Jesus a nice peaceful guy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Jesus a nice peaceful guy?
Fundies are always talking about how nice a guy Jesus was how merciful he was yadda yadda .Problem is if the trinity is true then Jesus has as much blood on his hands as the god of the old testament. Plus people who point this out tend to forget that according to jesus himself he could have summoned a legion of angels and the only reason he didn't was because he was trying to be killed .Lastly any time someone says at it's foundation look at how peaceful Christianity is ask them to explain the horrible shit described in the bible when Jesus gets back which at the time the bible was written people believe was nigh.

I,m sure think of more examples of how Jesus was not peaceful but really i think this brief 3 examples is really all i need

Any thoughts or other examples you can think of ?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
17-09-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Jesus a nice peaceful guy?
I always had a tough time wraping my head around the Trinity, even when I believed in it.

3 people 1 thing.

In Bill Maury religoulous "jesus" (or at least an actor playing him) said it's like Water. Comes in three forms solid, liquied, gas. But still the same. Made a little more sense I suppose but didn't really explain how something with a mind could do that.

Holy Ghost fusing with Jesus,

[Image: 3GRVk.gif]

Or like voltron.

[Image: tumblr_nkr74mXOpH1u0zuyso1_500.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
17-09-2016, 04:25 PM
(17-09-2016 03:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Fundies are always talking about how nice a guy Jesus was how merciful he was yadda yadda .Problem is if the trinity is true then Jesus has as much blood on his hands as the god of the old testament. Plus people who point this out tend to forget that according to jesus himself he could have summoned a legion of angels and the only reason he didn't was because he was trying to be killed .Lastly any time someone says at it's foundation look at how peaceful Christianity is ask them to explain the horrible shit described in the bible when Jesus gets back which at the time the bible was written people believe was nigh.

I,m sure think of more examples of how Jesus was not peaceful but really i think this brief 3 examples is really all i need

Quote:the only reason he didn't was because he was trying to be killed

So he committed suicide. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-09-2016, 05:01 PM
(17-09-2016 04:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 03:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Fundies are always talking about how nice a guy Jesus was how merciful he was yadda yadda .Problem is if the trinity is true then Jesus has as much blood on his hands as the god of the old testament. Plus people who point this out tend to forget that according to jesus himself he could have summoned a legion of angels and the only reason he didn't was because he was trying to be killed .Lastly any time someone says at it's foundation look at how peaceful Christianity is ask them to explain the horrible shit described in the bible when Jesus gets back which at the time the bible was written people believe was nigh.

Quote:the only reason he didn't was because he was trying to be killed

So he committed suicide. Laugh out load

Pretty much but wait till he supposedly comes back list of wonderful fates awaiting none believers include

Being crushed in a wine press

Burned alive by fiery angels

and tons and tons of tortures both done and commanded by said "pacifist" what a swell guy

17-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Well, there's the pretty much all of Mark 13 (Nation against nation, brother betraying brother...), which is pretty similar to Matthew 10:21-22.

While you're in Matthew 10, there's that jewel in verses 34-36 where Jesus flat out says, "Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

And of course there the whole "Cleansing of the Temple" tale where Jesus completely loses it on the money-changers. Good thing he didn't have access to firearms.

But please ignore those because we want to make our savior look all cuddley until we've got you into the church and the church into your head.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-09-2016, 10:10 PM
IF Jesus existed he was simply just some nutjob preacher who a bunch of people decided to listen too.
There's no evidence he was some God. People followed Hitler, doesn't mean he was God's left nut.

To imply that he is responsible for the fucked up shit in the bible implies that a) there is a god and b) those things happened
Which is not the case because there's no evidence of God and no evidence for half the shit in the bible.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
18-09-2016, 01:00 AM
(17-09-2016 10:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  IF Jesus existed he was simply just some nutjob preacher who a bunch of people decided to listen too.
There's no evidence he was some God. People followed Hitler, doesn't mean he was God's left nut.

To imply that he is responsible for the fucked up shit in the bible implies that a) there is a god and b) those things happened
Which is not the case because there's no evidence of God and no evidence for half the shit in the bible.

I get what your saying i'm just saying that i'm tired of Christians trying to make Jesus a pacifistic hippy he wasn't even if most of it's fiction it's still dishonest

The only reason he let the Romans kill him was because he had too jesus is saving his genocidal killing sprees till he gets back according to Christianities own books. And he still by being a part of the old testament god responsible for all the bloodshed in it according to Christianities own books.

18-09-2016, 06:27 AM
(17-09-2016 09:45 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And of course there the whole "Cleansing of the Temple" tale where Jesus completely loses it on the money-changers. Good thing he didn't have access to firearms.

The best part of that one is that Jesus made his own "scourge" which means it wasn't even an impulsive event. He spent time making a whip specifically to cause more havoc.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
18-09-2016, 07:02 AM

The bit in the unholy bible about Jesus insisting on dividing families or actually leaving family and following his lame ass.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-09-2016, 08:14 AM
Anyone telling you to forget your lame ass family and follow him into oblivion (Charles Manson anyone?) can't be a nice, peaceful dude.
[+] 2 users Like Grimm's post