Jesus, Interrupted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Jesus, Interrupted
Just wanted to drop a line on here to say I read Bart Ehrman's Jesus, Interrupted yesterday (and yes, I see the irony reading this entire book on Christmas Day). The reason I read it is because I am currently embroiled in a debate (as some of you know) and the subjects of who wrote the gospels and when have come up and no matter what I offer up to her she just doesn't acquiesce. She firmly believes these gospels were written by MMLJ and at the time of the events as first-person eyewitnesses. I point out everything I can but she won't give me an inch. Ehrman's book, credentials, research and the information he provides about seminaries and other religious institutions knowing all of this information but not sharing it with parishioners is spot on and should help in my quest to win this point. But indoctrination is hard to overcome.

It was a good read and pointed out a lot of the contradictions, etc. it got to be a tad monotonous at times, but we'll worth the time if you are looking for info.

Check out my blog: http://www.aisforatheist.blogspot.com It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 8 434 28-10-2013 03:53 PM
Last Post: LostandInsecure
  Anyone read Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth dancefortwo 6 359 03-09-2013 10:02 AM
Last Post: dancefortwo
Rainbow How Prayer Can Make You Become More Like Jesus JahFSM 4 1,033 29-11-2011 01:26 AM
Last Post: Atheist