Jesus: Did People Needed Something More Human or More Humane...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Jesus: Did People Needed Something More Human or More Humane...
Driving into Tulsa today I noticed yet another Jesus bumper sticker. Common as dirt here in Oklahoma. It got me to thinking, why did they make up Jesus? Was god not enough, they needed something else to worship? Or maybe god was too abstract an idea so they wanted something more human to relate to or maybe just something more humane?

Why do you think Jesus was invented?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
19-05-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Jesus: Did People Needed Something More Human or More Humane...
The Jesus mythos served the purposes of the Roman Empire at the time, it's political base and influence grew and was the primary authority to fill the leadership vacuum when the empire fell.

With this power structure in place, the Catholic church was able to cement it's leadership in European culture to dominate and even propagate the Dark Ages as it exercised it's power over the people.

In America, the Protestant influence could flourish out of the shadow of the RCC. The Protestant cults exploded in the US and beleaguer the country to this day.

You can cherry pick whatever variety of Christianity that suits you, just pick up the bible, make a bunch of claims and have a charismatic personality to push your interpretation of Christianity, you're well on your way to tax-free millionaire status where the IRS turns a blind eye to any financial scam you can come up with that has the religion label.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post
19-05-2016, 08:38 PM
I always thought he was a copy of the many demigods or half human-half gods that littered Europe and Northern Africa around the time Christianity was created. I think humans just like the idea of a heroic figure who would save us but mostly they were literally saving us like Hercules or Perseus but with Christians he was saving our souls.

I honestly find the entire idea of human blood sacrifice totally abhorrent but back then it was a pretty popular offering, if it wasn't a person it would be an animal or crops. I just think the power of that image, a god-man giving up his life is romantic in a way but at the same time he didn't really die, he came back, ascended to Heaven, and still lives much like other demi gods who had to prove their worth.

If you read enough mythology and theology you start to see the patterns, Jesus wasn't the first of his kind but maybe us humans just like an idol to worship who isn't a perfect immortal wizard, they should be Earthbound and mortal...at least for a little while. So you have your half god man, you have us sinful heathens, you have miracles, some hippie love stuff and then you have death and resurrection, put it all together and let simmer for a 100 years and you got a messiah!

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
19-05-2016, 08:49 PM
(19-05-2016 08:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Was god not enough, they needed something else to worship?

Jesus is God Yahweh. He just had to find out what physical pain and physical death are. How can someone be an exalted God and not know what physical pain or death is?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
19-05-2016, 08:57 PM
(19-05-2016 08:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 08:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Was god not enough, they needed something else to worship?

Jesus is God Yahweh. He just had to find out what physical pain and physical death are. How can someone be an exalted God and not know what physical pain or death is?

Shocking

but, he's supposed to be god, all seeing, all knowing. He didn't know what pain and death was... not even after all those centuries before Jesus. Seriously?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
19-05-2016, 08:59 PM
(19-05-2016 08:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Are you saying god was made in our image?
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
19-05-2016, 09:03 PM
(19-05-2016 08:57 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 08:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jesus is God Yahweh. He just had to find out what physical pain and physical death are. How can someone be an exalted God and not know what physical pain or death is?

Shocking

but, he's supposed to be god, all seeing, all knowing. He didn't know what pain and death was... not even after all those centuries before Jesus. Seriously?

God's a little slow.... Dodgy
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
19-05-2016, 09:27 PM
(19-05-2016 08:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  ...
Why do you think Jesus was invented?

Why was Trump invented?

The establishment party elite held all the cards and made all the decisions which were propagated to the rank and file by the mainstream media.

People wanted to get access to the God-club without having to marry a Jew and having the end of their knobs sliced off.

Anyone for crucifixion?

Blink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-05-2016, 10:00 PM
(19-05-2016 08:57 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 08:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jesus is God Yahweh. He just had to find out what physical pain and physical death are. How can someone be an exalted God and not know what physical pain or death is?

Shocking

"That's just one of the Mysteries." Drinking Beverage Heard that from a nun when I was 11. BS meter spun out and fell over. I was still under the influence of xtianity, even though I doubted for decades.
19-05-2016, 10:10 PM
The fundamental concept of the monotheistic God is so basic that I'm not surprised it was such primitive people who invented him. It goes something like this:

A human has some knowledge, God has all the knowledge (omniscient)
A human has some power, God has all the power (omnipotent)
A human loves some people, God loves everyone (omnibenevolent)
A human occupies some space, God occupies all space (omnipresent)

And so on and so forth. God is basically a human with all his positive and neutral qualities increased to infinity. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post