Jesus appeared before me today....
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2012, 06:25 PM
RE: Jesus appeared before me today....
(10-11-2012 11:20 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  I was hoping he was on toast again. Sad
Got an email from Amazon today with a bunch of toasters on it. Jesus, The Virgin Mary, Hello Kitty, and a peace could have your own Jesus toast every day...just without much miracle.

As for Jesus Christ Superstar, I had the albums from the movie way back in the day. Knew every word. I just looked at it like any other movie and not a religious experience or a documentary.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 11:17 PM
(10-11-2012 02:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 02:36 AM)kpax Wrote:  LOL HaHa.

It's a musical opera story within a story kind of thing. It wasn't exactly following the bible's version. Search the title on youtube and you'll see what I mean. It was created in the 70s and considered 'risky' to perform at the time. The perspective is from Judas. There are some parts that were probably considered blasphemous:

I actually liked it from an entertainment perspective....

Went because my local community theater put it on and I love plays. Smile Plus I like to gather insight and observe from an atheist perspective since I am new atheist de-convert.

Speaking of that...I almost forgot the reason why I brought this up to begin with. 3 of the theater members died recently and the owner made everyone pray before the play in honor of their memory.

I closed my eyes out of respect but peaked with one eye at times.

I'll have to remember when I get to the realm of youtube use again.

I imagine that the results of your little experiment were interesting?

Though frankly, if I were there, during that little prayer part, I would probably have yawned obnoxiously... Yawning causes me to close my eyes, that counts right?

Or done something else "disrespectful"... got any idea for the next time I am invited to a christening or something that involves prayer?

I work nights and my wife likes to drag me to church on Sunday. I find actually falling asleep during the service does the job quite nicely.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
10-11-2012, 11:24 PM
My condolences for being subjected to such boring preachers Birdguy. Maybe you need one of those exciting.. what-da-you-call 'em preachers, Pentecostals me thinks, laugh the Cosmic Zombie Jew right into your heart!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Did you have sex? It doesn't turn out too well if you have sex....