Jesus apparently existed outside of the bible..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Jesus apparently existed outside of the bible..
(18-05-2016 04:45 AM)jabeady Wrote:  For those unfamiliar with Thomas Jefferson's Bible, Jefferson combined all four Gospels into a single narrative and redacted all the miracles and other magical items. He did this in English, Latin French and Greek(?). The purpose was to try and isolate Jesus' teachings, but a side-effect was a much - more powerful story. The final sentence is almost poetry.

You can buy both the Smithsonian facsimile edition and various readers' editions on Amazon. I'd recommend a reader's edition, since the facsimile is an actual photocopy of the original, with the various translations "pasted" in columns next to each other on each page, for easy comparison.

Oh crap!

I had a book while I was a New Age believer which said that there were only 6 things in the New Testament that Jesus actually said. Even at the time I was amused that anyone could purport to sort that out!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2016, 10:04 AM
(05-05-2011 07:44 PM)Efrx86 Wrote:  If he turns out to be a real guy, that's cool. As long as people don't prance around claiming that he's the son of a god, born out of a virgin woman... wait... fuck.

The one thing I know is that it is possible to get a virgin pregnant with our current level of technology. Even if they proved he existed and they he was indeed born of a virgin, it really wouldn't mean anything.
24-05-2016, 10:34 AM
(24-05-2016 10:04 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-05-2011 07:44 PM)Efrx86 Wrote:  If he turns out to be a real guy, that's cool. As long as people don't prance around claiming that he's the son of a god, born out of a virgin woman... wait... fuck.

The one thing I know is that it is possible to get a virgin pregnant with our current level of technology. Even if they proved he existed and they he was indeed born of a virgin, it really wouldn't mean anything.

The Catholic Church (I'm not sure about other Christians) goes farther than that, though. They claim that she remained a virgin even after giving birth. Numerous Catholic prayers refer to "ever-virgin" Mary.
24-05-2016, 12:36 PM
c-section

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
24-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Matthew 1:25
(King James Bible)
And knew her not until she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-05-2016, 12:45 PM
(24-05-2016 10:34 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 10:04 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The one thing I know is that it is possible to get a virgin pregnant with our current level of technology. Even if they proved he existed and they he was indeed born of a virgin, it really wouldn't mean anything.

The Catholic Church (I'm not sure about other Christians) goes farther than that, though. They claim that she remained a virgin even after giving birth. Numerous Catholic prayers refer to "ever-virgin" Mary.
What even is they criteria of a virgin then? The classic hymen policy would surely still break from birthing and did Jesus not have a schween? What is the meaning of this virgin claim now

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-05-2016, 01:03 PM
(24-05-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 10:34 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The Catholic Church (I'm not sure about other Christians) goes farther than that, though. They claim that she remained a virgin even after giving birth. Numerous Catholic prayers refer to "ever-virgin" Mary.
What even is they criteria of a virgin then? The classic hymen policy would surely still break from birthing and did Jesus not have a schween? What is the meaning of this virgin claim now

Miracles, you know? (1) She conceived without intercourse. (2) She gave birth without breaking the hymen (and apparently painlessly -- some Catholics will be absolutely outraged at any suggestion that she experienced pain during the birth). (3) She and Joseph never got it on either before or after Jesus was born. The first two are certainly miracles, and the third close to it, but Christians have never had any problem with miracles. After all, they believe in the resurrection.
24-05-2016, 01:08 PM
(24-05-2016 01:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What even is they criteria of a virgin then? The classic hymen policy would surely still break from birthing and did Jesus not have a schween? What is the meaning of this virgin claim now

Miracles, you know? (1) She conceived without intercourse. (2) She gave birth without breaking the hymen (and apparently painlessly -- some Catholics will be absolutely outraged at any suggestion that she experienced pain during the birth). (3) She and Joseph never got it on either before or after Jesus was born. The first two are certainly miracles, and the third close to it, but Christians have never had any problem with miracles. After all, they believe in the resurrection.

What is their excuse for Jesus' siblings?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
24-05-2016, 01:13 PM
(24-05-2016 12:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 10:34 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The Catholic Church (I'm not sure about other Christians) goes farther than that, though. They claim that she remained a virgin even after giving birth. Numerous Catholic prayers refer to "ever-virgin" Mary.

Which do you mean. A schlong....Yiddish word for penis... or Schwinn, a cool bicycle? Or maybe Jesus caught his schlong in the spokes of his Schwinn. Hahaha, I crack myself up sometimes. Laugh out load

Anyway, on a more serious note. Dodgy It seems that Mary got fucked by her god and future son all at the same time. Must have been pretty amazing sex. Meanwhile Joseph the Cuckolded Husband was totally out of the loop More great "morals" and "family values" from the Book of Incest.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-05-2016, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2016 01:54 PM by Grasshopper.)
(24-05-2016 01:08 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 01:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Miracles, you know? (1) She conceived without intercourse. (2) She gave birth without breaking the hymen (and apparently painlessly -- some Catholics will be absolutely outraged at any suggestion that she experienced pain during the birth). (3) She and Joseph never got it on either before or after Jesus was born. The first two are certainly miracles, and the third close to it, but Christians have never had any problem with miracles. After all, they believe in the resurrection.

What is their excuse for Jesus' siblings?

Oh, you better believe they have one. You see, "brother" in those days didn't mean the same thing it does now. In the epistles, Paul calls everyone brothers (even the women, unless he's just ignoring them). And in a family context, it just means a relation -- could be a cousin or uncle as well as an actual brother. That's what they will tell you, and without reading the original Greek, it's hard to say. How ambiguous is the Greek word that was translated as "brothers"? You can't pin a Christian down on anything. They are slipperier than a greased pig.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post