Jesus a nice peaceful guy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: Jesus a nice peaceful guy?
I've always actually thought one of the worst aspects of Jesus was his hippie "let's all just get along" attitude. Even though he seems super excited to turn people against each other in their own homes and demands we love him more than our own children he does also want us all to be wimps who never defend ourselves.

He said to turn the other cheek when someone attacks you, to love your enemies, to be "meek" and "humble", etc. What does all this shit even mean, especially when he also says to defend yourself and to spread his work with a sword? Just like most of the Bible it contradicts itself.

I also don't see Christians going around being super loving to their "enemies" or allowing themselves to be attacked without retribution, they seem to demand war more than any other group, in our country it seems to be the case anyway.

I guess being a raging asshole is just one thing they can get away with because they are "saved" and filled with the joyful love of the father, our God who art in heaven...just biding his time before he rescues them and plunges all the non-believers in eternal torture, pain, and suffering...because he loves us all and only wants us to be happy, especially his enemies, they deserve so much love in the form of perpetual flames burning them forever.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
18-09-2016, 06:06 PM
I have never been able to get my head around the concept that Jesus was a nice guy. He was, if he existed at all, a judgemental my-way-or-the-highway guy. Not the sort of person I would have liked.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
18-09-2016, 06:08 PM
(17-09-2016 04:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 03:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Fundies are always talking about how nice a guy Jesus was how merciful he was yadda yadda .Problem is if the trinity is true then Jesus has as much blood on his hands as the god of the old testament. Plus people who point this out tend to forget that according to jesus himself he could have summoned a legion of angels and the only reason he didn't was because he was trying to be killed .Lastly any time someone says at it's foundation look at how peaceful Christianity is ask them to explain the horrible shit described in the bible when Jesus gets back which at the time the bible was written people believe was nigh.

I,m sure think of more examples of how Jesus was not peaceful but really i think this brief 3 examples is really all i need

Any thoughts or other examples you can think of ?

Quote:the only reason he didn't was because he was trying to be killed

So he committed suicide. Laugh out load

Yes, of course if one takes it at face value!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
22-09-2016, 09:58 AM
(17-09-2016 03:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Fundies are always talking about how nice a guy Jesus was how merciful he was yadda yadda .Problem is if the trinity is true then Jesus has as much blood on his hands as the god of the old testament. Plus people who point this out tend to forget that according to jesus himself he could have summoned a legion of angels and the only reason he didn't was because he was trying to be killed .Lastly any time someone says at it's foundation look at how peaceful Christianity is ask them to explain the horrible shit described in the bible when Jesus gets back which at the time the bible was written people believe was nigh.

I,m sure think of more examples of how Jesus was not peaceful but really i think this brief 3 examples is really all i need

Any thoughts or other examples you can think of ?
This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but Jesus wasn't "nice and peaceful" with that fig tree (Matthew: 18-19). I guess he was pissed at himself for screwing up when he created it in the first place. So he had a little temper tantrum... perfect being that he is and all. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-09-2016, 07:23 AM
(18-09-2016 05:41 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I also don't see Christians going around being super loving to their "enemies" or allowing themselves to be attacked without retribution, they seem to demand war more than any other group, in our country it seems to be the case anyway.

I guess being a raging asshole is just one thing they can get away with because they are "saved" and filled with the joyful love of the father, our God who art in heaven...just biding his time before he rescues them and plunges all the non-believers in eternal torture, pain, and suffering...because he loves us all and only wants us to be happy, especially his enemies, they deserve so much love in the form of perpetual flames burning them forever.

As long as somebody is around to tell them that they have a Divine Excuse ™, why should they care?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
25-09-2016, 04:30 AM
You are all just brilliantly real.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post