Jesus appears in Dream to ISIS militant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Jesus appears in Dream to ISIS militant
(05-06-2015 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 02:19 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  In August, 2004 Oral Roberts received a vision of some kind of an atmospheric disturbance over New York City. The vision obviously shook Oral to the place where he referred to it as a "wake-up call" and immediately went on television to explain what happened. Below are his comments:

"Instantly I heard that voice…and then I saw with my eyes something I'd never seen. Suddenly, in the clouds in the skies above New York City and the east part of the United States, and which hung there for quite some time and then spread out across America, without touching the ground, and then God defused it away from America and sent it out to the nations of the earth…

"I saw something coming down from above: Smoke and vapor and blood, or it looked like that to my eyes, to my spiritual eyes. There it was hanging so huge until it almost blotted out the sky…And then I heard God's voice…He said 'This is one of the signs of the end time because the world is not ready for the second coming of my Son…My Church is not ready for the second coming of my Son…The Jews, with whom I've had the covenant for thousands of years, they're not ready for the second coming of my Son…The nations of the earth are not ready for the second coming of my Son.' "

The Lord went on to say that He loved people so much that He didn't want the Second Coming to occur in it's finality without people knowing about it. Oral said that little is being said today about the Second Coming. He said we need to, with urgency and a "fire in the belly", start preaching about it again. On his television interview he explained how the Second Coming occurs in two phases. First, Jesus returns in the air to remove his people (the Church) and then after a time of Tribulation Jesus returns physically to the earth (accompanied by the believers he removed earlier) to establish his kingdom.

Call in the psych ward!!! Evil_monster Angel Sadcryface2 Shocking Hobo

How the fuck does any English speaking person name his / her kid "Oral" ? Huh

It's a valid question. My answer is: "Yes" lol Big Grin

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 02:45 PM
(05-06-2015 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  How the fuck does any English speaking person name his / her kid "Oral" ? Huh

I guess that's what his mother wishes she'd gotten...........

as in

"I wish I'd gotten oral instead"....

Drooling

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-06-2015, 04:38 PM
(05-06-2015 02:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 02:19 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  In August, 2004 Oral Roberts received a vision of some kind of an atmospheric disturbance over New York City. The vision obviously shook Oral to the place where he referred to it as a "wake-up call" and immediately went on television to explain what happened. Below are his comments:

"Instantly I heard that voice…and then I saw with my eyes something I'd never seen. Suddenly, in the clouds in the skies above New York City and the east part of the United States, and which hung there for quite some time and then spread out across America, without touching the ground, and then God defused it away from America and sent it out to the nations of the earth…

"I saw something coming down from above: Smoke and vapor and blood, or it looked like that to my eyes, to my spiritual eyes. There it was hanging so huge until it almost blotted out the sky…And then I heard God's voice…He said 'This is one of the signs of the end time because the world is not ready for the second coming of my Son…My Church is not ready for the second coming of my Son…The Jews, with whom I've had the covenant for thousands of years, they're not ready for the second coming of my Son…The nations of the earth are not ready for the second coming of my Son.' "

The Lord went on to say that He loved people so much that He didn't want the Second Coming to occur in it's finality without people knowing about it. Oral said that little is being said today about the Second Coming. He said we need to, with urgency and a "fire in the belly", start preaching about it again. On his television interview he explained how the Second Coming occurs in two phases. First, Jesus returns in the air to remove his people (the Church) and then after a time of Tribulation Jesus returns physically to the earth (accompanied by the believers he removed earlier) to establish his kingdom.

Call in the psych ward!!! Evil_monster Angel Sadcryface2 Shocking Hobo

How the fuck does any English speaking person name his / her kid "Oral" ? Huh

Thoughtless ones? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2015, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 05:31 PM by CleverUsername.)
So, I take it Jesus will now appear to the others and ISIS will soon be a thing of the past? Right? Surely that would be the most logical thing to do, so long as he's going the "Appear in dreams" route instead of anything simpler?

Rolleyes

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
07-06-2015, 12:00 AM
(06-06-2015 05:01 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  So, I take it Jesus will now appear to the others and ISIS will soon be a thing of the past? Right? Surely that would be the most logical thing to do, so long as he's going the "Appear in dreams" route instead of anything simpler?

Rolleyes

Ol' JC doesn't actually want to stop the fighting you see. That would be messing with freewill. So he appears in dreams to those who do evil. The other militants will deny having these dreams of course, because they are tainted by Satan, but *this guy*, *this one guy* chose the path of righteousness. How can we not celebrate that? Dodgy

Fuck, I should write advertising copy... Just the right blend of sleaze and plausibility... Well, I admit it's not plausible but you gotta remember the target audience aren't exactly skeptical.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2015, 01:51 AM
When Jesus appeared in his dreams, was he white skinned and blue eyed? All he says is that he was "in white".
07-06-2015, 07:41 PM
(05-06-2015 02:38 PM)kim Wrote:  If anyone wants to read the Qur'an, this is a fairly good site. http://quran.com/ The translation choices on the side can pull up as much or as little as desired. It's very convenient

MAJOR TIP: Read from last surrah (114) to the first for the correct order or it will really be a jumbled mess. I ended up reading it through a second time correctly and it wasnt such a struggle.

Also, be prepared for a LOT of repetition. Undecided Dry, dry, repetition.

This is my edition of the Quran. I've tried to read it several times, but by fuck is it boring (and this is coming from someone who has read The Communist Manifesto, the Conquest of Bread, My Disillusionment in Russia and My Further Disillusionment in Russia, among others with ease and interest). First fifty or so pages are about the sacrifice of a cow, or a goat or something like that.

It is a very nice edition though, so if any of you are in Canada and looking for a Quran I would recommend getting this one.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
21-07-2015, 05:30 AM
(07-06-2015 01:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  When Jesus appeared in his dreams, was he white skinned and blue eyed? All he says is that he was "in white".

[Image: fca45d8ad8f13dfa0a4b66ea9bf0527c.png]
[+] 3 users Like Talviomena's post
21-07-2015, 09:16 AM
One of the big advantages of the amount of time I did in an isolation cell was that I finally had time to read the entire Qur'an and the Bahagavad Gita (started working on the Rig Vedas, but it wasn't a full copy, and the author covering it wasn't engrossing at all, even under those conditions).

The Qur'an is basically just the Old Testament stories repeated in a more-Arab context, in many cases almost word-for-word, but preceded by "God is the best!" and followed by "Now HOW can you not believe, having seen THIS!? You'll go to hell and burn if you don't!" Repeat times about 3/4ths of the Surahs.

Now, the Bahagavad Gita is fascinating: drug-taking warriors riding through the countryside slaughtering peasants, wars that seem to have involved alien powers, The Jungle Books-style animal stories, and Game of Thrones-levels of political intrigue and murder... good stuff.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
21-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Solitary huh? Yowzer... I'm amazed you didn't lose your mind in jail, I know I would.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.