Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
05-11-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: Jesus, Yeshua, Joshua, and Isaiah are "essentially" the same thing
(04-04-2013 06:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Idiot. The "epistles" were written to Christian communities, not "Jews in diaspora". And, obviously, there is a world of differene in the political situation when Jebus was alive, and 40 years later. Have you ever considered getting an education ?

Just picking one here, the letter to the Romans -I got this from Wikipedia alone, and I have many more places to look.

"The most probable ancient account of the beginning of Christianity in Rome is given by a 4th-century writer known as Ambrosiaster:[14] It is established that there were Jews living in Rome in the times of the Apostles, and that those Jews who had believed [in Christ] passed on to the Romans the tradition that they ought to profess Christ but keep the law [Torah] …"

"At this time, the Jews made up a substantial number in Rome, and their synagogues, frequented by many, enabled the Gentiles to become acquainted with the story of Jesus of Nazareth. Consequently, churches composed of both Jews and Gentiles were formed at Rome...Jews were expelled from Rome because of disturbances around AD 49 by the edict of Claudius."

This letter was written by Paul. Paul was the the one who wrote "To the Jew first, and then the Gentile." It seems to me that your opinion here is actually very "Christian" in the sense that you seem to suppose that during this time there were Christians and there were Jews. It was still a Jewish sub cultural religion.

You wrote: "obviously, there is a world of differene in the political situation when Jebus was alive, and 40 years later. Have you ever considered getting an education ?"

If it is so obvious, I am sure you won't mind sharing with us what constitutes this world of difference. What political changes are you referring to?

Do you see that you called someone an "idiot" for making an accurate statement?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply