Jesus Loves "Toddlers & Tiaras"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Jesus Loves "Toddlers & Tiaras"
So I'm occasionally forced to watch Toddlers & Tiaras because my mother loves the show for some reason. For those that have never seen the show, its a bunch of fat, ugly mothers living vicariously through their daughters by ruining their childhood and inevitably, their entire lives, by making their 6 year olds looks like this:

[Image: toddlers+and+tiaras.jpg]

But anyways, the recent episode I was forced to experience while choking back vomit had a mom and daughter who prayed like every 20 minutes. They prayed that the daughter's spray tan turned out alright, they prayed to win the cash prize, they prayed and asked Jesus if he approved of these pageants. The mom said she had prayed to find a man when her daughter was 5 and then she ran off and married a man she didn't quite get along with ("he's a bit liberal and I'm a conservative and we argue a lot") which of course proves that Jesus answered her prayers and NOT that she was looking to marry anyone she met within that 12 month period.

I find it strange that the wants of God usually coincide with the wants of the prayee. God do you want me to enter these beauty pageants? Yes? Great cause that's what I wanted too!! God never tells people praying to sacrifice the family cat and move to northern Russia and await his instructions.

Along with the constant prayer, the daughter was forced to recite "Christian values" that the mom imposed on her. "Who should you love most?" "God, then others, then me." Well it's great and all to put others first, but it actually IS important to love yourself. Self-worth and self-confidence are actually important to learn. Stop with this whole "I am worthless, I am submissive, only God is important" mentality.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2011, 05:02 PM
RE: Jesus Loves "Toddlers & Tiaras"
(25-06-2011 04:54 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  [Image: toddlers+and+tiaras.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHwGIJaKtXFCJmzvlhELH...kpODYW_v0v]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
25-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah I have been coerced into watching an episode once, and it was brutal. Luckily I sat there practically yelling at the TV so much that I was asked politely to leave.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2011, 06:53 PM
It's abuse and should be illegal.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
25-06-2011, 06:58 PM
How I love living in England where this program doesn't exist, hopefully it never will either but after the whole 'Geordie Shore' thing I'm not too hopeful.

I agree with LadyJane. I think its fine for a child to want to put make up on at home but it should be more as a game than a way of life, it should only happen at home and it should ALWAYS be the childs choice. Parents who force a young child to wear make up and enter pageants should be declared unfit parents and have their children adopted by sane people.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
26-06-2011, 07:52 AM
What's with most beauty pageants, except special ethnic ones, where are the black people? Asian? Native American, Hispanic? Seems the the overwhelming majority are... white, skinny, tall...

Beauty Pageants is what keeps women in the mindset "I must lose weight..." constantly. Not, "I need to get fit" or "I want to be healthy" but loosing weight. The imaginary 10lbs that haunts most women in America, the 10 lbs keeping you from perfection, a perfect lifestyle, winning Miss USA.

I truly wish these pageants would support all forms of beauty (Because I've seen many ugly skinny women, and many beautiful large women). Real beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and of course, it's the beauty in the inside that counts.

Anyway, dragging god into this makes me sick to my core, yes THANK god that we won a plastic trophy and plastic tiara, we really needed this prayer answered, and you did us a solid, god.

I'm so glad that god is concerned with beauty paegants and the subjecation of women instead of the hurting, suffering, and death of all other lifeforms elsewhere, at least SOMEONE has their priorities straight.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
26-06-2011, 10:08 AM
I ended up watching that episode too. It's like a car accident, you just have to watch. You left out many of the worse details. Another girl(six, seven, maybe eight) had a cabinet filled with tiaras. Apparently she has been preforming since two or three years old, and now she is highly competitive in these things. She has been successfully indoctrinated with the idea that she must be the most beautiful girl, and that she must wear makeup and expensive clothes to order to be beautiful. They even showed babies in that episode. I didn't see much makeup on them, but their parents are certainly starting young.

They force feed such strong femininity into these kids, often when they are just toddlers. When a person is two, they are learning many things just by living and seeing the world. And when you doll them up like that and tell them to look the prettiest than all the other girls, what exactly are they learning? I have a three year cousin who I see often, and she likes to dress up in pink dresses and pretend she is a princess. Fine and dandy. She also loves Lady GaGa and taking off those pretty pink dresses every now and then. Fine and dandy. Because she is a three year old, and she should be having fun and doing what she wants. And yes, I do find it disturbing that this mother is easing her guilt by saying that Jesus approves. They showed her several times taking about if this is right or not, but it always ended with "I prayed for the answer, and Jesus said it was okay".

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
26-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I bet if these parents watched the movie Little Miss Sunshine they wouldn't even get it. I'm so glad I somehow picked up critical thinking skills and am not mind fucked like these parents are, and now their kids. TLC should have an intervention show on deprogramming these families instead of sensationalizing it.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
26-06-2011, 10:46 AM
And people say "crazy" isn't catching. If it wasn't then things like this wouldn't happen anymore. I also think the term common sense should be changed to uncommon sense. You'd think all it would take is one look at a kid dressed up like that for someone to just say no. Yet...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-06-2011, 03:04 PM
What concerns me most, when I hear this, is not as much the impact it has on the preforming children, but on the expectations of parents and children watching this crap...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.