Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
28-03-2013, 10:20 AM
RE: Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing
(28-03-2013 07:43 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What evidence? Telling us all what we already know, that mainline scholars in the vast majority worship at the altar of JDEP, is not evidence. English, Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic, there are no empirical pieces of evidence for any of it. Bring on the evidence so those of us who think, freethinkers or religious, can digest it and respond to you. You undercut your credibility with each duck of my challenges and questions. Drinking Beverage

13 volumes of "evidence". AnalRetentiveTroll.
http://www.christianbook.com/new-interpr...Mgod9R0AHQ

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:13 volumes of "evidence".
And now I can say "66 books of evidence". So what? "13 volumes" is not stating your informed position or refuting mine. Years ago, I'd be saying "X-rays can hurt you, Ms. Curie" or "Cover the jar with paper before the fruit flies get in". There are hundreds of examples where the majority of scientific minds in their day refuted the paradigm and corrected course. I'll repeat, JDEP Theory is in the lay sense, a theory. There is no empirical evidence for it, merely speculation regarding choices of names, language, etc. Simply giving God qualities both as a nurturer and as a righteous judge would cut the heart out of the original assertions of the theory.
28-03-2013, 02:13 PM
(28-03-2013 01:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:13 volumes of "evidence".
And now I can say "66 books of evidence". So what? "13 volumes" is not stating your informed position or refuting mine. Years ago, I'd be saying "X-rays can hurt you, Ms. Curie" or "Cover the jar with paper before the fruit flies get in". There are hundreds of examples where the majority of scientific minds in their day refuted the paradigm and corrected course. I'll repeat, JDEP Theory is in the lay sense, a theory. There is no empirical evidence for it, merely speculation regarding choices of names, language, etc. Simply giving God qualities both as a nurturer and as a righteous judge would cut the heart out of the original assertions of the theory.

No. 110 % wrong. "Lay" has NOTHING to do with it. The 13 volumes are SCHOLARS which YOU are not, and the are discussing your "66". So, your analogy is false, and you have not even ever once attempted to posit 1 point where ALL the scholars are wrong. So, try harder, SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. You just failed again. YOu cannot "cut the heart out of anything, fool, until you demonstrate your god. So now I see you have two jobs. Good luck with that. (And thanks for telling us that what you believe is essentally bease on nothing but your delusions, and not scholarship. I guess we had already guessed that.)

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

28-03-2013, 02:28 PM
(28-03-2013 02:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 01:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And now I can say "66 books of evidence". So what? "13 volumes" is not stating your informed position or refuting mine. Years ago, I'd be saying "X-rays can hurt you, Ms. Curie" or "Cover the jar with paper before the fruit flies get in". There are hundreds of examples where the majority of scientific minds in their day refuted the paradigm and corrected course. I'll repeat, JDEP Theory is in the lay sense, a theory. There is no empirical evidence for it, merely speculation regarding choices of names, language, etc. Simply giving God qualities both as a nurturer and as a righteous judge would cut the heart out of the original assertions of the theory.

No. 110 % wrong. "Lay" has NOTHING to do with it. The 13 volumes are SCHOLARS which YOU are not, and the are discussing your "66". So, your analogy is false, and you have not even ever once attempted to posit 1 point where ALL the scholars are wrong. So, try harder, SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. You just failed again. YOu cannot "cut the heart out of anything, fool, until you demonstrate your god. So now I see you have two jobs. Good luck with that. (And thanks for telling us that what you believe is essentally bease on nothing but your delusions, and not scholarship. I guess we had already guessed that.)

Huh? Theory as in Evolution Theory equals fact. JDEP Theory is taken as fact, but in the lay sense of the word, "made up hypothesis". One more time, since you have 13 volumes at your fingertips and have read many Bible origin books. ONE piece of EMPIRICAL, peer-reviewed, verifiable, testable, falsifiable evidence that JDEP is something beyond reading the text and then counting how many times El or YHWH is used within a passage, whether God is angry or merciful in a passage, etc. Consider
28-03-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 04:47 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-03-2013 02:28 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 02:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. 110 % wrong. "Lay" has NOTHING to do with it. The 13 volumes are SCHOLARS which YOU are not, and the are discussing your "66". So, your analogy is false, and you have not even ever once attempted to posit 1 point where ALL the scholars are wrong. So, try harder, SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. You just failed again. YOu cannot "cut the heart out of anything, fool, until you demonstrate your god. So now I see you have two jobs. Good luck with that. (And thanks for telling us that what you believe is essentally bease on nothing but your delusions, and not scholarship. I guess we had already guessed that.)

Huh? Theory as in Evolution Theory equals fact. JDEP Theory is taken as fact, but in the lay sense of the word, "made up hypothesis". One more time, since you have 13 volumes at your fingertips and have read many Bible origin books. ONE piece of EMPIRICAL, peer-reviewed, verifiable, testable, falsifiable evidence that JDEP is something beyond reading the text and then counting how many times El or YHWH is used within a passage, whether God is angry or merciful in a passage, etc. Consider

The vocabulary is different. The emphasis is different, the style is different.
I do realize that literary and texual criticism is beyond your 3rd Grade fundie literal retarded level of schooling. Read the 13 volumes and tell us exactly what you disagree with, (besides your god did it). Troll.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:The vocabulary is different. They emphasis is different, the style is different.
I do realize that literary and texual criticism is beyond your 3red Grade fundie literal retarded level of schooling. Read the 13 volumes and tell us exacctly what you disagree with, (besides your god did it). Troll.

I've told you several times exactly what I find objectionable, as well as ask you all questions that went answered that are implied by the JDEP hypothesis. We could use many of the same tools and split authorship for many other books for one-source writers and etc.

My point stands, all the "this author wrote later" and "this author wrote earlier" is redacted into the text in an imaginary fashion without any corroborating sources, early manuscripts existing that prove "missing" later writers, etc, etc.

I wouldn't say "God did it" but merely suggest that the established authorship both Jews and Christians believe for the Hebrew scriptures holds true. I'd also remind you that Jews and Christians alike hold the same books as part of the Hebrew Bible's canon.
29-03-2013, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:12 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
29-03-2013, 11:55 AM
(29-03-2013 08:05 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  I am sure the idiot has contributed so much substance. . . .

--J.D.

Doc, you're like that guy at the Mets games who yells, "Pitcher, not belly itcher." I mean, most of your posts this week have been utterly useless. What do you do for a living? Review condiments or what?
29-03-2013, 03:04 PM
(29-03-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 08:05 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  I am sure the idiot has contributed so much substance. . . .

--J.D.

Doc, you're like that guy at the Mets games who yells, "Pitcher, not belly itcher." I mean, most of your posts this week have been utterly useless. What do you do for a living? Review condiments or what?

Whatever it is, it's better than a third rate "college administrator" that sits all day at work playing on the internet, instead of working.

29-03-2013, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:12 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism