Jesus and a Piece of Chalk

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2014, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2014 05:02 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Jesus and a Piece of Chalk
http://www4.uwsp.edu/philosophy/dwarren/...sChalk.pdf

I guess it's a new viral video called Jesus and a Piece of Chalk. It's the same story but this was in the form of a video with some nice peaceful music in the background as the text progressed. Just more face palm worthy shit. Usually I just leave these posts alone so I don't look like a psyco that disagrees with everything lol but who knows maybe if I can think up something clever I'll respond to his post.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
14-11-2014, 06:06 PM
RE: Jesus and a Piece of Chalk
I'm sure it gives jesus freaks the same kind of warm feeling they get from pissing in their pants.

They are easily impressed.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
14-11-2014, 06:34 PM

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-11-2014, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2014 07:28 PM by CleverUsername.)
God could make the chalk levitate.

God could make the chalk shatter into multiple pieces and then pull itself back together.

God could make the chalk go right through the floor, into the basement, where it would later be found still in one piece.

God could make the chalk grow.

God could make the professor physically unable to let go of the chalk.

God could do pretty much anything flashy and notable.

But no, instead God decides to go with the "coincidence that is not at all impossible" route.

Ya know, even if God did exist, I'd still hate him just because he's a complete idiot with absolutely no creativity.

Also, what the hell was going on the other years they mentioned when God didn't stop the chalk from breaking? Even in their bullcrap "inspirational" stories they still need to cherry pick evidence.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
14-11-2014, 07:32 PM
The articles interpretation of the fable:
Quote:1) Don't be mindless or fickle.
2) Don't allow reason to affect your beliefs.
3) Philosophy is opposed to religion, and dangerous to religious people.
I deem that to be both a fair interpretation and accurate:
(14-11-2014 06:50 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Even in their bullcrap "inspirational" stories they still need to cherry pick evidence.
Exactly. Jesus fucking Christ.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
14-11-2014, 10:33 PM
http://www.snopes.com/religion/chalk.asp

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
14-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Ah the good old "Atheist professor (with a capital A)" meme Rolleyes Always the most retarded faith stories with this one. Like the one where he sits next to a 5 year old on a plane and promptly begins trying to convert her from her deep and true Christian faith, whereupon she dominates his ass. Dodgy

Of all the fucken stupid feel-good stories Christians tell themselves, this is one of the stupidest.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-11-2014, 11:04 PM
LMFAO... Ran out of the room? I was expecting a "better" ending than that. I mean, not something believable, but at least something reasonably within character.
15-11-2014, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2014 09:45 AM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Glad you guys gotta kick out of it.

That's one dumb atheist trying to prove that an intangible doesn't exist. I've yet to meet one person like that. Wtf lol. Once again, the burden of proof lies on the person with the claim. and how about repeating the experiment!? Has science not taught you anything!? Repeat the experiment! Isn't it more probable that he just happened to drop the chalk incorrectly in his experiment than it being the result of supernatural intervention? haha. Just more propaganda.

Sometimes I worry for humanity. I saw this quote the other day...

I usually don't like to be so blunt, but the idea is just as stupid as sasquatch, manbearpig, psyic mediums, ghosts, etc.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
15-11-2014, 09:40 AM
(14-11-2014 10:33 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  http://www.snopes.com/religion/chalk.asp

I'm actually surprised it didn't start with an imagined atheist. I heard these stories all over the place and sometimes it usually involved Einstein or other recognized figure as the "faithful" one.
They sure love fan fiction.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell