Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-03-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing
(29-03-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Doc, you're like that guy at the Mets games who yells, "Pitcher, not belly itcher." I mean, most of your posts this week have been utterly useless. What do you do for a living? Review condiments or what?

My grandfather reviewed condiments for a living. He died one cold night of a fatal case of ketchup lung. They found his body amidst several empty bottles of Heinz 57. He had smeared them on his body, a common symptom of mayonnaise dementia.

So don't joke.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
30-03-2013, 12:02 AM
(29-03-2013 11:44 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Doc, you're like that guy at the Mets games who yells, "Pitcher, not belly itcher." I mean, most of your posts this week have been utterly useless. What do you do for a living? Review condiments or what?

My grandfather reviewed condiments for a living. He died one cold night of a fatal case of ketchup lung. They found his body amidst several empty bottles of Heinz 57. He had smeared them on his body, a common symptom of mayonnaise dementia.

So don't joke.

That's second only to Paprika Pox Dementia. Poor pops poured partial portions on his platinum platter while reciting platitudes from Plato prior to passing.
Pleasey's pablum for poor plebes was of no help to him, or anyone else.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-03-2013, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:00 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
30-03-2013, 08:24 AM
(25-03-2013 02:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Read Isaiah 9. The Messiah is also called Emmanuel, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Everlasting Father. And the scriptures, as you know, tell us there is no other Savior than God. Jesus, is God, Savior, Prince and King--all in the OT before you accuse the NT authors of redacting their claims.

Perhaps you ought to take notice that not one of these names is used of Jesus except long after his death. Sure, there's a passage of scripture that says "he shall be called Emmanuel" of the unborn Jesus, but he wasn't called Emmanuel -- he was called Jesus. There is literally not a single reference of him actually *being called* Emmanuel. Nor did anyone (in the bible) call him Prince of Peace, God (mighty or otherwise), or Everlasting Father (in fact, I'm pretty sure even current Christians avoid calling Jesus 'the Father').

You also note that Jesus was called these things in the OT, but that's only if you presume that it was speaking of Jesus. The fact that the Messiah would be called "Prince and King" but was factually called neither of these things (because he wasn't either of those things) suggest that the OT scriptures were not referring to Jesus at all.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Starcrash's post
30-03-2013, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 04:48 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I continue to remind Pleasy, Jebus in no way fulfilled any of the JOBS a "messiah" was supposed to complete. To claim any verse referred to him, even using the fallacy of "prophesy as soothsaying", is false. The messiah had a specific set of duties. Jebus got none of them done.

"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-03-2013, 08:53 AM
(30-03-2013 08:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Jebus got none of them done.

Interesting tidbit...

Jews do not believe that Jesus was the mashiach. Assuming that he existed, and assuming that the Christian scriptures are accurate in describing him (both matters that are debatable), he simply did not fulfill the mission of the mashiach as it is described in the biblical passages cited above. Jesus did not do any of the things that the scriptures said the messiah would do.

On the contrary, another Jew born about a century later came far closer to fulfilling the messianic ideal than Jesus did. His name was Shimeon ben Kosiba, known as Bar Kokhba (son of a star), and he was a charismatic, brilliant, but brutal warlord. Rabbi Akiba, one of the greatest scholars in Jewish history, believed that Bar Kokhba was the mashiach. Bar Kokhba fought a war against the Roman Empire, catching the Tenth Legion by surprise and retaking Jerusalem. He resumed sacrifices at the site of the Temple and made plans to rebuild the Temple. He established a provisional government and began to issue coins in its name. This is what the Jewish people were looking for in a mashiach; Jesus clearly does not fit into this mold. Ultimately, however, the Roman Empire crushed his revolt and killed Bar Kokhba. After his death, all acknowledged that he was not the mashiach.

~from http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

Oh! And I'm reminded about Ghost taking exception to the term, "Jew." You know, reading JewFaq and all. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-03-2013, 09:28 AM
(30-03-2013 08:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  On the contrary, another Jew born about a century later came far closer to fulfilling the messianic ideal than Jesus did. His name was Shimeon ben Kosiba...

There are plenty of people who have been embraced as "the Messiah", and while this guy does "come closer", the Messiah Prophecies simply can't be fulfilled. Micah 5:5 specifically says that the messiah would conquer the Assyrians, who are notably non-existent now after a short-lived empire spanning 75 years. And not a single Jew is responsible for conquering them -- it was done by the Median empire.

But it shouldn't be surprising that Jesus (or anyone) couldn't fulfill the prophecies because they made predictions that were just too outlandish, such as bringing about world peace or ruling over the entire Earth. While Christians believe these will be true about Jesus after his return (the Millennial Kingdom), that would preclude them from being Messiah Prophecies, since the purpose of those was so that the Messiah could be identified -- and the Millennial Kingdom would clearly be too late for such knowledge to be useful.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
30-03-2013, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:49 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
30-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Acts 1:6
"So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, "Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?"

Even at the end, even HIS own followers thought that was what he was supposed to do.

Prophesy smophesy.

Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Quote:Doc, you're like that guy at the Mets games who yells, "Pitcher, not belly itcher." I mean, most of your posts this week have been utterly useless. What do you do for a living? Review condiments or what?

Fallacious crap. Everybody knows that no Mets fan is generally sober enough to form even a rudimentary English phrase.

Of course, if I were a Mets fan, I'd drink heavily as well.Hobo

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."