Jesus ant exhibit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Jesus ant exhibit
this is from a couple of days ago. A piece of art was taken down after pressure from Catholics and republicans. I call this censorship. I also find it funny that republicans are actually using the separation of church and state to argue their point. I feel like a we owe them a big "I told you so"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...d=talkbox1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4voTTLzi0E
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM

RE: Jesus ant exhibit
Yes, I heard about this. And here I thought Muhammad was the only prophet who's followers had no sense of humor.
Then again, we are talking Republicans here. Rolleyes

If ant's crawling on a dead Jew, who's followers today worship his zombie self and participate in symbolic cannibalism in order to join with him isn't already challenging to the intellect, ants crawling on a Hebrew tree ornament and called art, isn't even close to insulting the religious icon itself.

It is censorship. But then again, I watched a college football game where a Ref threw a flag because the player went to one knee to thank God for his touchdown, because the Ref said that display was against the rule prohibiting a player to draw attention to himself. You know, because there was no attention on himself when he made the touchdown seconds before, and he was suppose to surrender the ball immediately. But the Ref wasn't there to take the ball immediately. One of those little details they thought we missed! Along with remembering this particular player had committed to that same knee posture in every game during the season before, without issue. Meanwhile religious discrimination veiled in a BS rule, was left unchallenged by everyone but the media.

We're being fed a lot of skewed messages, when it comes to separation and freedom of and from religion now days. It's almost like the perfume of creeping Communism veiled in fine print, is on the wind.
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I think that churches should not be allowed to place signs in front of their churches promoting their services, or any other saying for that matter, until they themselves totally cease all forms of censorship that they are engaged in.
05-12-2010, 06:39 PM

[Image: 0d59c7dbfc.jpg]

I agree. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2010, 09:50 PM
(05-12-2010 06:39 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  [Image: 0d59c7dbfc.jpg]

I agree. Tongue

I really hope they are referring to sex, because that's what I do on Sunday mornings.