:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I think that, given the evidence, Jesus could have been an alien on Earth.

Any technology advanced enough could be considered supernatural or magical like Jesus' miracles.

Virgin birth == in utero fertilization.

The Transfiguration could have been hologram devices, or even an advanced metaphysical way to speak with the dead!

Every miracle could've been an advanced technology.

Praying to God was using his communication device. It all makes sense, kind of.

Motives for coming?
He could have been sent by a benevolent alien race to spread kindness among man, and we went and were human and killed him.

He could've been the result of a dying race with one last spurt of sperm to continue their legacy, and the legacy continued in Mary with Gabriel being the captain of the spacecraft.

Lastly, he could have been a selfish alien that was stuck here and is being worshiped like a cargo cult.

Of course theirs no EVIDENCE, but all possible.

Your thoughts on my ponderings?

It would make more sense if the gospel reports were in reverse order. The God-man stuff was tacked on later so that kind of burns the alien cargo cult angle. If anyone was a selfish Alien looking to form a cult it was Paul of Tarsus, Now that guy fits your narrative a lot better than Jesus.

I quite agree. I've also noted the messianic references in the Superman saga, Kalel sent by Jorel to benefit the human race.

Other 'miracle' type phenonena, such as telephathy, ESP, healings, etc., could then also be attributed to alien influence. I assume you have seen the Star Trek TNG episode 'Who Watches the Watchers'?... One of the classic episodes in television that provides a neat, one hour presentation of how, indeed, all human religious history has described what is, in fact, superior aliens observing the prime directive as... gods!
02-08-2014, 09:10 PM
(17-11-2013 06:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 05:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  But you're assuming that the human transcribed scriptures are unaltered faithful copies of whatever was written down - i.e. that the events such as virgin birth did actually happen, were transcribed as eyewitness accounts and did not suffer any alteration in the centuries of transcription and amalgamation and editing that followed. It's far less problematic to not postulate extra stuff like aliens, and explain the scriptures as human hyperbole.

As you say, it could happen, but it could have been the Mole Overlords too - it's hardly that illuminating.

In an 'Ockham's razor' approach, it surely is not NECESSARY to postulate aliens, but on the other hand, it is also not beyond possibility. IF the prophets and apostles thought that they were describing actual events they had witnessed, then alien intelligence could account for many miracles [for that matter, could Jesus have himself been a shapeshifter ala Odo from Deep Space Nine, who appeared at times as a 30-something prophet-carpenter, at other times as a burning bush, at other times as a talking donkey, or, possibly even, yes, as a Mole Overlord. Smile ] There may well be other non-biblical unexplained events for which alien visitation is as plausible an explanation as any, Malaysian 370 being just one of the more recent. What I would like to know is why we so often find 'alien' existence so less plausible than other things. Considering how little we know about the age and size of the universe [or whether there are now multiple parallel universes, or cyclical universes], is it not very very bold of us and maybe even a bit arrogant to postulate that there could be NO LIFE beyond our own solar system and surely no beings more 'advanced' than our own human race???

Mind you, Arthur C Clarke has at least one story that I can remember involving biblical events being dim recollections of alien visitations.

I'd like to here more about the mole overlords... Tongue

As I said on another thread, a lot of the Bible is factually confirmed by other sources, so who's not to say that the more personal accounts aren't real, to a degree?

The alien Gods smile on me, Their prophet!
Worship SlavesLecture_preistLecture_preistLecture_preistEinstein
02-08-2014, 11:09 PM
(02-08-2014 09:10 PM)brett1974 Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 06:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I'd like to here more about the mole overlords... Tongue

As I said on another thread, a lot of the Bible is factually confirmed by other sources, so who's not to say that the more personal accounts aren't real, to a degree?

Bro,
1. fix your quote tags.
2. the point of Ockham's razor is to *not* make extra assumptions without justification. Aliens are a big fucken assumption. Unless you can justify it... it's not worthy of attention.

Welcome to TTA Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-08-2014, 11:23 PM
(02-08-2014 11:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Bro,
1. fix your quote tags.
2. the point of Ockham's razor is to *not* make extra assumptions without justification. Aliens are a big fucken assumption. Unless you can justify it... it's not worthy of attention.

Welcome to TTA Smile
Ty for the welcome. As I am new I confess I don't know the rules about 'quote tags'??
03-08-2014, 01:00 AM
(02-08-2014 11:23 PM)brett1974 Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 11:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bro,
1. fix your quote tags.

Welcome to TTA Smile
Ty for the welcome. As I am new I confess I don't know the rules about 'quote tags'??

Your reply in your previous post is wrapped in quote tags and makes it look like you quoted your reply. You'll want to make sure the [/quote] tag is before your reply.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." - Woody Allen
03-08-2014, 07:11 AM
(17-11-2013 06:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I'd like to here more about the mole overlords... Tongue

A lot of Harry Potter is factually confirmed by other sources, who's not to say that magic doesn't exist? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user