Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-03-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing
Quote:Edit, IdiotJebus is lacking the intellectual skills required for a rational discussion. It's the goddamn opposite of "special pleading". They were NOT the exception to pious fraud. They were memebers of the cult in question. They were 100% non-objective. They all had reasons to lie. You have in no way EVEN addressed the question of the CONTENT of what they said. Just thrown numbers. You are too stupid to even continue talking to. I'm done here. You failed. Your fucking messiah failed to do THE ONE THING he was supposed to do to BE the fucking messiah. Yet you idiots dance around the fact that he did NOT restore the kingdom and the temple. There is not a shred of evidence that Jebus did anything they said he did. Humanity is no different. The writers of everything we have were in no position to know anything for sure, and there is no way to know if they were lying, and MANY of their numbers admitted it. See the damn link. How does 40 non-eyewitnesses over "hundreds of years" ALL of whom have a REASON to lie prove anything ? It's completely worthless. Just like your arguments. Go away SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. You have done nothing but make a fool of yourself and your cult. I can get 10,000 non-eye witness members of a cult to say anything the cult teaches. Does THAT prove something ? No. Your logic is worthless. It's called the ad populum argument.
Why are you so angry all the time? I find confidence in my intellectual positions affirming and peacemaking. What is your insecurity? Again, do you write to your colleagues and professors that way, using insults and curses every time?

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason."

What were their reasons to lie, speaking of lack of evidence... to be excommunicated by the Jews? Persecuted by the Romans? Limiting their income? Being nice to people and writing 1 Cor 13, love is patient and kind, seeks not its own way, hopes and bears all things? Straw man.

There's no "dancing" around the fact that Jesus and the OT both speak of two comings, one, a suffering servant, two, the ushering in of the millennial Kingdom. You are aware the NT writers said Jesus's return and kingdom were delayed so that more souls could enter in? You are aware that Daniel spoke of a future times of the Gentiles? There is excellent reasons to believe Jesus did everything they say He did. Starting with, you are utterly incapable of a civil, gentlemanly debate and fulfill John 15 quoted above. EVERY time you harangue me, you are demonstrating another proof of God's infallible Word.
Based on the Wikipedia definition, your behavior is certainly that of a troll and not me:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post
26-03-2013, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:53 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
26-03-2013, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:53 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 2 users Like Doctor X's post
26-03-2013, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2013 06:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-03-2013 11:20 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Edit, IdiotJebus is lacking the intellectual skills required for a rational discussion. It's the goddamn opposite of "special pleading". They were NOT the exception to pious fraud. They were memebers of the cult in question. They were 100% non-objective. They all had reasons to lie. You have in no way EVEN addressed the question of the CONTENT of what they said. Just thrown numbers. You are too stupid to even continue talking to. I'm done here. You failed. Your fucking messiah failed to do THE ONE THING he was supposed to do to BE the fucking messiah. Yet you idiots dance around the fact that he did NOT restore the kingdom and the temple. There is not a shred of evidence that Jebus did anything they said he did. Humanity is no different. The writers of everything we have were in no position to know anything for sure, and there is no way to know if they were lying, and MANY of their numbers admitted it. See the damn link. How does 40 non-eyewitnesses over "hundreds of years" ALL of whom have a REASON to lie prove anything ? It's completely worthless. Just like your arguments. Go away SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. You have done nothing but make a fool of yourself and your cult. I can get 10,000 non-eye witness members of a cult to say anything the cult teaches. Does THAT prove something ? No. Your logic is worthless. It's called the ad populum argument.
Why are you so angry all the time? I find confidence in my intellectual positions affirming and peacemaking. What is your insecurity? Again, do you write to your colleagues and professors that way, using insults and curses every time?

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason."

What were their reasons to lie, speaking of lack of evidence... to be excommunicated by the Jews? Persecuted by the Romans? Limiting their income? Being nice to people and writing 1 Cor 13, love is patient and kind, seeks not its own way, hopes and bears all things? Straw man.

There's no "dancing" around the fact that Jesus and the OT both speak of two comings, one, a suffering servant, two, the ushering in of the millennial Kingdom. You are aware the NT writers said Jesus's return and kingdom were delayed so that more souls could enter in? You are aware that Daniel spoke of a future times of the Gentiles? There is excellent reasons to believe Jesus did everything they say He did. Starting with, you are utterly incapable of a civil, gentlemanly debate and fulfill John 15 quoted above. EVERY time you harangue me, you are demonstrating another proof of God's infallible Word.
Based on the Wikipedia definition, your behavior is certainly that of a troll and not me:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

You give yourself FAR too much credit. You read all sorts of shit into stuff that is not there. You are not worth getting anyone's undies in a bunch. I am almost never (ever) angry. You jsut don't like to be crossed, and youknow t=you lack basic knowledge in the field you pretend to be knowledgeable. I do not suffer fundie fools who pose as though they know about their holy books, when in fssct they know next to nothing about it's cultural context. That's not anger. It's a ho-hum fact, avery typical. Anytime you can't answer something, if you even try to respond at you, you accuse the poster of "special pleading" whether the argument in question fits the definition or not. If that doesn't work I now you you start questioning their mental status. Tricky man. But very obvious, pops.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

27-03-2013, 07:06 AM
What am I missing about it's cultural context? Next, you're going to tell me the "Prophets don't foretell things" is accepted as gospel in mainline academia? Really?
27-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:Other than they are not "facts," son. The HB is not a monolithic entity but a number of texts some of which are combinations of texts often all contradicting one another. Some of them rather deny a "coming." As for Junior, no one knows with any certainty what he said or did. What is written in the Synoptic Gospels proved wrong--did not happen in the time specified by Mk and copied by Lk and Mt. However, I imagine that has all been explained to you and you just shoved your fingers in your eyes again and screamed for the assistance of an adult.
Really? How was it proved wrong? Were you unable to reconcile or harmonize the gospels? I did it myself and sent it in to one of those Atheist challenge websites, several times with no reply.
Quote:Learn Biblical Hebrew son: אל גדיל

Try, do try, not to fail so spectacularly. So you now worship El as well as YHWH? Nevertheless the taking of an El theorphoric should not surprise--you know . . . like . . . "Israel"--but this passage does not mean why you try to twist it to mean as explained previously.
I worship El Echad, the Plural One, yes. Son, there are 99 names for God in the Noble Qu'ran, why not tell some Muslims in person they worship 99 gods? I'm sure they'll be tolerant of your blasphemy.
Quote:Now you start your temper-tantrum. Unable to deal with what the actual biblical texts say--you rely on . . . English concordances? --you know you cannot engage the actual evidence.

Sorry to make you cry.
What actual evidence of what? If you insist like your colleagues that there are no verifications or empirical evidence for anything in the Bible outside the Bible, than all you have are your (incorrect) TEXTUAL INTERPRETATIONS. Or do you want to tell us all that all Christians and non-Christians interpret the Bible exactly the same?
Quote:"Hebrew Bible," son.

You do know what "CE" and "BCE" and "vorlage" mean, yes? "Homoioteleuton?" [Stop that!--Ed.]
I didn't know whether you meant "Hebrew Bible" or "Holy Bible" being facetious. Another evident example of ignorance as the Tanakh has both Hebrew and Aramaic scriptures in it... you did know that, right? And yes, I'm asking you again for your "vorlages" proving your textual theories... thanks.
27-03-2013, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:37 AM by Doctor X.)

[+] 2 users Like Doctor X's post
27-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Just responding to several of your misdirected attacks will suffice, I think.
Quote:Probably because they do not speak "Retard." Nevertheless, how you reconciled the world ending 1,800 years ago, the Earth being flat, and incompatible birth narratives will, I am sure, entertain my colleagues to no end.
Note all, the above is 1) assumptive - I never stated my viewpoint on these three "doctrines" or even Bible inerrancy 2) dodging the question I've posed several times now.
Quote:"HB" is standard for the JBL and other major journals, son.

No, you really cannot color them.
I understand. It's a term I use frequently in contact with others including lay people. In context, though, I needed to question you because of your lazy acronyms and near-indecipherable ramblings.
Quote:We will add "vorlage" to your every growing list of "Basics of Biblical Scholarship" that you do not know.
Huh?! I put "vorlage" in plural quotation as "vorlages" to mock your towing the stupid party line you heard about in "school"--there is NO vorlage demonstrating either JDEP Theory or Q Theory as fact. Please, if you possess a smoking gun original language text, do share...
27-03-2013, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:38 AM by Doctor X.)

28-03-2013, 07:43 AM
What evidence? Telling us all what we already know, that mainline scholars in the vast majority worship at the altar of JDEP, is not evidence. English, Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic, there are no empirical pieces of evidence for any of it. Bring on the evidence so those of us who think, freethinkers or religious, can digest it and respond to you. You undercut your credibility with each duck of my challenges and questions. Drinking Beverage