Jesus appears in Dream to ISIS militant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Jesus appears in Dream to ISIS militant
ISIS militant now Christian after dreams of Jesus...

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/is.../55408.htm

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 08:42 AM
RE: Jesus appears in Dream to ISIS militant
That after he got his posting notice for his assignment to the suicide vest squadron..................

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 8 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Somehow, I find it difficult to swallow: a missionary just happens to run into a former jihadi begging to follow Jesus.

Not saying it wouldn't happen but I think the reporting lacks.

That said, trading up one delusion for another seems to be the way it goes for a lot of people who have no concept of reality. It's easy to go from one extreme to another because it's not actually changing anything. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-06-2015, 08:56 AM
(05-06-2015 08:49 AM)kim Wrote:  Somehow, I find it difficult to swallow: a missionary just happens to run into a former jihadi begging to follow Jesus.

Not saying it wouldn't happen but I think the reporting lacks.

That said, trading up one delusion for another seems to be the way it goes for a lot of people who have no concept of reality. It's easy because it's not actually changing anything. Shy

Yeah, apparently there are a lot of stories of Muslims hearing the Gospel in their dreams or having Jesus encounters in dreams and turning to Jesus (supposedly without having any knowledge of Gospel or Jesus prior to dreams)...

http://www.lausanneworldpulse.com/perspe...95/01-2007

On John Loftus' website, there is an article debunking these claims:

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.co...ssion.html

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
05-06-2015, 01:49 PM
(05-06-2015 08:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, apparently there are a lot of stories of Muslims hearing the Gospel in their dreams or having Jesus encounters in dreams and turning to Jesus (supposedly without having any knowledge of Gospel or Jesus prior to dreams)...

Well, if they had 'no prior knowledge of Jesus' then, they must not be very good Muslims. Jesus turns up as a discussion topic and a respected prophet in the Qur'an.

Somebody's not reading their holy book. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
05-06-2015, 02:13 PM
(05-06-2015 01:49 PM)kim Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 08:56 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, apparently there are a lot of stories of Muslims hearing the Gospel in their dreams or having Jesus encounters in dreams and turning to Jesus (supposedly without having any knowledge of Gospel or Jesus prior to dreams)...

Well, if they had 'no prior knowledge of Jesus' then, they must not be very good Muslims. Jesus turns up as a discussion topic and a respected prophet in the Qur'an.

Somebody's not reading their holy book. Wink

Right, he shows up quite a bit in the Qur'an and with some similarities to the Gospels. Consider

05-06-2015, 02:19 PM
In August, 2004 Oral Roberts received a vision of some kind of an atmospheric disturbance over New York City. The vision obviously shook Oral to the place where he referred to it as a "wake-up call" and immediately went on television to explain what happened. Below are his comments:

"Instantly I heard that voice…and then I saw with my eyes something I'd never seen. Suddenly, in the clouds in the skies above New York City and the east part of the United States, and which hung there for quite some time and then spread out across America, without touching the ground, and then God defused it away from America and sent it out to the nations of the earth…

"I saw something coming down from above: Smoke and vapor and blood, or it looked like that to my eyes, to my spiritual eyes. There it was hanging so huge until it almost blotted out the sky…And then I heard God's voice…He said 'This is one of the signs of the end time because the world is not ready for the second coming of my Son…My Church is not ready for the second coming of my Son…The Jews, with whom I've had the covenant for thousands of years, they're not ready for the second coming of my Son…The nations of the earth are not ready for the second coming of my Son.' "

The Lord went on to say that He loved people so much that He didn't want the Second Coming to occur in it's finality without people knowing about it. Oral said that little is being said today about the Second Coming. He said we need to, with urgency and a "fire in the belly", start preaching about it again. On his television interview he explained how the Second Coming occurs in two phases. First, Jesus returns in the air to remove his people (the Church) and then after a time of Tribulation Jesus returns physically to the earth (accompanied by the believers he removed earlier) to establish his kingdom.

Call in the psych ward!!! Evil_monster Angel Sadcryface2 Shocking Hobo

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
05-06-2015, 02:25 PM
(05-06-2015 08:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  ISIS militant now Christian after dreams of Jesus...

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/is.../55408.htm
Well, if his former brothers in arms don't cut his head off or stone him for the crime of apostasy then I assume he will use his guns to kill people in abortion clinics or perhaps invade a museum and destroy all the dinosaur fossils.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
05-06-2015, 02:30 PM
(05-06-2015 02:19 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  In August, 2004 Oral Roberts received a vision of some kind of an atmospheric disturbance over New York City. The vision obviously shook Oral to the place where he referred to it as a "wake-up call" and immediately went on television to explain what happened. Below are his comments:

"Instantly I heard that voice…and then I saw with my eyes something I'd never seen. Suddenly, in the clouds in the skies above New York City and the east part of the United States, and which hung there for quite some time and then spread out across America, without touching the ground, and then God defused it away from America and sent it out to the nations of the earth…

"I saw something coming down from above: Smoke and vapor and blood, or it looked like that to my eyes, to my spiritual eyes. There it was hanging so huge until it almost blotted out the sky…And then I heard God's voice…He said 'This is one of the signs of the end time because the world is not ready for the second coming of my Son…My Church is not ready for the second coming of my Son…The Jews, with whom I've had the covenant for thousands of years, they're not ready for the second coming of my Son…The nations of the earth are not ready for the second coming of my Son.' "

The Lord went on to say that He loved people so much that He didn't want the Second Coming to occur in it's finality without people knowing about it. Oral said that little is being said today about the Second Coming. He said we need to, with urgency and a "fire in the belly", start preaching about it again. On his television interview he explained how the Second Coming occurs in two phases. First, Jesus returns in the air to remove his people (the Church) and then after a time of Tribulation Jesus returns physically to the earth (accompanied by the believers he removed earlier) to establish his kingdom.

Call in the psych ward!!! Evil_monster Angel Sadcryface2 Shocking Hobo

How the fuck does any English speaking person name his / her kid "Oral" ? Huh

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
05-06-2015, 02:38 PM
If anyone wants to read the Qur'an, this is a fairly good site. http://quran.com/ The translation choices on the side can pull up as much or as little as desired. It's very convenient

MAJOR TIP: Read from last surrah (114) to the first for the correct order or it will really be a jumbled mess. I ended up reading it through a second time correctly and it wasnt such a struggle.

Also, be prepared for a LOT of repetition. Undecided Dry, dry, repetition.

[+] 2 users Like kim's post