Jesus appeared before me today....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2012, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 12:44 AM by kpax.)
Thumbs Up Jesus appeared before me today....
It was awesome. He was just a few feet away on stage as I had front row seats. Anyone else see the play Jesus Christ Superstar?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 01:33 AM
RE: Jesus appeared before me today....
Oh, that was lucky... I thought you had a psychotic break and hit {REDACTED}'s plain of hallucinatory visions.

.... Wait a second.. Maybe you did have a break, why'd you go see that?

(awaits review)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
10-11-2012, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 02:44 AM by kpax.)
LOL HaHa.

It's a musical opera story within a story kind of thing. It wasn't exactly following the bible's version. Search the title on youtube and you'll see what I mean. It was created in the 70s and created controversy in its time. The perspective is from Judas. There are some parts that were probably considered blasphemous, even today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Chris...ontroversy

I actually liked it from an entertainment perspective....

Went because my local community theater put it on and I love plays. Smile Plus I like to gather insight and observe from an atheist perspective since I am new atheist.

Speaking of that...I almost forgot the reason why I brought this up to begin with. 3 of the theater members died recently and the owner made everyone pray before the play in honor of their memory.

I closed my eyes out of respect but peaked with one eye at times.
10-11-2012, 02:48 AM
(10-11-2012 02:36 AM)kpax Wrote:  LOL HaHa.

It's a musical opera story within a story kind of thing. It wasn't exactly following the bible's version. Search the title on youtube and you'll see what I mean. It was created in the 70s and considered 'risky' to perform at the time. The perspective is from Judas. There are some parts that were probably considered blasphemous: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Chris...ontroversy

I actually liked it from an entertainment perspective....

Went because my local community theater put it on and I love plays. Smile Plus I like to gather insight and observe from an atheist perspective since I am new atheist de-convert.

Speaking of that...I almost forgot the reason why I brought this up to begin with. 3 of the theater members died recently and the owner made everyone pray before the play in honor of their memory.

I closed my eyes out of respect but peaked with one eye at times.
I'll have to remember when I get to the realm of youtube use again.

I imagine that the results of your little experiment were interesting?

Though frankly, if I were there, during that little prayer part, I would probably have yawned obnoxiously... Yawning causes me to close my eyes, that counts right?

Or done something else "disrespectful"... got any idea for the next time I am invited to a christening or something that involves prayer?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-11-2012, 02:51 AM
If it counts I said blah blah blah in my head. LOL

Nah, there's a time and place for protest about beliefs or non-beliefs. Honoring someone's death isn't one of them.
10-11-2012, 02:54 AM
there be a difference between honouring a persons death, and making a bunch of people talk to themselves, frankly I find the notion an insult to the possibly dearly departed's memory...

Beside I'm almost always tired so I might just end up yawning anyway! Big Grin

10-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Re: Jesus appeared before me today....
Never saw it, but one time on a train, A DRUNK guy repeatedly told me I looked like Jesus and began signing Jesus Christ Superstar at me.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
10-11-2012, 07:03 AM
I can't believe I just wasted 4minutes of my life youtubing Jesus Christ Superstar...
There's 4minutes of my life I'll never get back.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I was hoping he was on toast again. Sad

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
10-11-2012, 06:20 PM
There's a revival of it going on in London right now. Tim Minchin is playing the part of Judas!