Jesus Freak friend confronted me over facebook likes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2013, 09:52 PM
RE: Jesus Freak friend confronted me over facebook likes
Even if you don't out yourself as a non-believer, it seems fair to at least out yourself as pro-LGBT and/or marriage equality.

(20-12-2013 09:46 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  As for answering, I'm not quite ready to announce it to the world. If my wife thought I was a different person for two weeks after I told her, and even contemplated divorce, and I live with the woman, she knows I am the same person and now we have a great relationship. I can't imagine what my friends in the US are going to think of me.

My wife rang my sister and told her "I would have preferred he told me he was gay". Still, we made it through all that Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
20-12-2013, 10:12 PM
(20-12-2013 09:52 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  My wife rang my sister and told her "I would have preferred he told me he was gay". Still, we made it through all that Wink
My wife said the same thing. But then my wife is very gay-friendly, even though she joined the headless chickens in support for Phil Robertson in FB.

She then realized that I had become a nicer person as an unbeliever (I wasn't chauvinistic, didn't expect her to be submissive, spent more time with the kids, etc)
She doesn't want to talk about religion for the time being, she feels offended every time we talk about it.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
20-12-2013, 10:23 PM
(20-12-2013 11:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  He not got any right to tell you what not to like and what to like. He wanna live your life for you ? Tell him "Fuck off, dick, you already got your own life, why you wanna tell me how to live mine? My life is my facebook, and you wanna take it away from me ? Not bloody likely!"

O.o
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
20-12-2013, 10:33 PM
I think you handled this quite well!
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
20-12-2013, 10:35 PM
(20-12-2013 10:33 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I think you handled this quite well!

Thanks soulless ginger Smile

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
21-12-2013, 01:07 AM
(20-12-2013 11:21 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  He's a big Ray Comfort follower.

Aaaaand we're done. The only reason to keep this man on your friends list is to talk him out of running for public office in the future if he makes an attempt.

The Homobananis species must not spread.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
21-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Please use spoilers next time you're going to post an image of that size, djkamilo.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-12-2013, 10:22 AM
His ranting and concern belies his true feelings about the power of FB. He doesn't seem to truly believe his own words: "Facebook...doesn't change people's lives at all."

When George Takei isn't making me LOL, he actually has provided me with some much needed insight.

As for family and friends, I've learned more about who these people are from FB than I ever had before it existed. There are things they are sharing there I would only hear about if they happened to remember to bring it up at a family gathering. And those are happening less often lately. I actually feel closer to my more distant relatives than ever before.

Then again, I'm talking about the folks who are sharing things like pix of their pets or school plays, not political or religious calls to arms.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
21-12-2013, 06:26 PM
You need to tell him if he's getting upset or discomforted by your posts, to just hide them. He's getting worked up over your opinion, which he can easily avoid.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
21-12-2013, 09:36 PM
So all the Duck Dynasty support Phil pictures were quickly changed by him and another Ray Comfort follower. I wonder if my likes and posts had anything to do with it.

[+] 1 user Likes djkamilo's post