Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
02-04-2013, 04:43 AM
RE: Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing
And BTW, to claim "divinity" in Hebrew culture (see the Resurrection thread cited above), in no way meant "equality with Yahweh", (or a "sonship" other than the usual "righteous man" *sonship*) which was accorded to many others, besides Jebus. It simply mean "other than *natural-normal*". The proof is in what the Witch of Endor said when she conjured the shade of Samuel.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:Hey PJ...I sense you are on the brink of a break through. Some of us (such as BB and me) give you a hard time when you sprout the "traditional" line....because...we've heard it all before...and a rational, nuanced examination of history proves it's bullshit. I would love to sit with you for a few hours, so as to get into your head to understand you...I'm also bursting with info I'd like to share with you ( after many...too many...years...studying the topic.) Fire away....ask me one specific question at a time...and I'll share with you.
Thank you. I never try to quote the party line of the fundamentalists but try to reason and post logical thoughts and conjectures/objections. If they fall under party lines, great minds think alike. Wink

A lot of these posts are really hitting on the heart of the issue for all of us--who did Jesus claim He was and did He resurrect? It is eminently clear that the Paul-did-it myth is dispelled by simply reading the gospels. False witnesses brought forward incoherent accusations (I know the feeling!) before the High Priest asked with an oath for Jesus to identify Himself. Jesus was killed for blasphemy, which in context is claiming equality with God/I am.
02-04-2013, 12:26 PM
(02-04-2013 10:36 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Hey PJ...I sense you are on the brink of a break through. Some of us (such as BB and me) give you a hard time when you sprout the "traditional" line....because...we've heard it all before...and a rational, nuanced examination of history proves it's bullshit. I would love to sit with you for a few hours, so as to get into your head to understand you...I'm also bursting with info I'd like to share with you ( after many...too many...years...studying the topic.) Fire away....ask me one specific question at a time...and I'll share with you.
Thank you. I never try to quote the party line of the fundamentalists but try to reason and post logical thoughts and conjectures/objections. If they fall under party lines, great minds think alike. Wink

A lot of these posts are really hitting on the heart of the issue for all of us--who did Jesus claim He was and did He resurrect? It is eminently clear that the Paul-did-it myth is dispelled by simply reading the gospels. False witnesses brought forward incoherent accusations (I know the feeling!) before the High Priest asked with an oath for Jesus to identify Himself. Jesus was killed for blasphemy, which in context is claiming equality with God/I am.

There was no trial before the High Priest on Passover weekend. No trial was EVER held that weekend. If there was a trial, there would be no witnesses. Get a grip. The gospels said they all ran away. Who was left to witness it ? The trial cintradict each other in important ways, including the time and the day. The gospels are fiction on this subject.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:There was no trial before the High Priest on Passover weekend. No trial was EVER held that weekend. If there was a trial, there would be no witnesses. Get a grip. The gospels said they all ran away. Who was left to witness it ? The trial cintradict each other in important ways, including the time and the day. The gospels are fiction on this subject.
BB, would you promise not to get upset if I choose for you, "By reason of mental disease or defect..."? Smile

The witnesses who reported to the gospel authors had FRONT row seats where Peter and those who ran couldn't be in the council.

John 3:1-2 - "Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

Acts 6:7 - So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.

Praise be to God, you will never, ever be able to create a supposed contradiction. Jesus's Word is way beyond you and me and our finite capabilities for self-destruction... "This foe is beyond any of you, Aragorn, run!"
02-04-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 05:08 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-04-2013 02:47 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The witnesses who reported to the gospel authors had FRONT row seats where Peter and those who ran couldn't be in the council.

John 3:1-2 - "Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

Acts 6:7 - So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.

Praise be to God, you will never, ever be able to create a supposed contradiction. Jesus's Word is way beyond you and me and our finite capabilities for self-destruction... "This foe is beyond any of you, Aragorn, run!"

Prove any of it. You can't prove one word of it. There is no evidence for any of it.
Nicodemus never claimed to have been at the trial.
Your' self-destruction" is just the usual fundie judgemental crap about anyone who could never believe this nonsense. But then you contradict all the time your Jebus who told you
"Judge not lest ye be judged", and "No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him", so I guess you pick and choose whatever makes you feel superior, Church Lady.
These people would NEVER have been in the quarters of the Roman aristocrats. You cannot name any other peasant who ever had a trial, and there were no "front row seats". They NEVER claimed to have been there. And BTW you forgot to address the contradictions. Thanks for all your BS. This is a great learning opportunity you provide for any guest on how deluded you fundies are. You do the work of your devil better than any devil could.
The trial in John (19:41) "It was the Day of Prepration; and it was about noon", (when Pilate pronounces sentence).
(Of course that never happened. Jebus was a nobody, and there was a standing oder to execute trouble makers with no trial. Thousands of people were exected without trials. )
Oops. In Mark, Jebus lives all through that day, they have the Passover meal that night, and he is arrested that night, and dies the next morning around 9:00. Different time, different day. Dr Bart Ehrman agrees they are contradictory. So now YOU know more than he does ? Why does Jebus give a long speech in John, and Mark says he was silent ? They can't both be true. Of course John changed it, so Jebus could be the "lamb who dies", which is one of his personal themes. Of course you will deny this, which is obvious, as your psychological make-up NEEDS to delude yourself at any cost. I don't need to create contradictions. Anyone honest can see them.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-04-2013, 07:13 PM
(02-04-2013 02:47 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:There was no trial before the High Priest on Passover weekend. No trial was EVER held that weekend. If there was a trial, there would be no witnesses. Get a grip. The gospels said they all ran away. Who was left to witness it ? The trial cintradict each other in important ways, including the time and the day. The gospels are fiction on this subject.
BB, would you promise not to get upset if I choose for you, "By reason of mental disease or defect..."? Smile

The witnesses who reported to the gospel authors had FRONT row seats where Peter and those who ran couldn't be in the council.

PJ....re
"The witnesses who reported to the gospel authors had FRONT row seats"
What witnesses? What authors? What trial? You are quoting the babble to prove the babble. You can't do that. You'll just be laughed at (here, anyway).

What is discussed here is real history. Please try to understand that...I think you will be treated with more respect and everyone will learn more if you do.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 07:26 PM
(02-04-2013 10:36 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

NO NO NO.

The Romans killed Jeebus. They couldn't care less about blasphemy.

They knocked him off because he was a threat to the peace.

Gentiles supervised the writing of the gospels, and they twisted the story to blame the Jews (his own people) for his death.

Jeebus, if he ever existed, was a Jew, NOT A CHRISTIAN. The whole bullshit story about him being the son of god who died for your sins was invented decades later, by Paul. Then the gospels were written.

Think about it.
02-04-2013, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:49 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
03-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:Prove any of it. You can't prove one word of it. There is no evidence for any of it.
Nicodemus never claimed to have been at the trial.
Your' self-destruction" is just the usual fundie judgemental crap about anyone who could never believe this nonsense. But then you contradict all the time your Jebus who told you
"Judge not lest ye be judged", and "No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him", so I guess you pick and choose whatever makes you feel superior, Church Lady.
These people would NEVER have been in the quarters of the Roman aristocrats. You cannot name any other peasant who ever had a trial, and there were no "front row seats". They NEVER claimed to have been there. And BTW you forgot to address the contradictions. Thanks for all your BS. This is a great learning opportunity you provide for any guest on how deluded you fundies are. You do the work of your devil better than any devil could.
The trial in John (19:41) "It was the Day of Prepration; and it was about noon", (when Pilate pronounces sentence).
(Of course that never happened. Jebus was a nobody, and there was a standing oder to execute trouble makers with no trial. Thousands of people were exected without trials. )
Oops. In Mark, Jebus lives all through that day, they have the Passover meal that night, and he is arrested that night, and dies the next morning around 9:00. Different time, different day. Dr Bart Ehrman agrees they are contradictory. So now YOU know more than he does ? Why does Jebus give a long speech in John, and Mark says he was silent ? They can't both be true. Of course John changed it, so Jebus could be the "lamb who dies", which is one of his personal themes. Of course you will deny this, which is obvious, as your psychological make-up NEEDS to delude yourself at any cost. I don't need to create contradictions. Anyone honest can see them.
Yes, I'm aware that Pilate executed many people without trials. Again, you're doing several things along with others on this thread:

1. Ducking the Bible record by not using the hypothesis method and looking at the actual text - bridges were built between the reigning Herod and Pilate--both sought for audiences with Jesus. Further, there was a MAJOR festival and thousands of diaspora Jews in Jerusalem in attendance that week. Pilate couldn't just open up the crucifixion doors without a major riot on his hands and had to be diplomatic... no, the Bible record aligns with the historical record--how Pilate was prone to be cruel but also give in to the Jews on occasion. Compare the tradition re: Pilate didn't behead the Jews for whom he said "no Torah Law" and then His flip-flop on Jesus makes sense.

2. I'd be truly HONORED to address your "new" contradictions, except for that you will clearly again press your "Prove any of it. You can't prove one word of it. There is no evidence for any of it." Since I have the Bible documents and you have personal, slanted assertions (most of the scholars you quote will say some, not none, of the events happened) you are asking me to respond without using the scriptures to prove the scriptures, which is a) insane b) YOU ARE ASSERTING A NEGATIVE WHICH CANNOT BE PROVED.
03-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Ya know... "Please Jesus," what does that even mean? Are you conflicted with your homosexuality? Cause, I'm not. I mean, if I were homosexual, I'd be like, "fuck me, y'all!"

I mean, you gotta problem wif that? Cause I don't.

(And yes, I've been drinking all day...)

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]