Jesus>Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2012, 12:26 PM
RE: Jesus>Religion
(13-01-2012 09:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hi Sharks.

Yeah I reread my post and yours (somehow I couldn't get on the forum earlier???) and ja, I'm being a jackass. I'm now going to annoy you and state that I'm satisfied in my own mind that the claim can be discounted (demo of a bit of FAITH praise ... er... nobody) but I don't care to argue it out... therefore to be fair I have to conceed victory to you.

In the end it seems like a minor point. Don't know why I got so heated over it Confused

That's a very mature response. Sorry if you perceived anything I said to be rude as well. For what it's worth, I quite enjoyed debating with you because now I know more about my position than I did before. Thank you Smile

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sharks9's post
13-01-2012, 02:37 PM
God only lost one son, we have lost so many. What are we being saved from? Eachother?

I just want to place my point that using charity to show that the religious are better human beings than secular people is wrong. If this is not what you meant Sharks than this not against you but for people who believe charity means selflessness when it actually could mean selfishness.

Donating doesn't automatically make people saints and even though I'm very happy people donate(I do as well, especially during any tragedy.) we need to realize humans are humans.

Charity can also be a selfish act. Now before you go crazy. I didn't believe this myself and actually had to find facts but study's have shown(And heres one: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/the_u...lfish.html ) that you do some pretty selfish actions for charity.

Humans do like feeling pleasure and giving gives them that warm feeling.

Now I'm not saying charity is bad but that it isn't a completely selfless act. Humans like to gain things for themselves. Of course you would save your kid before you did mine, of course you would save your dog if you had to kill mine. Its not surprising that this shows humans are selfish.

We benefit. Now I'm not saying they aren't good people but if your basing it off charity. They aren't any more holy than secular people.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/joepub...ion-health Now this shows that White people donate much more than ethnic people. Does this mean white people are much better than other ethnicities because they donate much more blood?

Don't base humans on these sort of things. What I heard was religious people are better than secular ones. If I misread in anyway, tell me.

I just don't like anyone believing they are better but with religion it does happen quite often.

Science>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jesus=Religion

Now excuse me as I go donate some blood and money. Since I'm half hispanic and half white and also an atheist. I'm apparently twice as bad as a religious person.

I'll right this wrong.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 3 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
14-01-2012, 05:23 PM
http://www.nobeliefs.com/jesus.htm
Jesus=/=Morality
(In my opinion)
14-01-2012, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2012 11:22 PM by Bokononist87.)
http://gospeldrivenchurch.blogspot.com/2...gious.html

Any thoughts?

As I interpret it, the message is: "faith in the grace of Jesus Christ is more important than thinking for yourself and anyone who questions that are like the Pharisees". Yikes.
[+] 1 user Likes Bokononist87's post
15-01-2012, 12:38 AM
(14-01-2012 11:16 PM)Bokononist87 Wrote:  http://gospeldrivenchurch.blogspot.com/2...gious.html

Any thoughts?

As I interpret it, the message is: "faith in the grace of Jesus Christ is more important than thinking for yourself and anyone who questions that are like the Pharisees". Yikes.

From your link, the quote that stood out to me in that Jared guy's blog:
Jesus was a good Jew. He attended synagogue faithfully, observed the feasts and festivals and religious holidays, kept the Law (better than anybody), and made it his mission to obey God perfectly. You better hope Jesus was super-religious, in fact, because it's his perfect religion we rely on for our righteousness.

I love that last part... practically an incantation to summon up the all-mighty himself!! Angel

Seriously though, I did like the part where he said, "Jesus was a good Jew." That was the only sentence I felt was sincere; kind of homey. Shy
Then he let his hell-fire hang out. Wink

I couldn't see the video, my phone spot is only a little better than dialup, and it's not cold enough yet to suck Wifi off the neighbors'... but I get the gist of it. I'll watch later, if I can stomach it.

Like I've always said, Jesus was God's attempt to do exactly what this kid in the video is trying to do: change the face of God.
Just another marketing technique... to suck in the suckers. Rolleyes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-01-2012, 01:39 AM
[Image: pQaFZ.png]
[+] 4 users Like Left Brain's post
15-01-2012, 02:50 AM

Amidst the rantings you can actually find some good arguments against this
brainwash-y excersize in rebranding jesus.

I think its exactly like, "Try out the new Coca Cola, New look! same 'great' taste!"
in the end nothing's changed at all, just the flavor of the cake that the turd inside is baked.

In the end, you still have to follow the rules, people who dont believe still go to hell for nothing except unbelief,
you still have to adhere to the dogma of your subscribed church, and everyone is born a sinner by virtue of birth.

No thanks, i hate religion and the character defined as jesus whether he is fictional or was an actual person in history.

I also hate mohammed, moses and joseph smith too because real or not,
they left a very negative legacy and teachings for humanity, and blackmail
people to believe with hell and torture and suffering.
Snake oil salesmen the lot of them and i find that humanity would have been better off if they were never born or
never conjured up in some desert nomad's hallucinations.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 3 users Like Jackrabbit's post
15-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Religion is the unintelligent man's way of leaving a mark on history.

A really big, ugly mark.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
16-01-2012, 10:12 AM
I "get" what he's saying, but I think he's wrong. Jesus established the Christian religion and adhered to the law.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
16-01-2012, 10:28 AM
(16-01-2012 10:12 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I "get" what he's saying, but I think he's wrong. Jesus established the Christian religion and adhered to the law.

Exactly, I agree. Coming from a Christian background I know exactly where this is coming from. But ultimately it doesn't change anything about the requirements of faith in the Bible.