Jesus' Tomb Falling Apart.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Jesus' Tomb Falling Apart.
So this article poped up on my front page. That Jesus' tomb is falling into disrepair.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/07/world/....html?_r=0

What I find most interesting about the article is the amounts of violence that apparently happens at this "holy" sight regulator. Fist fights from the many different branches of Christianity.

I did a quick history of the sight like how they where able to narrow down this was the last resting place of Jesus. And found out it was kind of a guess.

During the 2nd centruy it was a temple for Aphrodite. Built by the Roman Emperor Hadrian. Once Constantine came into power he converted the sight to be a church in 325ADE. During the reconstruction Constantine's mother (Helena) supposedly found the "True Cross" and she figured this out because when they put dead bodies in front of it, they would stand up. When moving the cross around it showed them the tomb that was under the temple. According to Eusebius of Caesarea (A christian historian to the Emperor) Hadrian must have know about the sights importance and wanted to cover it up with his false god.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: Jesus' Tomb Falling Apart.
(08-04-2016 03:37 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  So this article poped up on my front page. That Jesus' tomb is falling into disrepair.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/07/world/....html?_r=0

What I find most interesting about the article is the amounts of violence that apparently happens at this "holy" sight regulator. Fist fights from the many different branches of Christianity.

I did a quick history of the sight like how they where able to narrow down this was the last resting place of Jesus. And found out it was kind of a guess.

During the 2nd centruy it was a temple for Aphrodite. Built by the Roman Emperor Hadrian. Once Constantine came into power he converted the sight to be a church in 325ADE. During the reconstruction Constantine's mother (Helena) supposedly found the "True Cross" and she figured this out because when they put dead bodies in front of it, they would stand up. When moving the cross around it showed them the tomb that was under the temple. According to Eusebius of Caesarea (A christian historian to the Emperor) Hadrian must have know about the sights importance and wanted to cover it up with his false god.

One must read between the lines of this history of Helena. I figure slaves dug the hole or placed the supposed cross in place. They were then murdered, bodies disposed of. Then a few days later Helena has a vision and mysteriously finds this wood.

Meanwhile back in Constantinople, Emperor Constantine is being one of the most shrewd politicians to have ever lived. Is killing off any person who may prove an enemy, family, friend or foe.

He became so feared that after his death, nobody approached his body for a week in case he was faking.

His kin that followed in his place were just as bad until Julian came along. But it seems some xian soldier killed him. One of Rome's greatest generals and emperors. Than a pretender took his place and the legions retreated in disgrace until that emperor was killed.

Things then went from bad to worse. The west was lost, the east became fully christianised, the west became a strange version of paganism and christianity now known as catholicism.....

Ammianus Marcellinus is a very good read as he was very close to Julian and took place in the campaigns. His description of hiding in a dog house while a city was ransacked around him is a classic.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
08-04-2016, 04:13 PM
I am going to have to read that.

I wouldn't have put it past Constantine or his family to pull any of that crap.

[Image: 4fd8ff3a40537c937931c0bb0b3dfda0.jpg?itok=oyc7lNaN]
It's good to be the king.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
08-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Ammianus was the last great Latin historian from the classical age.

Ammianus Marcellinus.

The Loebs are the best. It is what I read. I first read the Penguin. I used to have the full Loeb library until I fell ill and sold it. I only kept Julian's three volumes.

[Image: 51k6Fg5k-BL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
08-04-2016, 06:10 PM
(08-04-2016 04:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Ammianus was the last great Latin historian from the classical age.

Ammianus Marcellinus.

The Loebs are the best. It is what I read. I first read the Penguin. I used to have the full Loeb library until I fell ill and sold it. I only kept Julian's three volumes.

Banjo, didn't Constantine have his wife killed? Or was it his stepson or son or something like that. Mmmmmmm. Such a nice guy that gave christianity it's legitimacy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-04-2016, 06:36 AM
(08-04-2016 06:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 04:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Ammianus was the last great Latin historian from the classical age.

Ammianus Marcellinus.

Banjo, didn't Constantine have his wife killed? Or was it his stepson or son or something like that. Mmmmmmm. Such a nice guy that gave christianity it's legitimacy.

Yes, her name was Fausta. She is but one of his family members he had killed. Constantius was no better.

Banjo.
09-04-2016, 07:54 AM
(08-04-2016 04:13 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I am going to have to read that.

I wouldn't have put it past Constantine or his family to pull any of that crap.

[Image: 4fd8ff3a40537c937931c0bb0b3dfda0.jpg?itok=oyc7lNaN]
It's good to be the king.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-04-2016, 08:16 AM

09-04-2016, 08:36 AM