Jesus apparently existed outside of the bible..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 12:20 PM
RE: Jesus apparently existed outside of the bible..
(05-05-2011 01:05 AM)Filox Wrote:  Quite interesting. So it appears he did exist then, as a historical person. Oh well, too bad, but what a hell... There I just started to believe in Jesus. Again.

Smile
Why? The text given here merely claims that there were contemporary writings about Jesus and his works, but the lack of those writings are exactly why many of us think he's entirely myth. Richard Carrier, an atheist historian, makes exactly this argument which I've linked to below.

While there are a lot of citations listed at the bottom of the text, I notice that they are (not surprisingly) Christian sources, and I didn't notice specific citations in the text linking to where you could find each fact (as people typically do in research papers and other scholarly works). It's just an attempt to "blind with sources", basically.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesus apparently existed outside of the bible.. - Starcrash - 31-01-2013 12:20 PM
RE: Jesus apparently existed outside of the bible.. - Celestus87 - 11-05-2011, 03:00 PM
RE: Jesus apparently existed outside of the bible.. - Celestus87 - 12-05-2011, 07:58 AM