Poll: Do you think that this discussion has merit?
Yes, it is a valuable discussion
No, it has too many holes
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Jesus and His Forgotten Tomb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2016, 03:44 PM
RE: Jesus and His Forgotten Tomb
I'm glad I was able to find a thread on this, I felt I'd add a little something in to the discussion.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dDSWbiWzq7I/Uy...600/ns.jpg

Apparently there are lots of "Nativity stone" necklaces out there that claim to boast a small piece of the rock rolled away from Jesus' tomb. A close friend of mine actually has one of these, too! I don't exactly know which tomb the stone pieces come from, but evidently the one they got was a whopping 600 bucks. Unsure

Forgive me for my skepticism, but I can't help but feel like it's just another case of "God loves you and needs money"...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Diddlyboop's post
22-11-2016, 03:42 AM
(17-11-2016 03:44 PM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  I'm glad I was able to find a thread on this, I felt I'd add a little something in to the discussion.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dDSWbiWzq7I/Uy...600/ns.jpg

Apparently there are lots of "Nativity stone" necklaces out there that claim to boast a small piece of the rock rolled away from Jesus' tomb. A close friend of mine actually has one of these, too! I don't exactly know which tomb the stone pieces come from, but evidently the one they got was a whopping 600 bucks. Unsure

Forgive me for my skepticism, but I can't help but feel like it's just another case of "God loves you and needs money"...
You have got to be kidding! Geez, I hope your friend thought it was good value for money. Here are some bargains from Lourdes. Don't be skeptical, they all have authentic water according to them. http://www.directfromlourdes.com/lourdes...62&start=0
22-11-2016, 03:58 AM
(10-09-2016 07:42 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  If what I have said here is reasonable and correct, then it was no big deal for a historical Jesus to have been buried in a tomb that has long since been forgotten. There were no Christians during the time of Jesus, only Jews. Therefore, nobody was going to be creating a shrine out of some tomb where a person who was accursed (because he was hung and crucified) was supposedly buried.

It simply doesn't make any sense at all for non believing Jews to embellish the life of a cursed man by building a shrine to him. No sense at all.
If you believe he existed and had followers and family, they would all have remembered where he was buried and anyway it was supposed to be owned by joseph of Arimathea (where-ever the hell that was!) who was supposedly a well known man.

All of the town supposedly cheered him on and strangely turned on him for no reason given. Don't you think that information would be forever burned into their memories and passed on down the generations? Traders and passersby would hear about the famous tomb and want to see it. Sadly it is all fictitious anyway, I just wanted to know how believers could justify it not being remembered.